Edinburgh City

i recently had the 'pleasure' of a trip to Meadowbank so i know it's a pretty awful venue for football but what specifically is it that results in it not getting a license? 

surely the club must have been told what they needed to change to become compliant?

i'm sure the silence from the club is incredibly frustrating. i can definitely empathise with that. 

9 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

i recently had the 'pleasure' of a trip to Meadowbank so i know it's a pretty awful venue for football but what specifically is it that results in it not getting a license? 

surely the club must have been told what they needed to change to become compliant?

i'm sure the silence from the club is incredibly frustrating. i can definitely empathise with that. 

We need an extra seat. It's not the stadium really that's the major issue. Our pitch is the highest regulated 4G by FIFA so its not that either.

We lack a proper youth pathway under our name. Currently we are using a 3rd party coaching company. We have no development side/Under 20s as we had to scrap that last season due to cutting costs. 

We don't have a club Doctor (we may have hired one silently in the last week but nobody knows)

We don't have a physio at the moment 

There's other bits as well that need ironed out 

The issue isn't ironing these issues out, it's affording to iron the issues out. And we've got no money. Will Edinburgh Leisure put an extra seat in Meadowbank as well? Who knows, they aren't exactly good landlords at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

We need an extra seat. It's not the stadium really that's the major issue. Our pitch is the highest regulated 4G by FIFA so its not that either.

We lack a proper youth pathway under our name. Currently we are using a 3rd party coaching company. We have no development side/Under 20s as we had to scrap that last season due to cutting costs. 

We don't have a club Doctor (we may have hired one silently in the last week but nobody knows)

We don't have a physio at the moment 

There's other bits as well that need ironed out 

The issue isn't ironing these issues out, it's affording to iron the issues out. And we've got no money. Will Edinburgh Leisure put an extra seat in Meadowbank as well? Who knows, they aren't exactly good landlords at the moment. 

Jah unscrewed one of the old Meadowbank seats for me, Edinburgh Leisure can have that one back for starters! 

The odd thing about Bronze Licencing is that the stadium can be utterly shite, it's all the other off field things that need sorted. 

In regard to Doctors, Andrew Waddell was a club doctor at Preston Athletic when they got an entry licence. It's been pointed out he's a pathologist which is shutting the stable door when the horse has bolted....

As we all know Meadowbank is not a great venue for watching football.  Little more than your average available for general hire leisure facility.  It would appear that most of the issues raised are not insurmountable, and hopefully some sensible arrangement can be agreed.  That said the silence emanating from your club isn't helping to quell speculation.

I hope you guys retain your league status.  You've suffered enough.

3 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

As much as I've enjoyed watching City in the league the last 8 years,  I just can't see a way forward for the club to continue to compete at this level. 

You need money to do anything, serious money if you're looking to progress and we, are, skint! Seemingly.

We will never build any support playing from Meadowbank, as nobody wants to go there to watch their football.

The "3rd team of Edinburgh" goalposts have moved with Bonnyrigg and Spartans now in the leagues and they hoover up fans from those parts of the City.

Honestly I can't see what we can do to "grow" the club. 😢

20 minutes ago, Katboy said:

As we all know Meadowbank is not a great venue for watching football.  Little more than your average available for general hire leisure facility.  It would appear that most of the issues raised are not insurmountable, and hopefully some sensible arrangement can be agreed.  That said the silence emanating from your club isn't helping to quell speculation.

I hope you guys retain your league status.  You've suffered enough.

Appreciate the kind words 

20 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

As much as I've enjoyed watching City in the league the last 8 years,  I just can't see a way forward for the club to continue to compete at this level. 

You need money to do anything, serious money if you're looking to progress and we, are, skint! Seemingly.

We will never build any support playing from Meadowbank, as nobody wants to go there to watch their football.

The "3rd team of Edinburgh" goalposts have moved with Bonnyrigg and Spartans now in the leagues and they hoover up fans from those parts of the City.

Honestly I can't see what we can do to "grow" the club. 😢

Been trying to grow club for years. The last regime made a hash of it on consistent basis and didn't target the right demographic, they just wanted to court corporates. You can have all the corporates you want, but if there's no soul and no solid fanbase then it's an empty shell, and that's what we were especially as "FC Edinburgh". 

I put things forward to the previous board who to target to build more of a fanbase and was ignored. The only way the club fan wise grew was due to some small success and the supporters club that formed in 2018 and now we have a solid but small core. 

I agree fully with your post Tenkay. We need to build, fast, I've gotna cracking idea for next season which will cost next to nothing, whether people on the board will listen to me and go for it is another thing. All I'll say is it includes printing a load of leaflets in Chinese and delivering them directly opposite Meadowbank........

9 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

East Kilbride 

Easily 

Other clubs don't have time for us or our so called ground.

Other clubs aren't panicking because they are a stick on to obtain Bronze in time if they haven't done already. We haven't, that's why people are worried. It wasn't the fact we are a cheap target, what was printed was the truth. None of it was fabricated to scaremonger 

The grounds no much better than a public park

7 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Good news for your financial situation.

3 Hibs season ticket holders about to sign up for Edinburgh City season tickets this season once we get our refunds through.

Not sure if there’ll be any more that follow.

Out of the fire and into the frying pan by the sounds of things.

4 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

3 Hibs season ticket holders about to sign up for Edinburgh City season tickets this season once we get our refunds through.

I'm sorry it's come to this for you mate, awful situation for Hibs fans to be in. 

You'll of course be very welcome at City and for all the stresses of following a financially Imperilled lower league club it is at least a good laugh.

Hopefully the club can be a wee home away from home for those who can't stomach the Mackay stuff.

6 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Aye you’ll probably not get the days out to Hampden or sell out games against ‘big teams’ but theres nothing better than supporting a club where you as a punter actually matter to the club. 

6 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

You'll be made most welcome 

We've got the meeting today. Had a message last night with some positivity so fingers crossed 

On 13/05/2024 at 14:12, tamthebam said:

2nd bottom... 

Hopefully we'll compete but after this season my expectations have been reduced. The manager seems up for it though. I quite fancy your mob to do well depending on summer transfers.

I’d imaging got to look at Peterhead a couple seasons ago. No players on the books apart from a few boys on trial. They have been able to turn it around so never know  

14 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Careful, you might end up on the board! 

on another topic fans of Annan's Aiden Smith (of which there are legions) may like to note that he was League 1's most booked player last season. Obviously a misjudged soul and a victim of refereeing conspiracies. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

on another topic fans of Annan's Aiden Smith (of which there are legions) may like to note that he was League 1's most booked player last season. Obviously a misjudged soul and a victim of refereeing conspiracies. 

deserved them all for the mullet alone even before we get into anything else.