Edinburgh City

Guest Landan Spiv

Squad starting to take shape now. Allan Smith is a good signing for us. Looking forward to seeing who we have signed tommorow night then the new crest and kit launch on friday. The club are really getting things going now its an exciting time to be a city fan. 

8 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

Squad starting to take shape now. Allan Smith is a good signing for us. Looking forward to seeing who we have signed tommorow night then the new crest and kit launch on friday. The club are really getting things going now its an exciting time to be a city fan. 

They seem to have gone in a change in direction re signings after last seasons "name" players they are signing boys who know this league well like Black and Smith.

Still not sure about your badge change liked the old one.

1 hour ago, Landan Spiv said:

Oh baby :wub:

(It will probably end up being a disappointing Joma template in white at home and yellow away, but I'm still looking forward to it)

The guy you’ve signed scored a hat trick in that league last season

2 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Oh baby :wub:

(It will probably end up being a disappointing Joma template in white at home and yellow away, but I'm still looking forward to it)

i said at one point last season (over a few pints) "there's never been a polka dot jersey in Scottish football...black and white dots would be groovy"

I was then told to phuq off and get my round in! 

3 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Out of interest EC fans, who is providing the financial support to the club?  Someone has to be investing between 60-80k per year for you to be paying these wages. 

People have been saying, ever since City got into the League, that they're somehow financially well off. Perhaps they're just better run than your tinky mob.

37 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

People have been saying, ever since City got into the League, that they're somehow financially well off. Perhaps they're just better run than your tinky mob.

Thinly Veiled, "I haven't a fuckin clue" 

4 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Thinly Veiled, "I haven't a fuckin clue" 

I think I have more of a clue about the inner workings of a club I've supported for over 20 years than some Berwick troll.

Unless  you'd like to "Give us a clue"

5b1965f0e9936_lionelblair.png.0599078e230573e7c1778e27f1068703.png

Lionel Blair promising Kenneth Williams he's about to put his all into The Talented Mr Ripley

9 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Out of interest EC fans, who is providing the financial support to the club?  Someone has to be investing between 60-80k per year for you to be paying these wages. 

I'll admit "I haven't a fuckin clue"  about finances at the club, but I don't see your point about us having extra money anyway.

City released 11 players wages at the end of the season and have only replaced 5 so far.  If anything we should be saving some money?

If City had plenty of money, they would have retained more players and paid out month 12 to them .

Hendo blooted plenty of goals in for us, but had quite the draught at the Binos before getting back to form at Annan. On his day definitely a good player for League 2, and I think City will get plenty of mileage out of him. The guy's only 23 so  he's only gotten better since his Shielfield days I imagine.

Guest Landan Spiv
26 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Blair Henderson confirmed signed for City!   Guy scores goals, so must be a decent signing?

Another proven goalscorer at this level. Squad starting to take shape nicely now. 

11 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

The finance comes from the same as many other clubs at this level - gate money, licensing money, Scottish Cup participation, etc.  We don't have any sugar daddy.  We do have the big advantage of being based in Edinburgh, which is more attractive to many Central Belt players than having to travel three times a week to far-flung places for training and matches, so we can (sometimes) offer them a lot less money; and we don't own our own ground, which despite all the advantages that has, can also be a financial millstone.

And we are fortunate enough to have a manager who works closely with the Board and knows how much money City have to spend, and doesn't demand that the directors push the boat out.  The last player City signed that we weren't sure we could afford was Joe Mbu :thumsup2 , but that worked out rather well.  And before James McDonaugh, Gary Jardine was also closely involved with the finance side of things, and making sure that he wasn't signing players who would drag us into debt.

Both James and Gary can/could get rather testy when the suggestion goes up that City are dripping with cash.  We ain't.  Unlike Tam and Tenkay, I do have a clue about the club's finances, and I can honestly say I'd be surprised if we had a bigger income than Cowdenbeath or Berwick Rangers.

City have signed an ex Annan player, ex Berwick player and an ex Albion Rovers player and someone’s asking where all the moneys coming from? Eh???

How could you possibly come to that conclusion?

Good luck to City for the coming season.

47 minutes ago, scrooge1928 said:

The finance comes from the same as many other clubs at this level - gate money, licensing money, Scottish Cup participation, etc.  We don't have any sugar daddy.  We do have the big advantage of being based in Edinburgh, which is more attractive to many Central Belt players than having to travel three times a week to far-flung places for training and matches, so we can (sometimes) offer them a lot less money; and we don't own our own ground, which despite all the advantages that has, can also be a financial millstone.

And we are fortunate enough to have a manager who works closely with the Board and knows how much money City have to spend, and doesn't demand that the directors push the boat out.  The last player City signed that we weren't sure we could afford was Joe Mbu :thumsup2 , but that worked out rather well.  And before James McDonaugh, Gary Jardine was also closely involved with the finance side of things, and making sure that he wasn't signing players who would drag us into debt.

Both James and Gary can/could get rather testy when the suggestion goes up that City are dripping with cash.  We ain't.  Unlike Tam and Tenkay, I do have a clue about the club's finances, and I can honestly say I'd be surprised if we had a bigger income than Cowdenbeath or Berwick Rangers.

Many thanks for taking the time to write an honest reply. Agree that your income streams are likely to be on par with clubs like Berwick/Albion Rov/Cowdenbeath.

The reason I asked was, those clubs listed above couldn't compete with EC in terms of what they offered players this summer. Players now getting paid over 52 weeks and not 42 not helping any of us. You've signed 4 players which equates to 50% of our whole budget.

This wasn't a jealous post, I was just intrigued to see how this was being funded. Your directors/sponsors deserve huge praise for the big step forward you are taking, leaving other clubs well behind. 

Right now Peterhead/Stirling/Clyde/EC are top four for me.

Thanks again, looking forward to our trips up there again next season.