2016/17 fixture list

l would be extremely surprised any club were to be handed money on the basis of how a fixture list was arranged. Seems bizarre actually.

Yes I was clearly being entirely serious. Fucking hell, it's no wonder Nizzy spent 2 pages dealing with morons.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Embarrassing from Thistle, and the other clubs mewling about this. Utterly pathetic attitude which just reinforces this moronic belief we all revolve around the Old Firm. Well done you shitebags.

Totally agree.

We haven't needed there gate money for the last 4 years so don't give them any ammo that we do.

Yes I was clearly being entirely serious. Fucking hell, it's no wonder Nizzy spent 2 pages dealing with morons.

Nizzy spent two pages actually suggesting Thistle had a fair point. Comical.

Surely the point is that teams that get four home games against the arse cheeks earn around £120,000 more for their extra two games against them while Motherwell, Partick and Hamilton play an extra home game against the likes of St Johnstone, Ross Co or Dundee.

Budgets are very tight at every club. I have no idea what wages a good SPL player gets but if it is £60,000 then the difference in the fixtures could mean that the clubs who are getting two more home games could be getting in two more quality players.

I am pretty sure that all clubs would have budgeted for three games against Rangers or Celtic. Some clubs have got an unexpected increase in their income while others have seen a reduction. That cannot be right.

I loathe the Old Firm as much as anybody but the money we get from their supporters should be distributed as fairly as possible among the rest of the clubs. The SPL have cocked up again.

Others have pointed out other cock ups like Thistle and Motherwell playing Aberdeen and Ross Co at New Year while each could have been playing each other. Just one example that illustrates that no thought is put into creating the fixtures.

How fucking close to Dingwall do you think Aberdeen is?

I don't have a view on the money aspect but bleating about being 'sent to the Highlands' is fucking pathetic. Fans of Caley and ourselves have lengthy trips to make every week.

Scotland doesn't finish at Perth.

This is the country that saw stadium capacity rules that came in just in time to scoobie our finances, then changed the rules and held a second vote to let a team that didn't meet those requirements get promoted at our expense, then did away with said stadium requirement once we were back in the doldrums.

The Thistle fans sitting in the Inverness end at Broadwood must've felt a bit silly after that.

It's really disappointing to see Our clubs have forgotten the last 4 years with no Rangers in the league. Indeed, it seems as though they've been counting down to them getting into the Premiership in order to cash in on some filthy lucre. It really does seem its up to fans to remind their clubs about "sporting integrity" and that it works both ways. If it was Falkirk or Hibs who came up, this would be a non-issue.

From a Motherwell perspective, I think the timing of the away trips to Dingwall and Inverness are better suited to a weekend . The fixture that is mental is Aberdeen coming to Fir Park on Christmas Eve. Never mind the 8 hour round trip, that trains will stop early and the day of last minute shopping and in my case, building weans toys means that some won't go.

Embarrassing stuff from Motherwell and Thistle. The fixtures should be completely random - there should be no need to treat any two particular clubs as being special and needing to be balanced out. If you only end up with two home OF games, that's just bad luck. Nobody went out of business in the last 4 seasons when you were only guaranteed one home OF fixture.

Genuinely can't believe theres still Thistle fans trying to defend their club over this. Get your head out the fucking sea you gullible fucks, your club fucked up and is now just blindly swinging at anyone to try and deflect the blame, and in doing so have just completely justified every single "Armageddon" line thats been spouted over the past four years that we've all been mocking. 

Its fucking disgusting, and its just ruined every chance we all had of getting rid of the OF monopoly that gets held over our game as it now looks like we're all utterly dependent on them. Well fucking done.

I don't know why Thistle are getting their knickers in a twist.

We just charge the OF vermin £50 for a ticket for 'derby' games at Firhill ;)

There does seem a lot of anomalies in the fixtures created.

From a Thistle perspective only one home game against the two top seeded teams, Celtic and Aberdeen.

Three fixtures against Dundee, all midweek.

It's a shame we have so many home games against teams that bring lower away supports but on paper those should be games where we are more likely to take points.

Understandable for the Highland clubs but Perth is only just one hour away from Glasgow.

No doubt we will find ourselves getting one or two draws against the **** and **** if we progress in the cups which will end up on telly.

Budget wise if we have to avoid taking a punt on a Nathan Ecclestone or an Antonio German I won't be too upset.

As said we need to stand up for ourselves and make the most of the situation and concentrate on getting our own fans along to as many games as possible.

Our squad is more or less in place and if we need to make a couple of loan signings rather than signing jobbers on a one year deal. So be it.

I just hope the floating Thistle Supporters don't use this as an excuse to stay away from home.

On the bright side we have the pitch improvements hopefully reducing postponements which must have cost us a few quid last year.

Archived