Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 hours ago, CityDave said:

They would need to put in a serious challenge for 2nd first before even thinking about challenging Celtic. Not sure why you think Celtic fans will be spewing about it when they are after the 10 in a row. Your post just reads like you are spewing about it.

The Celtic fans probably wouldn't be the ones spewing if the other mob were to mount a challenge rather than actually win the title, but there would be plenty of fans of other clubs who would. Just have a read at any Rangers match thread on here from last season where they have won a match they weren't expected to as proof of that, with the game at Firhill where they scored two late goals to win 2-1 being the classic example. The amount of dummies being royally spat out on here after that was hilarious. "Look at they b*****ds celebrating too much" :lol:

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

The Celtic fans probably wouldn't be the ones spewing if the other mob were to mount a challenge rather than actually win the title, but there would be plenty of fans of other clubs who would. Just have a read at any Rangers match thread on here from last season where they have won a match they weren't expected to as proof of that, with the game at Firhill where they scored two late goals to win 2-1 being the classic example. The amount of dummies being royally spat out on here after that was hilarious. "Look at they b*****ds celebrating too much" :lol:

What kind of timescale do you think would be enough before Rangers would be in a position to challenge Celtic for the title?

Celtic would probably have to have a change of manager before that could happen as well, can't see it happening with Brendan Rodgers as Celtic manager.

7 minutes ago, MikeyWellFan said:

Thankfully my preferred meltdown is far more likely to happen.

It definitely is far more likely to happen, that's why it would be all the more hilarious if it didn't.

I've never understood this notion that somehow a duopoly is so much more interesting than a monopoly.

I for one have enjoyed the past 5 years so much more than probably the previous 20.

The other good thing that happened when OldRangers FC died, was that Whore FCs crowds declined. So many of their fvkwit fans are only interested in the bigotfest.  

The good thing about this BrandRangersNewco FC is that they look like and smell like DeadRangers FC, but don't have the same financial doping capacity.  As such it's easier to knvt them over.

I'd love this version to go tits up, so that I could look forward to more years of hilarity and enjoyment.

Yours

aDONis

1 hour ago, CityDave said:

What kind of timescale do you think would be enough before Rangers would be in a position to challenge Celtic for the title?

Celtic would probably have to have a change of manager before that could happen as well, can't see it happening with Brendan Rodgers as Celtic manager.

Fair point and as he didn't appear to be inundated with offers after Liverpool he will likely be with Celtic for a while.

7 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

I've never understood this notion that somehow a duopoly is so much more interesting than a monopoly.

I for one have enjoyed the past 5 years so much more than probably the previous 20.

Other than a fan of the team with a monopoly, I can't think of any football supporter, anywhere on the planet that believes one club winning everything is better than two clubs fighting it out. I suppose it depends on your own peculiar brand of hatred though.

Of course you've enjoyed the last 5 years more, you've enjoyed being Celtic's bitches and lapping up second places. Still only won one league cup mind. ;) In the previous 20 years you achieved hee-haw. So not exactly rocket science there.

Mind you, with all your second place trophies, you only sold out your stadium twice last season......to the same visiting team :whistle

10 hours ago, Solitaire said:

Other than a fan of the team with a monopoly, I can't think of any football supporter, anywhere on the planet that believes one club winning everything is better than two clubs fighting it out. I suppose it depends on your own peculiar brand of hatred though.

Of course you've enjoyed the last 5 years more, you've enjoyed being Celtic's bitches and lapping up second places. Still only won one league cup mind. ;) In the previous 20 years you achieved hee-haw. So not exactly rocket science there.

Mind you, with all your second place trophies, you only sold out your stadium twice last season......to the same visiting team :whistle

God, what a desperate post.

Why would anyone want a game in which only two teams could possibly win things?  You then treat us to pitiful crowd wanking.

You clearly need to support a big club with huge advantages.  Imagine an adult admitting that though.

Of course you've enjoyed the last 5 years more, you've enjoyed being Celtic's bitches and lapping up second places. Still only won one league cup mind. [emoji6] In the previous 20 years you achieved hee-haw. So not exactly rocket science there.

IMG_1497783056.738204.jpg

Of course you've enjoyed the last 5 years more, you've enjoyed being Celtic's bitches and lapping up second places. Still only won one league cup mind. [emoji6] In the previous 20 years you achieved hee-haw. So not exactly rocket science there.

Get it right up you.

9032108ec5bd270aecb902f12dd767cf.jpg

11 hours ago, Solitaire said:

IMG_4841.PNG

Most fans don't give a f**k if it's one team or two teams dominating, most fans only care about their own club.

Imagine being proud of the fact you weren't celtics bitches because you spent 4 years floundering around in the lower leagues being Alloa's, hearts and then hibs bitches.

Then getting promoted and finishing 9 points behind us so we can reclaim the crown of celtics bitches. Thank god they absolutely pumped you in the semi final not the final of both cups, otherwise you might be considered their bitches.

15 hours ago, Solitaire said:

Criticism of a club that bettered your club in every competition last season. :rolleyes: I can't see Rangers doing any better than Aberdeen in the league for a long long time, you're going to have to get used to it.

Maybe Rangers will win one of the cups over the next few years and you will come to understand the joy it feels to actually win a national trophy again as the fans of these clubs have done, Hibernian, Inverness CT, St. Johnstone, Hearts and Dundee Utd who have all won the Scottish Cup since a Rangers team last won it and then there's Ross County, Aberdeen, St. Mirren and Kilmarnock who have won the League Cup since the last time Rangers won that trophy as well. That's a long time for Rangers fans for their club to go without a national trophy and I would say Aberdeen's League Cup win trumps Rangers Challenge Cup victory very easily.

Also remember how many attempts it took for this Rangers team to win the lower league trophy which for a club of the size of Sevco and with the largest support by far in the lower leagues is a bit well let's say embarrassing. So this belittling of Aberdeen recent achievements is hilarious considering what this Rangers team has achieved since David Murray sold up.

Its quite funny to say to a Rangers fan but come back when your team has actually won something of note and your criticism of other clubs in the top division will be taken more seriously.

Edited by CityDave