Edinburgh City

Guest Landan Spiv
On 13/06/2018 at 22:06, tamthebam said:

Is signing Taylor worth a streak across Ainslie Park?! 

Home to Albion first game. First 3 away fixtures arent what I wanted personally. 

In response to your question............... Maybe

8 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

What's the easiest way to get to the ground from train stations.

Where can we get a beer close to the ground

We just went to Grassmarket before our game last season, then got a taxi to the ground which was £6 between 4 of us. Not much near the ground pub wise so it’s a good option 

Guest Landan Spiv
52 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

The village hotel is a 5 minute walk away opposite Morrisons on ferry road but quite pricey. There's the spiers bar on ferry road which is a good boozer and that's a few minutes away on the bus. A 113 bus from the west end will drop you close to ainslie Park so that's the best if you want a drink in town. 

The village hotel is a 5 minute walk away opposite Morrisons on ferry road but quite pricey. There's the spiers bar on ferry road which is a good boozer and that's a few minutes away on the bus. A 113 bus from the west end will drop you close to ainslie Park so that's the best if you want a drink in town. 

We stumbled into the village hotel on our last visit, was full of rugby fans and was a rip off. We swiftly turned back.

4 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

As well as the 113 which I never knew about you can also get the 27 from Hanover Street which drops you across the road from Morrisons which is just a 5 minute walk from the ground. As Jake says the Village Hotel is meant to be pricey (maybe to keep the locals away:lol:) although i've never been in it. If your brave I suppose you can have a wonder down Pilton:lol: although I think I would stick to the city centre.

I you feel like walking its about 30 minutes or so cutting through Stockbrige where there's a few decent pubs.

Personally, I go to the Raeburn bar in Stockbridge or the Stockbridge Tap (Real Ales) then trundle across the park towards AP; it’s a leisurely 20 minute walk. The Village bar is like drinking in a Travelodge and some of the other local bars are, ahem, best avoided IMO.

Guest Landan Spiv
6 hours ago, EmbraJam said:

Personally, I go to the Raeburn bar in Stockbridge or the Stockbridge Tap (Real Ales) then trundle across the park towards AP; it’s a leisurely 20 minute walk. The Village bar is like drinking in a Travelodge and some of the other local bars are, ahem, best avoided IMO.

A couple of us were thinking of suggesting a pub we all meet up for next season then sharing taxis over to Ainslie Park. I'll throw the Stockbridge Tap into the 1st Supporters club pub debate 

6 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

A couple of us were thinking of suggesting a pub we all meet up for next season then sharing taxis over to Ainslie Park. I'll throw the Stockbridge Tap into the 1st Supporters club pub debate 

a decent pub with fine ales but last time I looked we have a Social Club... ok it gets a bit busy with Hibees when the Easter Road mob are at home and it's not exactly handy for Ainslie Park but if it wasn't for the Club continuing after 1955 we'd all be watching Spartans Civil Service Strollers instead!

Guest Landan Spiv
1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

a decent pub with fine ales but last time I looked we have a Social Club... ok it gets a bit busy with Hibees when the Easter Road mob are at home and it's not exactly handy for Ainslie Park but if it wasn't for the Club continuing after 1955 we'd all be watching Spartans Civil Service Strollers instead!

Would use it but we were made to feel very unwelcome in there one afternoon. They need to do a deal with season ticket holders where they get membership. This would encourage us more to go in there. A season ticket then about 30 quid a year to join the social club is a bit much. Also one of the staff in there told me to stop asking her questions about ECFC as the social club "aren't anything to do with the football club at all". Followed up by "our members have to pay to watch the football club so the fans of the football club have gotta to pay a membership to come here" attitude. And was quite rude about it as well. We'd love to start using the social club more regularly, they just need to realise its not the Loch Inn anymore or a Hibs club themselves. As soon as they found out we had a new supporters club and are holding the 1st fundraiser at another venue they were quick to come online and moan about it............ Why weren't they arsed about any of us coming in or not before that? 

There was a misunderstanding that day LS - there have been a few of us talking with the Social Club committee and we want to ensure that there is no further breakdown in communication.  Supporters are always welcome at the Social Club.  I'll get back to you privately and give you further details of the discussions.

14 hours ago, EmbraJam said:

The Stockbridge Tap is my local and it is most excellent, although if you're a Tennents drinker you will be disappointed.  You'd have to walk bloody briskly to reach Ainslie Park in 20 minutes - nearer half an hour, especially if you are my age and/or have a bellyful of ale.  Luckily buses 24 and 29, from the other side of the road, take about ten minutes to get to the Crewe Toll roundabout, and the ground is not far from there.

Clark's Bar in Dundas Street is also worth a visit.  The 27 bus can be boarded just outside and stops close to the ground, as mentioned above.

Guest Landan Spiv
29 minutes ago, scrooge1928 said:

There was a misunderstanding that day LS - there have been a few of us talking with the Social Club committee and we want to ensure that there is no further breakdown in communication.  Supporters are always welcome at the Social Club.  I'll get back to you privately and give you further details of the discussions.

That's excellent cheers. We want a good relationship with the Social Club always have done. We just never felt welcome that day and never went back. I'd use the social club personally on a match day as its on the 21 bus route to ainslie Park. I'm glad the social club committee have discussed this that's a big step forward 

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Conrad Balatoni signing.

That’s a class signing at league 2, surprised he isn’t back at Ayr tbh.

Looking at the players City are bringing in, it seems we're having a real go next season,  for at least the play-offs. 

All looks much better than the last two seasons.

Edited by Tenkay