Edinburgh City

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

I've always thought Boroughmuir/Meggetland would be a stretch usage wise for that reason, but I'm not up on the egg chasing fixtures, do they play on Saturdays?

Aye Saturday's Tynie had to play their Scottish Cup tie on a Friday due to a clash.

With tonight’s news about Caley Thistle in mind, I hope they can pull through. As we City fans know all too well, the prospect of losing your club doesn’t bear thinking about.

They’re going to incur a 15 point deduction for entering administration, so relegation to League 2 is likely for them.

Provided we stay up and ICT go down, I’d love to finally tick their ground off next season 😅

52 minutes ago, ARF1928 said:

relegation to League 2 is likely for them.

Provided we stay up and ICT go down, I’d love to finally tick their ground off next season 😅

"Provided we stay up"

What aboot if we go back up?

Hope Inverness find a solution to their problems 🙏 

We know it all too well, so good luck to them.

1 hour ago, ARF1928 said:

With tonight’s news about Caley Thistle in mind, I hope they can pull through. As we City fans know all too well, the prospect of losing your club doesn’t bear thinking about.

They’re going to incur a 15 point deduction for entering administration, so relegation to League 2 is likely for them.

As well as the points deduction it can cause problems regards being bronze licensed.

29 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

So no seats?

That's no use then, if you need 500 seats to get the bronze license 

You don't, it's 100 covered seats out of the 500 cover total. One of the easier bits of ground upgrades by adding a shed or two. But St Mark's Park isn't suitable.

1 hour ago, ARF1928 said:

Personally I feel that the 15 point deduction is too lenient. It should be a figure that absolutely guarantees a relegation of one level, it shouldn’t give them an outside chance of staying up.  Sorry, if you’re spending beyond your means and giving your team an unfair advantage, screwing local business left right and centre, down you should go.

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Boroughmuir would be worst for usage as Tynecastle play there. Herriots has an open side leading onto playing fields so probably not suitable.

Heriot's wouldn't be suitable as they don't have lights on their main pitch.

Back in the day there was talk of using Watsonians' Myreside, which does have lights as Edinburgh Rugby played there for a while. 

myresdie.jpg.5c3d449293691253192d7d4e81a654aa.jpg

There's a bit of standing terrace on the other side too. I don't think George Watson's College need the money though.