Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I thought Al Ahly were the worlds most successful club ?

I could be wrong but that’s what I’ve always thought.

I should have put quotes around 'the most successful club in the world'.

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

Does anyone know what happens when Celtic overtake Rangers' (hoho!) 55 titles?  Do Rangers stop being the most successful club in the world? 

Not sure. Great potential for hilarity, hopefully they make the most of it. Rangers fans must be dreading it as it's one of the ideas they love to say, best team domestically.

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I thought Al Ahly were the worlds most successful club ?

I could be wrong but that’s what I’ve always thought.

I thought it was Kingussie.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Does anyone know what happens when Celtic overtake Rangers' (hoho!) 55 titles?  Do Rangers stop being the most successful club in the world? 

Aren't they about equal in total trophies? I am sure there was chat of Celtic overtaking their total recently.

I play darts and whenever one of the(many) rangers fans who play score 55, they always shout ' c'mon the rangers'. It gets quite annoying, hopefully stops once Celtic equals their total next year. 

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You’ve also got to look at level they’ve played at previously.

Idah is a perfect example. 1 in 7 record at a higher level and moves here and he’s 1 in 2 and also has his highest ever career total despite only playing half a season and not being a regular starter for that short period of time.

If Celtic sign him I reckon he’d get 20+ next season. Stays at Norwich will be lucky to get 10.

Sorry wee man you're posting pish,the reason he will score more goals is because Celtic create more chances feck all to do with the level hes playing at.

7 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You’ve also got to look at level they’ve played at previously.

Idah is a perfect example. 1 in 7 record at a higher level and moves here and he’s 1 in 2 and also has his highest ever career total despite only playing half a season and not being a regular starter for that short period of time.

If Celtic sign him I reckon he’d get 20+ next season. Stays at Norwich will be lucky to get 10.

You can counter your nonsensical logic by just looking at Mikey Johnston. Struggled to make an impact up here goes to WBA and immediately is winning the POTM in the Championship, scoring goals for fun and looking as if he’s on another level.

28 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You can counter your nonsensical logic by just looking at Mikey Johnston. Struggled to make an impact up here goes to WBA and immediately is winning the POTM in the Championship, scoring goals for fun and looking as if he’s on another level.

Time will tell James.

3 hours ago, willywastecoat said:

Sorry wee man you're posting pish,the reason he will score more goals is because Celtic create more chances feck all to do with the level hes playing at.

Is this the same guy who says budgets in football don't matter? It's about wanting it more.

This seems like something he'd say.

7 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

I play darts and whenever one of the(many) rangers fans who play score 55, they always shout ' c'mon the rangers'. It gets quite annoying, hopefully stops once Celtic equals their total next year. 

Should it reach 55 and beyond might be an idea to wear full body armour whilst playing darts with your many Sevco chums.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Time will tell James.

There are many other factors that need to be considered other than it being solely about level. Why was Teemu Pukki a failure up here yet a star down there? Why was Todd Cantwell so highly regarded down there but flatters to deceive up here? 

Some players thrive under pressure, some crumble and vice versa. Some players need to build confidence and some just have it.

Edited by Jinky67

23 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Is this the same guy who says budgets in football don't matter? It's about wanting it more.

This seems like something he'd say.

What duz a budget mean in football?,Celtic have dosh in the bank that they don't spend,we spend about 20 million a season on players is that what you mean by a budget?Celtic have also got planning permission to build a hotel and museum.
I never said anything about wanting it more but I do think it's important to have players at the club that have came through the ranks, when at each level they play at, it's easy for a club like Celtic to put them down the pecking order with just buying players.

On 27/05/2024 at 19:06, Jinky67 said:

Could be an interesting window for Johnston. Working with Corboran has clearly had a positive impact on his form and Corboran obviously rates him and he’s now being quoted to replace Maresca at Leicester.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Could be an interesting window for Johnston. Working with Corboran has clearly had a positive impact on his form and Corboran obviously rates him and he’s now being quoted to replace Maresca at Leicester.

Exactly, the level argument is a fallacy. It’s too easy to say the level is higher or lower just because a player performs or doesn’t. There are many other influencing factors, the coach being one of the biggest ones.

8 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Exactly, the level argument is a fallacy. It’s too easy to say the level is higher or lower just because a player performs or doesn’t. There are many other influencing factors, the coach being one of the biggest ones.

If he ends up back at Celtic do you think he’ll get an opportunity ?