Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

Easy to be the smart arse before you get scudded 7-0.

The Scotsman saying May will sign next week. 

GIF by Giphy QA

Stop stealing my gifs you c**t.

2 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Do you have a link to that? 

"But it is believed that May, who seemed set to return to the Perth club last month only for the deal to collapse, will sign on the dotted line this week following his release from Aberdeen."

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/defiant-st-johnstone-manager-retains-hopes-of-reviving-stevie-may-deal-1-4976406/

32 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

With a good defence you've got a solid platform to build on.  That is where my current concern lies as at present we have the worst performing back four during Tommy's reign by some distance.

Agreed. It's worrying. The back 5 is basically only one player different from last season too.

14 hours ago, The Saintee said:

WAP taking it well I see.

Just had a look there, heads gone galore.

For some reason I've been targeted, apparently for deleting posts, and also told to f**k off as I never go to games.

Lovely stuff.

A few folk on there have been determined for a while now to get TW sacked, and I've absolutely no idea why. They're now joined by the two parents who skull about slating the club because their kids got released. Close it down Beatson, I defended it before but its done now.

The lack of a midfielder who can actually put his foot on the ball in the middle of the park is a pressing concern as much as a striker IMO. Did a Millar/Morris team ever get scudded that heavily? I suspect not because at least we’d have retained possession for a few seconds at some point.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

The lack of a midfielder who can actually put his foot on the ball in the middle of the park is a pressing concern as much as a striker IMO. Did a Millar/Morris team ever get scudded that heavily? I suspect not because at least we’d have retained possession for a few seconds at some point.

It's kind of been lost in the search for a striker but THAT was the pressing concern for probably over 12 months. I know I've certainly been guilty of turning focus onto a striker and I guess also worrying we'd just end up with another Goss. 

Our inability to keep the ball against Celtic these days verges on painful to watch. 

It's a major failing of the manager that he failed to replace Chris Millar.

18 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Did a Millar/Morris team ever get scudded that heavily?

Plenty of games where we conceded 4.

11/12 had us lose 5-1 twice, and 4-0, within the space of a couple of months.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Deep down I knew we would lose, but i did not think we had got so bad. Lacked discipline in formation and tactics. Individual errors all over the park from Goalkeeper to forwards. There was no team spirit, no fight and some resorted to kicking the opposition and found themselves booked which is not the fight I am talking about.

Some say that the cup games were warm up matches but in my book they go down as competitive games our record so far;

Played 5, Won 1, Lost 4 Goals for 6  Goals against 12  Yellow cards 6

Like others stated we have no one who can hold the ball. Millar could and so could McLean (he was the out-ball up front.

Our moral must be so low just now but Tommy and his coaching team ares not blameless but they must get them up for next weeks game.

Kerr has to be removed as captain this is destroying his game.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Plenty of games where we conceded 4.

11/12 had us lose 5-1 twice, and 4-0, within the space of a couple of months.

Stop just looking at the black and white. That United game, for example, we competed well before a goalkeeping howler, then they scored three times in the last six minutes.  Again, against Motherwell, it was two goals in the last seven minutes. 

Yesterday we were 3-0 down after 30 minutes and were already on the end of a hammering before their strikers finished off the scoring. We had 24% possession and two shots on goal, both off target. I assume the second one was after I'd left but the first was Liam Craig taking the ball from a free kick then sending the ball miles over the bar from around 30 yards. 

I know you are just answering the question but I don't think he meant it literally. 

Who cares how many yellow cards we've got? That's like complaining about the tune the band were playing on the Titanic as it went down. 

And the manager can't remove another captain after doing the same with Anderson. Kerr has to grow up and adapt to the role, and quickly. 

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

Stop just looking at the black and white. That United game, for example, we competed well before a goalkeeping howler, then they scored three times in the last six minutes.  Again, against Motherwell, it was two goals in the last seven minutes. 

Yesterday we were 3-0 down after 30 minutes and were already on the end of a hammering before their strikers finished off the scoring. We had 24% possession and two shots on goal, both off target. I assume the second one was after I'd left but the first was Liam Craig taking the ball from a free kick then sending the ball miles over the bar from around 30 yards. 

I know you are just answering the question but I don't think he meant it literally. 

I've not seen any of the game, or highlights, from yesterday tbh, I was getting a running commentary during the meal and that was enough.

I'm always loathe to read much into matches at Celtic Park, they're an absolute behemoth just now and theres little any club in the Country can do when they're fired up and flying. Going there without a recognised striker, without any confidence in the squad, and a set up that looked, on paper, as if we'd spend all game camped back and shelling balls to the front men to try and create something, was always going to result in an absolute pumping on flag day. As I say, I didn't see the game so I'm likely completely ignorant to how bad it actually was, but we've been battered plenty of times before in Glasgow.

Wrong time, wrong place, and just one of those things. Next week is now a must win though.

Edited by RandomGuy.

9 minutes ago, Radford said:

Who cares how many yellow cards we've got? That's like complaining about the tune the band were playing on the Titanic as it went down. 

And the manager can't remove another captain after doing the same with Anderson. Kerr has to grow up and adapt to the role, and quickly. 

We can agree to disagree on the Yellow cards. With a small squad I believe the last thing we need in an important game is to have 1 or 2 key players suspended (that is not counting injuries) That is why I think yellow cards will play a part in our season.

Kerr, what if he does not "grow up and adapt to the role and quickly" but gets worse? You cannot deny his game has deteriorated since he was given the role of captain 

Edited by Templar

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I say, I didn't see the game so I'm likely completely ignorant... 

I wouldn't be as rude as to say that but you are wrong. 

But I think when folk spend their £30 on a ticket and their travel and everything, they don't need to hear someone who hasn't "seen any of the game, or highlights, from yesterday" telling them it's just one of those things. 

With respect. 

3 minutes ago, Templar said:

We can agree to disagree on the Yellow cards. With a small squad I believe the last thing we need in an important game is to have 1 or 2 key players suspended (that is not counting injuries) That is why I think yellow cards will play a part in our season.

Kerr what if he does not "grow up and adapt to the role and quickly" but gets worse? You cannot deny his game has deteriorated since he was give the role of captain. 

Over the course the season maybe - although our discipline has been very good in recent years - but at the moment, it's pretty far down the list of concerns for me! 

It might come to a time to make that decision on Kerr but that's not now. It's up to the player to get his head right, he accepted the captaincy.