Edinburgh City

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

A young Tam the Bam in one of the pics:lol: I can remember the Sports Conscious on being on sale funny enough in Sports Conscious think it was about 88 or so.

He hasn't changed a bit. He's still got a smile on his face,

Was hoping the club would have been more vocal on social media promoting today as the only game in the SPFL and that you still have time to get to the pub for the Scotland game. Seems like a missed opportunity to get a few more through the gate. Not sure what to expect today as for all we played some nice stuff last week we still looked so vulnerable every time Arbroath came forward.

46 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Was hoping the club would have been more vocal on social media promoting today as the only game in the SPFL and that you still have time to get to the pub for the Scotland game. Seems like a missed opportunity to get a few more through the gate. Not sure what to expect today as for all we played some nice stuff last week we still looked so vulnerable every time Arbroath came forward.

Me and 2 of my mates are going to your game today.

10 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Me and 2 of my mates are going to your game today.

"Hello, is that Edinburgh City? I'm phoning from Cowdenbeath - there are three of us coming to the game. What time is kick-off?"

"Three of you coming? What time can you get here?"   :P

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

The club haven't updated the facebook page since September 8th. God knows what's gone on there but twitter is very useful for all things city related . I reckon we'll still get a decent crowd . Hibs are at home which is a shame but a few hearts fans might go and being an international weekend we'll probably get a few from other clubs without a game and some groundhoppers. 

The club haven't updated the facebook page since September 8th. God knows what's gone on there but twitter is very useful for all things city related . I reckon we'll still get a decent crowd . Hibs are at home which is a shame but a few hearts fans might go and being an international weekend we'll probably get a few from other clubs without a game and some groundhoppers. 

Aye twitter is much better right enough, had forgotten Hibs were playing to be honest. The sun is out again so hopefully that'll help a bit as well

Went along today as previously mentioned. One of my mates just missed out on the 50/50 draw and £92, whoever bought a ticket before him won it:lol:

Elgin should have been well ahead at half time and 3-0 or 4-0 wouldn't have been an unfair half time score, first goal was a fluke a cross which went in off the post but the second was well worked.

City were much improved in the second half with the Elgin keeper making two great saves, but I thought Elgin should have got a  penalty but instead Dodd got booked. City penalty was a stonewaller and I thought they may have grabbed a point after that but not too be.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Went along today as previously mentioned. One of my mates just missed out on the 50/50 draw and £92, whoever bought a ticket before him won it:lol:

Elgin should have been well ahead at half time and 3-0 or 4-0 wouldn't have been an unfair half time score, first goal was a fluke a cross which went in off the post but the second was well worked.

City were much improved in the second half with the Elgin keeper making two great saves, but I thought Elgin should have got a  penalty but instead Dodd got booked. City penalty was a stonewaller and I thought they may have grabbed a point after that but not too be.

Good enough summary Cow'! I think Edinburgh City missed Marc Laid today. He's a big threat in the box and makes a lot of the play up front. Beattie seemed out of sorts and off the pace today. Couldn't do anything with the ball when he had it and was subbed after half time with Caddow. Mbu got a knock and was replaced with McConnell. Gair booked for over zealously appealing for a penalty, I think. Guthrie came off after Dougie Gair scored for City and was replaced with Ross Allum but not enough time to make an impact. 

A couple of jokes from Sky Soccer Saturday's Jeff Sterling were in the Sun today. "Ross Allum's got the key" and "Allum's a key player" (alluding to the Allen key)

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Good enough summary Cow'! I think Edinburgh City missed Marc Laid today. He's a big threat in the box and makes a lot of the play up front. Beattie seemed out of sorts and off the pace today. Couldn't do anything with the ball when he had it and was subbed after half time with Caddow. Mbu got a knock and was replaced with McConnell. Gair booked for over zealously appealing for a penalty, I think. Guthrie came off after Dougie Gair scored for City and was replaced with Ross Allum but not enough time to make an impact. 

A couple of jokes from Sky Soccer Saturday's Jeff Sterling were in the Sun today. "Ross Allum's got the key" and "Allum's a key player" (alluding to the Allen key)

Aye I was looking forward to seeing what Laird was like only to read the manager column in the programme and find out he was out injured. Think the Gair booking at the penalty appeal was probably the ref evening out his cock up at the other end.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Reminds me of a Brechin-Meadowbank game. A mate of mine - in fact it was Alick Milne, whom I've mentioned before - bought three programmes. Their lucky numbers were 90, 91 and 93 (or something along those lines). The winner was 92. Go figure...

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Can't argue with that summary, Edinburgh were much better in the 2nd half and it was a nervous end to the game for Elgin. Happy to take 3 points away from home but the officials today were incredibly bad throughout the match. Meadowbank's looking a bit sad these days and it doesn't seem a great place to watch football. Another one ticked off the list though!

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

not claimed- get the tippex out Cowden lad! :lol:

a big shout out to the Elgin loonies who sang for the 90 minutes....