Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Now we've sorted that little skirmish and now that we all agree that Mr Robertson's interview yesterday was entirely innocuous shall we look at tomorrow's Scottish Cup tie with Killy?

My take is that Davis, Lafferty and Defoe should never play for us again.

I'd go with a front 3 of Candeias, Middleton and Kent.

Now we've sorted that little skirmish and now that we all agree that Mr Robertson's interview yesterday was entirely innocuous shall we look at tomorrow's Scottish Cup tie with Killy?
In all seriousness, would you really never have them play again?
Lafferty is a dirty, awkward bassa but is a very good striker.
Defoe will score goals when you're coasting so should be utilising him before the split.
Davis, can't comment as haven't seen him play much since he arrived

33 minutes ago, scoobles said:

In all seriousness, would you really never have them play again?
Lafferty is a dirty, awkward bassa but is a very good striker.
Defoe will score goals when you're coasting so should be utilising him before the split.
Davis, can't comment as haven't seen him play much since he arrived

You're bringing out my prejudice here, M90.  I've said this before but, as always, am happy to repeat myself:

Lafferty is a fucking liability on and off the park.  The only reason he looked good first time at Ibrox and recently at Hearts was because of Naismith*.  He also has the uncanny ability to get smaller when he goes to head a ball.
Defoe 'runs some good lines' but hasn't that 'yard of pace' to make it count.
Davis?  See above.  He needs too much time on the ball.

Love it or loathe it, the Premiership in Scotland needs a player with fast and instinctive reactions to really shine.  This is why we all love Alfie and why he is the most refreshing footballer in the Premiership.  This is also why I described Lafferty, Davis and Defoe as superannuated has-beens on our recent St J's match thread.

*We monumentally fucked up there by signing Lafferty.  Not sure it if it was hubris or ignorance but Naismith would have made a massive difference to our mid field.

Edited by The_Kincardine

You're bringing out my prejudice here, M90.  I've said this before but, as always, am happy to repeat myself:
Lafferty is a fucking liability on and off the park.  The only reason he looked good first time at Ibrox and recently at Hearts was because of Naismith*.  He also has the uncanny ability to get smaller when he goes to head a ball.
Defoe 'runs some good lines' but hasn't that 'yard of pace' to make it count.
Davis?  See above.  He needs too much time on the ball.
Love it or loathe it, the Premiership in Scotland needs a player with fast and instinctive reactions to really shine.  This is why we all love Alfie and why he is the most refreshing footballer in the Premiership.  This is also why I described Lafferty, Davis and Defoe as superannuated has-beens on our recent St J's match thread.
*We monumentally fucked up there by signing Lafferty.  Not sure it if it was hubris or ignorance but Naismith would have made a massive difference to our mid field.
Fair play.
Naismith would probably have improved your mob and significantly weakened Hearts.
That's a helluva lot of money to waste when there were other options.

Back to diddydom I hop

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dear God...please deliver unto us a better class of diddy.

What makes a diddy? Since your team went tits up , Caley have won a Scottish cup,  challenge cup,  lost league cup on penalties and finished third. 

The **** have, what?  Wow!!! A total irrelevance of a diddy cup that it took them 5 yrs and millions of pounds to win!

That's the real marker of a diddy club you alcohol soaked mess.

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

It is indeed.  As I've said before, it's noticeable just how often these petulant diddy outbursts coincide with the full moon.

And here we go again:

31 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

What makes a diddy? Since your team went tits up , Caley have won a Scottish cup,  challenge cup,  lost league cup on penalties and finished third. 

The **** have, what?  Wow!!! A total irrelevance of a diddy cup that it took them 5 yrs and millions of pounds to win!

That's the real marker of a diddy club you alcohol soaked mess.

See you in about 29 days times, diddy bhoy.

Not that surprised on Defoe, despite his goal he looked a bit off the pace at pittodrie and other times I’ve seen him. Of course, if you give him a chance like at pittodrie he’ll take it 99 times out of 100.

Lafferty has never been a very good footballer and always felt like a panic/relatively cheap signing as backup for you. Think hearts fans would tell you that he could be utter shite on his day.

Haven’t seen Davis play probably since his first time round at rangers so no comment.

Will be watching with interest tonight. Big opportunity for whoever is last man standing of dons, killie or rangers.

2 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

What makes a diddy? 

It's a fair point, even the Rangers fans who claim ita the same club are having to acknowledge the fact it's now a full decade since they won the Scottish Cup, if they fail to win the league in the next two seasons they'll have to admit it's been a full decade since they won any trophy of note. 

Can they still claim to be a successful Scottish club based on crowd size alone? As the trophies aren't there to back it up.