Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Also this is twice in two weeks that @RandomGuy. has been threatened with face to face violence, imagine the state of adults wanting to fight because someone has said something pretty nondescript about football on an online forum that perhaps you don't agree with.

astonishing

That’s not true, you are twisting the words and you know it.  

Unfortunately nowadays everything is taken in the wrong context as it’s written not spoken.

i would be happy to sit down and debate what’s going on at Saints with a  group of fans including Random.

i think too much is said over this and other forums  that is taken the wrong way.

2 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

some actual definitions of the word "cripple"

"a person with a severe limitation of a specified kind."

"deprive of the ability to function normally."

someone making an off the cuff comment about a player being constantly injured and unable to play fits into these, you are trying to find something sensationalist to start an argument and draw attention to yourself.

grow up 

No I’m not sorry if you think that.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Your son, whoever it was, must have been shite to get dropped from this mob when they are desperate for players.

Johnny, you are right, that’s why he’s playing for a Fife team now that will be in the same division as them next season mate 👌🏼

2 minutes ago, COG said:

Do do you not think that ridiculing a so called “ family” member and calling a pro cripple is acceptable and doesn’t stir up ill feeling?

I prefer face to face debate rather than behind a keyboard. However in our social media driven life this is sadly lacking. 

I believe in free speech however when it comes to personal stuff it crosses all boundaries and causes reaction.

So you believe in free speech unless you’re offended by what is being said? That Piers Morgan logic there.

I don’t think making a flippant remark about footballers who are unlikely to ever see it is anywhere near as bad as aiming threats at another poster on an Internet forum, frankly. I can understand you taking exception to comments made about a family member if that’s the case but I don’t think you can expect to make derogatory comments about a football club (and indeed our chairman - did you ever think someone in his family might read those remarks? ;) ) without someone returning fire.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

So you believe in free speech unless you’re offended by what is being said? That Piers Morgan logic there.

I don’t think making a flippant remark about footballers who are unlikely to ever see it is anywhere near as bad as aiming threats at another poster on an Internet forum, frankly. I can understand you taking exception to comments made about a family member if that’s the case but I don’t think you can expect to make derogatory comments about a football club (and indeed our chairman - did you ever think someone in his family might read those remarks? ;) ) without someone returning fire.

When you say it like that you are 100% correct however I am not threatening anyone over a forum.

5 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

That would be amazing.  

Jordan Jones absolutely destroyed Comrie's career.

Haha, I more get the impression that if this guy really does have a son who is a footballer then it's likely his attitude towards everything with his career probably killed it too

Just now, steviemay17 said:

Haha, I more get the impression that if this guy really does have a son who is a footballer then it's likely his attitude towards everything with his career probably killed it too

Comrie is so bad even Dundee wouldn't sign him.  

Please let it be Comrie.  That would be the best ever.

29 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He went dead silent the moment you brought this up...

i dont know black and white GIF

Meanwhile over on WAP, the mysterious* poster who has been active at the same time as COG, and who spouts a very similar flavour of pish, notes that his son currently plays in the Championship ... 

* not that mysterious