Edinburgh City

Guess that’s your new badge then 
A650E933-277F-4E9D-AD7E-A4D776AB94B0.jpeg.39a90296906ef83bc3698122d28ff383.jpeg

I was a bit underwhelmed when I first saw it, probably because I liked the previous crest, didn’t see a reason to change it and it wasn’t drastically different; which made me think “What was the point?”.
However, comparing the two side by side I actually prefer this one and it’s really started to grow on me. Good Job [emoji106]

When you hear of a team changing their badge you immediately think its going to be a shambles as has happened with other teams in the UK, but this is quite smart, definitely nicer than the old one and the new kit is a belter too. Looks like a good season ahead for you lot.

9 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

I was a bit underwhelmed when I first saw it, probably because I liked the previous crest, didn’t see a reason to change it and it wasn’t drastically different; which made me think “What was the point?”.
However, comparing the two side by side I actually prefer this one and it’s really started to grow on me. Good Job emoji106.png

The badge and the kit looks good to me. Very professional.

Does anyone know what the (revised ?) intended timescale is for the Meadowbank redevelopment, and can someone post a drawing of the ground plan (or similar), as submitted for planning approval, please ? 

Stumbled across the new badge promotion video last night and when I seen it only had 28 views felt like I should give it a go haha. Great wee video with a lot of effort put into it, bit cheesy but par for the course with these things. The badge looks smashing, no sure about the yellow though. Think having that White could’ve looked better.

The new City badge is growing on me it hasn't really altered that much with the castle still being the main feature. I had feared a naff looking corporate looking thing but it still looks traditional, strips nice as well in the all white.

37 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Stumbled across the new badge promotion video last night and when I seen it only had 28 views felt like I should give it a go haha. Great wee video with a lot of effort put into it, bit cheesy but par for the course with these things. The badge looks smashing, no sure about the yellow though. Think having that White could’ve looked better.

The yellow is a bit of a nod to Meadowbank Thistle (although that will never be officially recognized), and it helps tie in the annual yellow away shirt. from a design perspective, it also makes for a stronger visual identity. Will still miss the old crest regardless....

3 minutes ago, EmbraJam said:

IMG_8784.jpg

I’m still undecided on the crest...but our egg-chasing neebors have fared a lot worse in their attempt to successfully rebrand...

That's the sort of thing I feared City may have ended up with.

image.thumb.png.dcf0308dbfa1a8d36226ae744664f830.png

Brilliant rebrand.

The guy that made this rebrand also made one for Hamilton Academical although the club has not officially changed it.

I do think my club should change as our current crest looks dated and could do with a more Modern design.

60f15044fc7adfe86e27f3ee_rw_1920.png?h=21e0d86aa5395e943a81b394c9650a3a

Edited by Im_Rodger

21000 views on Twitter!

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:54, Waspie said:

Came to belatedly ask this.

_101825516_artistimpression.jpg

BBC article actually specifically states SRU plan talks with Scotland Women and Edinburgh City over using it for football matches. If the council aren't going to properly rebuild Meadowbank, this could be a welcome alternative.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-44318725

Presumably the 'semi-permanent' main stand (left above) would be satisfactory for SPFL2 games.

Capacity of about 7,800 should be satisfactory for all their needs, even if they got a big cup draw. There are more concept drawings at this link:

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/files/FCDE9A5569CEB4D966EFC4E9C4D60F14/pdf/18_02489_FUL-15-PROPOSED_3D_VIEWS-3944294.pdf

and here are the full set of planning documents:

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=P9LICIEWFON00

Don't you know City are sitting on untold riches and will be building a mega hyper stadium (cunningly disguised as a student accommodation and hotel complex to fool the council planners) in Central Edinburgh...?! 

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

Good news - an investor is willing to plough millions into Edinburgh City

Bad news - it's Bill Hunter

I thought that these:

millions.png.29d78bcc630ad6e58ad131fc771a0a8d.png

were the only millions dear old Bill was likely to have his hands on. But it turns out I was wrong!

blobby.jpg.6e2d78529851bf01d922200362d67ba6.jpg

must have conned  persuaded another Hamilton Accies supporting lottery winner into investing in a club..

Personal preference would be a fit for purpose Meadowbank but that feels further away than ever just now. Lesser Murrayfield would be a tremendous result for the club if we can make it happen, better location than Ainslie Park and surely would expose the club to a far wider audience. Makes marketing a piece of piss as well, jazzy wee video of someone getting on the tram at Princes Street, maybe hopping off and grabbing a beer at Ryries and then on to Murrayfield. Easy as that.

Actually buzzing for the season ahead, the only thing that’s dampening my spirits slightly is the thought of watching games at Ainslie, don’t hate the place but it still feels like a leisure centre and the lack of boozers is still a hard one to take. So I’m grasping at any news suggesting our long term home is somewhere else.

Are you not allowed to stand right around the park at Ainslie? Not much standing room elsewhere when we visited for the Saturday game only being allowed behind one goal and one side of the pitch

You can stand behind one goal and on one side (stand side) about a quarter of the way up the pitch.

Can’t stand anywhere else because it’s grass bankings or something. I’ve nipped at the club a few times about allowing standing behind both goals but it looks like a no go.