Edinburgh City

I see City entered into an agreement with the Fanbase App.

I got it myself and it's clear a fair few lower league sides have signed up to use it as a news source. I'll be intrigued to see how the ticket sales element works when the season starts (if we are actually allowed in!).

5 hours ago, Pete83 said:

I see City entered into an agreement with the Fanbase App.

I got it myself and it's clear a fair few lower league sides have signed up to use it as a news source. I'll be intrigued to see how the ticket sales element works when the season starts (if we are actually allowed in!).

Think most clubs will go down this route, saves collecting data for covid rules at the game.

I got a ticket for tomorrow’s Crossgates v Arbroath game from them you get an e ticket with a QR code on it which someone will scan at the gate.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Think most clubs will go down this route, saves collecting data for covid rules at the game.

I got a ticket for tomorrow’s Crossgates v Arbroath game from them you get an e ticket with a QR code on it which someone will scan at the gate.

Far too complicated for me Cowdenbeath. Back to the ladder then...:lol:

15 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

Heads up for anyone looking to go to Bonnyrigg game next Tuesday. Tickets only available from New Douglas Park Wednesday and Friday Evening. No pay at the gate.

https://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/news/pre-season-ticket-sales-2624052.html

Hamilton Accies pulling a scam to get their money back are they? 

New Dundas Park on the other hand... 

Edinburgh City- the biggest draw in town! 

51 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Gala Fairydean 3 Edinburgh City 1.

Could be a looooong season ahead. A couple of familiar L2 players appeared as trialists for City today but I won't name them.

On that showing, we have definitely regressed at an alarming rate.

I know it's early doors, but the first 2 goals were absolute howlers defensively. 

7 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

On that showing, we have definitely regressed at an alarming rate.

It was only the first friendly of the season,  but no surprise we got beat looking at that starting team sheet.

That's what happens when empty out all your best players.

4 hours ago, Tenkay said:

It was only the first friendly of the season,  but no surprise we got beat looking at that starting team sheet.

That's what happens when empty out all your best players.

Does seem strange that the manager got rid of so many players.

Think after coming close the last couple of seasons the feeling was maybe it was time for a freshen up. This is all well and good but you need to find players of equal or better quality to replace them. Early days yet and I think your Manager knows what he is doing.

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Gala Fairydean 3 Edinburgh City 1.

Could be a looooong season ahead. A couple of familiar L2 players appeared as trialists for City today but I won't name them.

Man of the match was the Gala gateman who got £8 out of you.

Bit surprised too about the players who've left City. Given they were the second best team last season, I expected a little bit of tweaking to enhance the squad.

Do any City fans know if the players were released by the club, or did they refuse the offer of new contracts (or a bit of both)? 

2 hours ago, gmca said:

Bit surprised too about the players who've left City. Given they were the second best team last season, I expected a little bit of tweaking to enhance the squad.

Do any City fans know if the players were released by the club, or did they refuse the offer of new contracts (or a bit of both)? 

The new manager decided to release Antell, Thomson, Black, Lairdy and Blair Henderson.  He must have saw something our support can't see and thought they weren't good enough!!!

Balatoni transferred to play for the Clyde clowns.

Liam Broon rightly got himself a move up to league one with QP.

Liam Henderson incredibly, mananged to get himself a move up to the championship with Arbroath.

This leaves us very light on numbers and quality so don't expect to see us make the play offs next season!

56 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

The new manager decided to release Antell, Thomson, Black, Lairdy and Blair Henderson.  He must have saw something our support can't see and thought they weren't good enough!!!

where did they go? Apart from Thomson to Cowden?

7 minutes ago, big al said:

where did they go? Apart from Thomson to Cowden?

Calum Antell to Arbroath, Craig Thomson to Cowdenbeath, Andy Black to Kelty Hearts, Conrad Balatoni to Snyde, Mark Laird to Stirling Albion. Bair Henderson incredibly dropped doon to Spartans!