Group F

The_Craig

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who needs the TV money most?

Not for the smaller clubs who would normally go out very early on, but get a few other chances to try and progress should their first game be a loss.

You think that it benefits Motherwell, fair doo's....

I'm guessing that the QC thinks that out of the losing group f teams, Motherwell has a chance of progressing.

Hellboy never mentioned Motherwell.

6 hours ago, mjw said:

Hellboy never mentioned a specific club though.
Why would a Celtic fans post make a 'rangers fan' make a snide dig about Motherwell?

6-1 perhaps or just sour grapes.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

It's how I read his post, unless you think Annan or east stirlingshire have a chance of progressing.

How knows Bennett, clubs have great runs in the cup despite which league they are in. I think you do a disservice to small clubs who manage to reach the quarter finals and further.

Just now, hellbhoy said:

How knows Bennett, clubs have great runs in the cup despite which league they are in. I think you do a disservice to small clubs who manage to reach the quarter finals and further.

Sorry Well fans.

1 minute ago, thepundit said:

The group will no doubt look a lot different by Monday evening. 'Well will probably be up in 2nd place and favourites going into the final game against Stranraer.

Well, If 'Well do well, We'll have to say well done to them.

Or not. 

The group will no doubt look a lot different by Monday evening. 'Well will probably be up in 2nd place and favourites going into the final game against Stranraer.

Stranraer could be joint top on Monday night.
We don't play till Tuesday so we could be under pressure.

Really enjoyed the trip to Annan today - nice wee ground, rare chance to stand at the game and a hilariously random music playlist (on a tannoy that's 1000 better than the one in the East Stand at Fir Park :) Annan were pretty well organised but it was a fairly comfortable win - I need to see Marv's goal again...

15 minutes ago, mjw said:

Stranraer could be joint top on Monday night.
We don't play till Tuesday so we could be under pressure.

Ah right, I thought both games were on Monday.

Under pressure to win against a non league team?...... Is your team really that bad?......

Under pressure to win against a non league team?...... Is your team really that bad?......

Its Motherwell in the cup,we've had some sore yins down the years.

11 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Teams can easily trip up against teams with far lesser resources.  Like say Rangers v Alloa.  Or Rangers v Livingston.  Or Rangers vs Dumbarton.  Or Rangers vs Forfar.  Or Rangers v Raith Rovers.  Or Rangers v Albion Rovers.  Or Rangers v Stenhousemuir.  Or.....you get the idea.

Well that's another ground ticked off the list. Pleasant place and the social club was sound enough. Annan really struggled to keep the ball and from my memory scored there only chance of note.

That Lucas had one outstanding pass up there with the first Italy goal vs Spain so it was a shame he went off injured. It was a pretty comfortable victory in the end.

My only gripe with Annan was the view isn't the greatest I didn't see any of our second goal or annan's goal. Apart from that it was a good day out.

Decent game and a decent wee ground, thought they were a very welcoming bunch down there yesterday.  Good result and a couple well taken goals by us.

Hopefully get a few goals on Tuesday no disrespect to East Stirling but id be disappointed if we didn't score at least 5 and keep a clean sheet on Tuesday night.

1 hour ago, Del_Superwell said:

Decent game and a decent wee ground, thought they were a very welcoming bunch down there yesterday.  Good result and a couple well taken goals by us.

Hopefully get a few goals on Tuesday no disrespect to East Stirling but id be disappointed if we didn't score at least 5 and keep a clean sheet on Tuesday night.

It'd be nice to see us keep a clean sheet and rack up a high score, we could really be doing with it aswell. However given that we don't seem to be able to keep even the weakest of opponents -  such as Annan - from scoring against us then I reckon we'll concede again which is worrying. Christ, we were fortunate not to concede at least two against Cove Rangers last season and our defence is yet again looking like a major weakness for us.

I reckon Tuesday will be similar to the Cove game in that we'll probably do enough and have the game won early on given the modest opposition but we'll let them back in it and concede at some point (and no doubt the usual mugs in our support will applaud when that happens) and we'll end up with a scoreline that is much closer than it should have been.

3-1 to us with all our goals coming in the first 20 minutes.

(and no doubt the usual mugs in our support will applaud when that happens)

Do you ever point out to mugs that they are being mugs?
Or do you just feel safe doing it from a safe distance?

It must be hard work for you sitting amongst a support you claim to struggle to tolerate.

Archived