France vs Scotland

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opinions eh

Think the only things Strachan really got wrong in qualifying was the Ireland away game. Leaving Anya on the bench and playing Forsyth.

Options eh

I thought Mackay did well with small amount of time he had. He offers an ability to find space and get opponents on back foot.

I also think Stephen Kingsley is actually a better and more solid left back than Andrew Robertson.

You're clearly an absolute moron though, so you probably shouldn't be making your opinion known

The Scottish Government should implement that for every x amount of houses built by companies must have x amount of sporting facilities. Too many homes being built without these amenities. Appoint ex pro's/fitness coaches/sports psychologists etc and change the psyche from the youngest age possible.

We need to change drastically. Changing the national team manager isn't going to achieve this.  

Put your dummy back in and sleep will come soon.

Sure hope so, as you'll likely be banned (again) by the time I wake up

Our strength is in the midfield but we just played two teams that forced us to defend for 90 minutes meaning our midfield weren't able to express themselves in any real way. The Slovenia/Slovakia/Lithuania games are going to decide whether we qualify or not for the world cup so it'd be useful to try and play teams of this calibre to develop a plan/style for the team to get a result. Whoever chose these opponents is to blame as it's been a waste of time for all involved.

Our strength is in the midfield but we just played two teams that forced us to defend for 90 minutes meaning our midfield weren't able to express themselves in any real way. The Slovenia/Slovakia/Lithuania games are going to decide whether we qualify or not for the world cup so it'd be useful to try and play teams of this calibre to develop a plan/style for the team to get a result. Whoever chose these opponents is to blame as it's been a waste of time for all involved.

Rational and fair.

Tho the sad fact is even if we get past the Slovakia's etc, a France or the like will be the next wall we hit

Rational and fair.

Tho the sad fact is even if we get past the Slovakia's etc, a France or the like will be the next wall we hit

True, but I've always seen playing the top seeds etc as a bit of a punt, granted Germany gave points to our rivals and not us last time out but usually you expect them to beat most teams. It was the Georgia game that did the damage.

If we're relying on taking points from England to get to the playoffs then we're in trouble as we played them home and away without pulling up many trees.

Scotland's demise goes much further than anything Strachan can control. SFA are clearly incompetent fcukwitz, and not fit for purpose.

So called diddies are now giving us a game of it.

I didn't expect much from last two games, tbh.

I'm an avid Scotland fan who is having a hard time now getting even interested. Too many glorious failures and abject displays to take frankly.

Scotland's demise goes much further than anything Strachan can control. SFA are clearly incompetent fcukwitz, and not fit for purpose.

So called diddies are now giving us a game of it.

I didn't expect much from last two games, tbh.

I'm an avid Scotland fan who is having a hard time now getting even interested. Too many glorious failures and abject displays to take frankly.

This, the SFA seem only interested in maintaining the status quo and reaping the money.

It was optimised in the new contract for Strachan. When change was sorely needed, when we needed a reshape on how we play football from bottom to top (Germany did this after failing to qualify a few years back) we give him a new contract into the next campaign, signalling that the SFA are more than happy to accept mediocrity at the paying fans expense

Same boys that will call Old Firm fans glory hunters now not supporting Scotland because they are shite without a hint of irony.

Harsh but fair.

This is the first time I've not got an ssc membership for a while but it's entirely down to the cost and the game times (only one of which the sfa controls). I'll still go to a couple of qualifiers.

I definitely wouldn't say I cared less. Friendlies have always been a bit pish but I'm still really bitter about those wee b*****ds being there and not us (a completely irrational jealousy-fuelled hatred of Wales and norn Ireland but hey...that's football).

I don't think all is lost. New campaigns can change things pretty quickly and I'll be hoping that strachan and the boys can turn things around and prove people wrong.

Appointing Craig Levein as Scotland manager when Lars Lagerback had applied will go down as the worst decision in the history of the Scottish national team.

100% this.

I don't think this nation will ever learn. Just one wee example. In the local paper there was a feature on a local kids team tournament and the kids being taken out for a team lunch afterwards. Platefuls of chips and fast food crap in all three photos. Getting kids hooked on this shite early isn't helping our sporting performance.

100% this.

I don't think this nation will ever learn. Just one wee example. In the local paper there was a feature on a local kids team tournament and the kids being taken out for a team lunch afterwards. Platefuls of chips and fast food crap in all three photos. Getting kids hooked on this shite early isn't helping our sporting performance.

This is my favourite argument, as if kids in Norway and Wales are all sitting there on strict diet regimes and jogging forty miles every morning. Its a load of old bollocks, as you'll find most kids involved at youth level don't sit eating fish suppers except on the very odd occasion. 

Archived