Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

17 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

It's the same reason that the H word is associated with religion, it's the need of whataboutery, two arse cheeks within Scottish football, Scottish football cowardice in dealing with the real issues is very similar as to how Scottish society deal with  discrimination, make it two sided

The H word is associated with religion due to the context used in N Ireland which has spread over here.

No such thing as whataboutery, which is basically used when one side wishes to attack the other and receive no criticism back. Rather than face up to their own problems.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It does all feel kind of hopeless.

Until Rangers as a club, directly tries to disenfranchise people like that, the problem will continue.

I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Tho they do have a point about no appetite for discussion, as this thread shows it's all about attacking Sevco. 

It will take more than Sevco to tackle the problems, it's a lot more complicated than that.

13 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

The majority of "sectarian offences" are reported outside football, however imo it would be misleading of me to use that to deny your point.

Where do you think sectaranism came from? Football?

General society has dealt with anti Catholic  behaviour better, in my opinion and experience mainly due to outside influences rather than a great moral crusade inside our society 

The issue is that football provides this vehicle. 

Without it, I genuinely think it would barely exist as an issue. 

Employment practices have changed to I think pretty much eradicate it as a genuine issue in that sphere, despite the destructive garbage about 'back of the bus' from John Reid or moronic Phil.

That we still have an arena in which thousands of people can issue sectarian abuse to someone within feet of police officers however, is shameful.  It's very hard to frame an argument otherwise.

1 hour ago, LordHawHaw said:

Lots of times Scottish football had the opportunity to say no to anti Catholic discrimination in our game, we are currently where we are by the route we took to get here, it would be unthinkable nowadays for instance for Partick thistle v Rangers in a fund raiser for the orange lodge, the orange lodge is simply a anti Catholic organisation. Motherwell fans gathering before a cup game within the last 10 years for a pre game sash anti Catholic knees up. However the orange lodge is most identified with Rangers, the annual orange church parade was held at ibrox , ibrox still holds orange presentation gifts. Orangism was easily identified as anti Celtic as that what it was

Football would have been in a better position if it had dealt with Rangers  anti Catholic practices, the whataboutery used by Scottish football is an obscene slur on those victimised by Scottish football

Let's not pretend Celtic don't do the exact same.

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Tho they do have a point about no appetite for discussion, as this thread shows it's all about attacking Sevco. 

It will take more than Sevco to tackle the problems, it's a lot more complicated than that.

It's a bit more complicated, but to pretend that Rangers isn't a hugely central part of this issue is wilfully unhelpful in bringing about any change.

19 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

No attempt to answer the point about Kris Boyd within that statement though as usual! emoji849.pngWhataboutery?....aye aye, but seems that Clarke doesn’t have a problem when its dished out at Parkhead? Absolute stick on for C*ltic job once Brenda’s had enough btw, he’s got the right approach down to a tee now.

Brutal post. Embarrassed for you. 

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

The H word is associated with religion due to the context used in N Ireland which has spread over here.

No such thing as whataboutery, which is basically used when one side wishes to attack the other and receive no criticism back. Rather than face up to their own problems.

Best just let it continue until someone else takes the lead then aye? That statement is utterly pathetic aswell. There is no defense for any of this. What others are doing or not doing is completely and totally irrelevant and is an attemp to introduce confusion where none is required. Rangers have a problem with Rangers supporters behaving in a manner which is inappropriate. That is for Rangers and no one else to deal with. Anything else is deflection and bluster. 

Get you own fucking house in order first. The fact that Club 1872 put all of that other shit in their statement is evidence of what I consider to be a fact, that these poeple think they have a right to abuse certain people over certain issues at football games and feel that it is their place to defend that right. Mental behavior.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Brutal post. Embarrassed for you. 

Best just let it continue until someone else takes the lead then aye? That statement is utterly pathetic aswell. There is no defense for any of this. What others are doing or not doing is completely and totally irrelevant and is an attemp to introduce confusion where none is required. Rangers have a problem with Rangers supporters behaving in a manner which is inappropriate. That is for Rangers and no one else to deal with. Anything else is deflection and bluster. 

Get you own fucking house in order first. The fact that Club 1872 put all of that other shit in their statement is evidence of what I consider to be a fact, that these poeple think they have a right to abuse certain people over certain issues at football games and feel that it is their place to defend that right. Mental behavior.

A pointless angry rant intended to get likes on a forum, typical Bairnardo.

One football club cannot tackle social problems  which has plagued the country for decades, tho you obviously know this well enough.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

A pointless angry rant intended to get likes on a forum, typical Bairnardo.

One football club cannot tackle social problems  which has plagued the country for decades, tho you obviously know this well enough.

Yeah, everything you disagree with is just someone fishing for likes eh... What a pathetic line. Tell me whats incorrect with what I said instead of trotting out your usual, tired deflection. 

Are you effectively saying Rangers can't beat the issues within their own support so they shouldnt try? Are you saying society is at fault for what happens within Ibrox and so Rangers are powerless to sanction fans for doing so?

Heres a wee helping hand, you are talking shite, because other clubs do it frequently. 

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's a bit more complicated, but to pretend that Rangers isn't a hugely central part of this issue is wilfully unhelpful in bringing about any change.

Concentrating solely on Rangers is also unhelpful, change will require a lot of people to be honest about their attitudes.

Tbh the club 1872 statement could have been written by uncle Jim and most of the rhetoric takes away from any valid points they had.

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

*** is not sectarian bennett. If it were, then every fanbase outwith Rangers in Scotland is guilty.

The word *** has never been associated with Scottish protestants - it's a derogatory term for Rangers fans and their barbaric behaviour - who by the way used to use it as a term for Celtic fans back in the 70s. So how does that work? You only claim that it's sectarian out of desperation to play the victim.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Concentrating solely on Rangers is also unhelpful, change will require a lot of people to be honest about their attitudes.

Tbh the club 1872 statement could have been written by uncle Jim and most of the rhetoric takes away from any valid points they had.

What are you looking for then Bennett?

Do we really need to pretend that this blight runs through all our clubs?

Two statements in one day. Rah peepul are rattled:

Statement: Bridgeton Loyal Rangers Supporters Club

In light of Aberdeen' decision to only allocate 10% of the tickets to Rangers Supporters for the forthcoming cup tie, and with Rangers seemingly accepting the situation without a fight. We have come to the conclusion that for RSCs concerns about how we are treated, to be recognised and acknowledged it is now time for direct action.

We are calling on fellow RSCs to run buses to Aberdeen regardless of ticket allocation. We will inform both Rangers, Aberdeen and the Police that we expect over 4000 supporters to attend the match. Both the clubs and police will suddenly take notice of the thought of 2000 bears running around Aberdeen without tickets.

Make no mistake Aberdeen are manipulating the safety certificate clause to keep us out, the. SFA are ignoring their own rules and won't change the venue and Rangers won't do anything. So it's down to us, direct action is the only way we will get them to acknowledge us.

If we get the numbers to attend I'm sure they would think twice about cutting our rightful allocation should we draw them in any of the cup competitions next season.

This is not the first time this has happened, we've seen Motherwell and Hibs play us with empty stands while Rangers supporters were left outside. If we do nothing this will continue.
Let's not wait for Rangers FC to fight our corner, let's show where the real strength of our club lies, with the supporters

25 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Of course sectarianism didn't originate from football but imo it's virtually only football where it continues to flourish today.  As I said I see no evidence of it in my life outside football and Ayrshire does tend to get tarred with the sectarian brush. I'm not saying it doesn't exist outside football, you only need to read the local news for evidence of it but it's my personal experience be that typical or not.

It's almost non existent imo, I've worked off and on in industry Scotland at various levels, not giving Catholics jobs was common place when I started work.  And it's not flourishing  in my opinion even in football, its diminishing greatly imo. The problem is we never dealt with it at all in the past, its giving us issues now

1 minute ago, S7C said:

*** is not sectarian bennett. If it were, then every fanbase outwith Rangers in Scotland is guilty.

The word *** has never been associated with Scottish protestants - it's a derogatory term for Rangers fans and their barbaric behaviour - who by the way used to use it as a term for Celtic fans back in the 70s. So how does that work? You only claim that it's sectarian out of desperation to play the victim.

You've obviously seen pics of its N Irish context, to pretend otherwise is pointless. The H word has been done to death on here though.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Strange thing is that most bears I know were embarrassed by Wednesday nights actions, people are fed up with it and want it stopped.

36 minutes ago, bennett said:

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The issue is that football provides this vehicle. 

Without it, I genuinely think it would barely exist as an issue. 

Employment practices have changed to I think pretty much eradicate it as a genuine issue in that sphere, despite the destructive garbage about 'back of the bus' from John Reid or moronic Phil.

That we still have an arena in which thousands of people can issue sectarian abuse to someone within feet of police officers however, is shameful.  It's very hard to frame an argument otherwise.

Cannot disagree with most of that, my problem is non Celtic Rangers fans see this as our issue, I see this mainly as a Rangers issue

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Let's not pretend Celtic don't do the exact same.

I might be being facetious but Celtic have never discriminate against other religions

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

By Bennetts admittedly childlike logic, next time someone is caught doling out racist abuse at Palmerston or TFS, it will be fine for the clubs just to ignore it, since racism is societys problem and we can't expect one club to fix society

On 15/02/2019 at 19:58, The_Kincardine said:

If you have to ask if you're didies then the answer is in the question.

Still, your best manager was our 2nd best manager.  Kilmarnock have a bit of an exemption.

Better a didie than a did-die! Amirite?

Laughing-Goose.gif.31e6b810ad24e3f8a10c89ec81512e47.gif

57 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

No attempt to answer the point about Kris Boyd within that statement though as usual! emoji849.pngWhataboutery?....aye aye, but seems that Clarke doesn’t have a problem when its dished out at Parkhead? Absolute stick on for C*ltic job once Brenda’s had enough btw, he’s got the right approach down to a tee now.

The fact that you don’t see that post as unbelievable sums up everything that is wrong with a sizeable part of the Rangers support.