Edinburgh City

24 minutes ago, Burnsythebinman said:

dont like seeing any club in a mess like this cause its the loyal fans that suffer. hope it gets worked out

The loyal fans... and the face painters.

I do hope City find a way to survive. With the obvious exceptions, any team going to the wall is not good for Scottish football. It could also be used as an excuse to restrict the pyramid.

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

It does seems like a long way back now for you guys it's not nice to see this happen to anyone hoping you get something sorted soon. Wish you the best for the future real shame for the fans when something like this happens.

This article was posted in the evening news today. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/edinburgh-city-chairman-john-dickson-were-not-going-anywhere-4445064

9 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

That's good news hopefully a good sign and he ends up being correct. Won't be a main priority at the minute with everything going on at Edinburgh but it would be some story if they some how managed to stay up this season.

49 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Won't be a main priority at the minute with everything going on at Edinburgh but it would be some story if they some how managed to stay up this season.

Survival of the club has to be their priority.

Staying in league 1 looks like it would need a miracle.

Losing half your first team when it was already one of the worst in the division really can't help.

Add in the fact that those leaving will probably end up strengthening others in the division and you've got an almost impossible task.

20 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Survival of the club has to be their priority.

Staying in league 1 looks like it would need a miracle.

Losing half your first team when it was already one of the worst in the division really can't help.

Add in the fact that those leaving will probably end up strengthening others in the division and you've got an almost impossible task.

Yep I agree survival is the main priority it would be a miracle to stay up but it would be some story if they managed it. Again let's just hope they survive that's the main thing

Edited by Ian Mcleod

9 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I do hope City find a way to survive. With the obvious exceptions, any team going to the wall is not good for Scottish football. It could also be used as an excuse to restrict the pyramid.

Some in the game would probably float that but it wouldn't cut much ice... City have been up for 8yr and over last 2 decades numerous 'established' SPFL clubs have had their own (occasionally multiple) crises/administrations/liquidations/etc.

5 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Is the Colin Campbell involved, the same one who ran a sports shop down Inverleith?

No. That Colin Campbell was most definitely a Spartan (boo! hiss!)

That particular Colin Campbell played for Edinburgh Uni, Hibs and Meadowbank Thistle.

17 minutes ago, Aidan said:

One of the Edinburgh City posters on here is still owe me an inflatable Me Blobby, happy for this to be auctioned off to help the cause.

He passed away a few years ago unfortunately but thanks for the offer!

On 12/12/2023 at 19:24, cowdenbeath said:

Even if they have been released now they won't be able to join an SPFL side until the window can however join clubs in the LL and below.

In the past there has been dispensation given to players who have had to leave a club due to not being paid or similar financial issues. Probably not this time when the window opens in little more than a fortnight though.

On 13/12/2023 at 16:31, AllyMonc said:

Got a bit emotional at Danny's goodbye there. A player I've loved watching over the years.

I think he'd have stayed if at all possible.

I'm no fussed that he's decided to leave us, but am shocked he's chosen to play in the highland League!

4 minutes ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

Sadly the bleak situation that has been painted is how I can see us turning out in a few years once the novelty wears off for certain individuals and being frank we've got a mediocre fan base that would struggle to support a part-time club never mind a full-time club!

Cove would obviously go part-time, if the worst happens to you. Probably back to the Highland League as well to save travel costs.

I take it you don't get many Aberdeen fans attending your games?

We've the same problem that not many (if any) Hibs fans are interested in us, despite being five minutes along the road and supposedly some "partnership" with them.

4 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I'm no fussed that he's decided to leave us, but am shocked he's chosen to play in the highland League!

End of day any player will leave for any club who will get close to their current wage with a club in a more stable position and Brechin are certainly capable of providing that 

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

End of day any player will leave for any club who will get close to their current wage with a club in a more stable position and Brechin are certainly capable of providing that 

SO it's all about the money then, as he can't be interested in the Highland league fixtures surely?

His debut is (maybe) at home to Huntly today, then travel away up to Brora next weekend.

Good Luck to him for the rest of the season, if that's what he wants to do.

10 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

SO it's all about the money then, as he can't be interested in the Highland league fixtures surely?

His debut is (maybe) at home to Huntly today, then travel away up to Brora next weekend.

Good Luck to him for the rest of the season, if that's what he wants to do.

‘If that what he wants to do’ You mean go to a club that will pay him? 

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

‘If that what he wants to do’ You mean go to a club that will pay him? 

No. I meant go and play in the Highland League.

I'm sure other League one or two clubs would've paid him as well to play in a better league.