Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 hours ago, TheLad said:

This has to be one of the worst Rangers sides ever. They were poor last year and look even worse. 

The weakest position was striker and haven't even bothered to prioritise a new signing there. 

Top scorer (from right back) on his way out.

What a shambles. Clement will walk out by October 

Was speaking to a guy who was there yesterday and he reckons Jefte might give Dessers a run for his money he’s that bad.

He thinks of all the signings that Clement has made only Barron might have a positive impact.

22 hours ago, AJF said:

An interesting thread which probably highlights the difficulty we will have in replacing Tavernier. I’m surprised his 23/24 stats remained this high as, certainly going by the eye test, he had a rather significant drop off.

We won’t be able to replicate his numbers with another right back, so we need to change our system so it’s shared amongst the team.

I’m sure I speak for the majority of the rest of Scottish football in saying I am delighted Rangers are selling Tavernier.

I know that defensively he isn’t great but he’s clearly been the best RB in the league for the last 8 seasons and his ability to dig Rangers out of the shit with free kicks and long range strikes has been unbelievable. Rangers would’ve lost a lot more games and points if it wasn’t for Tavernier over his time in the top flight.

I appreciate someone else would have the free kicks etc and possibly scored but in my opinion he was Rangers second biggest goal threat in their time in the top flight (behind Morelos).

I don’t think his exit is confirmed yet but I really hope it is soon. Will be delighted to see the back of him.

1 hour ago, stressball said:

That’s so poor. I play cricket myself and have played at Murrayfield on a couple of occasions. I’d be raging if one of my games was interrupted with folk on the pitch, never mind adding in abuse and the reported assaults.

On 18/07/2024 at 20:22, The Moonster said:

Probably because their fans would go ape shit? Hence why I don't think they want to say now that works will be going on till the end of the year. I don't know really, but I expect that come September there will be another statement telling of more delays, probably blaming suppliers, which would be valid. 

Are Ferguson Marine involved here 😉 ?

Rumours around now that Goldson is on his way to Cyprus to join Aris Limassol.

A lot of experience heading out the door with Barisic, Jack and Lundstram having already departed and with Tav and Goldson rumoured to be on their way. We’ve needed a refresh for a while but the concern now is whether we can afford to replace them.

13 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m sure I speak for the majority of the rest of Scottish football in saying I am delighted Rangers are selling Tavernier.

I know that defensively he isn’t great but he’s clearly been the best RB in the league for the last 8 seasons and his ability to dig Rangers out of the shit with free kicks and long range strikes has been unbelievable. Rangers would’ve lost a lot more games and points if it wasn’t for Tavernier over his time in the top flight.

I appreciate someone else would have the free kicks etc and possibly scored but in my opinion he was Rangers second biggest goal threat in their time in the top flight (behind Morelos).

I don’t think his exit is confirmed yet but I really hope it is soon. Will be delighted to see the back of him.

Always find it weird when Celtic fans claim he's never been good enough for them. He would have been ideal.

8 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Always find it weird when Celtic fans claim he's never been good enough for them. He would have been ideal.

Would have fit into our system quite well, he’d have excelled under Rodgers or Ange.

It’s weirder to see Rangers fans on social media panning and belittling his contributions.

Even if you meme the shit out of his penalties, without everything else he brought Rangers would have been a lot worse off.

They won’t replace what they lose with the pittance they’ll get for him.

Edited by stressball

2 hours ago, stressball said:

Would have fit into our system quite well, he’d have excelled under Rodgers or Ange.

It’s weirder to see Rangers fans on social media panning and belittling his contributions.

Even if you meme the shit out of his penalties, without everything else he brought Rangers would have been a lot worse off.

Tbf we signed him for £200k but you're right about how important Tav has been to our team.  He's going to be hard to replace.

2 hours ago, stressball said:

It’s usually the way the internet works. I reckon it’ll be a case of Rangers fans trying to downplay the impact his departure will have to help cope with it a little.

But we also see the flip side. Celtic fans that have labelled Tavernier a liability for Rangers are now all of a sudden of the opinion that he will be a big loss. Goes both ways, it seems.

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s usually the way the internet works. I reckon it’ll be a case of Rangers fans trying to downplay the impact his departure will have to help cope with it a little.

But we also see the flip side. Celtic fans that have labelled Tavernier a liability for Rangers are now all of a sudden of the opinion that he will be a big loss. Goes both ways, it seems.

As a pretty avid critic of Tavernier's defensive abilities I hold firm with that assessment particularly over the past few seasons as he has lost a yard or 2. It's been pretty evident we target that area of the pitch when playing against you. 

However it's churlish to not recognise his attacking ability and I always felt he would make a good box to box midfielder with the license to drift a little wider in a way KDB does for City. Might suit him a bit better as he gets older. 

Will Rangers miss him? Absolutely for the goal contribution and his freaky ability to come in clutch 

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Tbf we signed him for £200k but you're right about how important Tav has been to our team.  He's going to be hard to replace.

We signed Larsson for about 600k,  no way could we ever have replaced him for that.

I don’t think the meagre profit you’ll make on selling your best player for the last 10(?) years will do anything to replace him.

Edited by stressball

2 hours ago, AJF said:

He’s an absolute liability when it comes to defending, but can’t deny he’s been your best player going forward.

15 hours ago, AJF said:

Rumours around now that Goldson is on his way to Cyprus to join Aris Limassol.

A lot of experience heading out the door with Barisic, Jack and Lundstram having already departed and with Tav and Goldson rumoured to be on their way. We’ve needed a refresh for a while but the concern now is whether we can afford to replace them.

You can have Kirk Broadfoot for nothing.