Edinburgh City

20 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

That'll be fine with the app I reckon. The Village hotel? Must be all that cash you've saved over lockdown burning a hole in your pocket!

There's not many other options around Ainslie Park. I could make an afternoon of it and go for a pint in my rubber dingy around Stockbridge, or, I could just buy a crate and get blootered in the Morrison's car park! 🤪.

19 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

Hopefully the new kit should be out shortly for us to spend money on the club shop.

I work nightshifts starting at 22.30 Monday to Friday. Ainslie is really tight to make it on time, but should be easier once back at Meadowbank. Having to give this Friday a miss due to a prior engagement unfortunately.

I seen something posted at the back end of last season which implied the new kit was all white with horizontal grey pinstripes and an away kit that looked Man City like blue. Loved the home top and will pick it up (if it is indeed the photo that was doing the rounds).

Shame you cannot make Friday mate, I assume you will be in the same spot for the Falkirk game too?

16 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I suspect the away kit will be yellow and black...

Most definitely a safe bet, Tam!

I'm purely going by a post I seen on Twitter before. Wish I knew where I seen it. Some of the concept kits are great as well....

In relation to my earlier post, this was were I seen the 'kits' - not sure whether they are going to be used by the first team next season mind and on reflection, the blue could be a keepers top.

Edited by Pete83

2 hours ago, SoloXI said:

Looking at tickets for the Accies game ... what is the "be prepared for a bag search at the entrance" all about. What are they searching for? Is it sandwiches, booze, weapons ???

Covid-19.

49 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Covid-19.

lol .. bizarrely the statement reads "be prepared for a temperature check and a bag search"

100% contradictory .. touching all over someone elses belongings is the total opposite of COVID safety advice

But, yeah, no sandwiches over rides everything.

Edited by SoloXI

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Things that you aren't allowed in to the ground - specifically flares, bottles and alcohol I'd guess.

Ah, OK. Bigger risk from flares and bottles at this game  than spreading covid with the same person routing through  everyones bags. Makes sense .. i guess.

Edited by SoloXI

2 minutes ago, SoloXI said:

Ah, OK. Bigger risk from flares and bottles at this game  than spreading covid with the same person routing through  everyones bags. Makes sense .. i guess.

You haven't thought that maybe, just maybe, the steward might have a wee bottle of hand sanitiser on their person which will be utilised before any bag search.

I think I'll smuggle in some unexploded cheese and pickle pieces on Friday. That's the type of rebel I am.

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You haven't thought that maybe, just maybe, the steward might have a wee bottle of hand sanitiser on their person which will be utilised before any bag search.

I think I'll smuggle in some unexploded cheese and pickle pieces on Friday. That's the type of rebel I am.

Lol .. the instructions emphasise how serious it is for spectators to remain in their bubble .. but, yes, the danger of flares and stuff is the bigger danger.

Not having a pop btw .. just i fancied popping along but it seems its more work than buying and boarding and easyjet flight. Plus the danger of flares and bottles flying around.

Hope its a good game for you all.

10 hours ago, SoloXI said:

Lol .. the instructions emphasise how serious it is for spectators to remain in their bubble .. but, yes, the danger of flares and stuff is the bigger danger.

Not having a pop btw .. just i fancied popping along but it seems its more work than buying and boarding and easyjet flight. Plus the danger of flares and bottles flying around.

Hope its a good game for you all.

I hope it's a good game too, I've got my ticket but I*'m not sure my pyro is going to arrive in time for me to hide it in my handbag... 😆

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Hearts B in the Challenge Cup. Meh. Will flog a few programmes to Hearts collectors if nothing else.

Winners play Accies away. Meh.

Bring on the Jambos in a Derby game.  

Can't wait for this.

We ARE the wee team and proud.