Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not discriminating against anyone.

I am saying however that if a club really considers aspects of its perceived identity unwelcome, it can very readily ditch the symbols that cement it.

And then the money will dry up so that isnt going to happen anytime soon. Sectarianism and British nationalism is very profitable and lucrative to certain institutions and people.

2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

And then the money will dry up so that isnt going to happen anytime soon. Sectarianism and British nationalism is very profitable and lucrative to certain institutions and people.

Indeed.

It means that the lie that everything possible is being done to combat the issue, is just that.

14 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Thought he might have mentioned Goldson by name and the abuse he was getting from the Rangers fans?

No..oh well..

The whole incident stemmed from the Rangers official twitter account after they posted the photo and Goldson wasn’t the only player to write about it.

The whole incident stemmed from the Rangers official twitter account after they posted the photo and Goldson wasn’t the only player to write about it.

Why not mention Goldson in the statement? It quite rightly mentions some utter fucking clown shoe of a Celtic fan being a racist weapon to Morelos.

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Indeed.

It means that the lie that everything possible is being done to combat the issue, is just that.

And not to be seen as one sided, so is Irish nationalism..

Edited by Bohemian

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Why not mention Goldson in the statement? It quite rightly mentions some utter fucking clown shoe of a Celtic fan being a racist weapon to Morelos.

Because the issue is far wider than Goldson. Every player took the knee and there were multiple of them that posted a message supporting Black Lives Matter and no doubt received similar comments that Goldson did.

Goldson only received more attention because he spoke about it more openly with fans.

The message from Rangers is clear, they support all the players that took the knee. If they narrowed that down to just Goldson then those players that also received similar comments would be made to feel overlooked.

Because the abuse wasnt solely directed at Goldson like it was to Morelos?

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Small minority strike again...

Screenshot_20200720-161208_Twitter.jpeg

To balance the argument, will you also be posting the countless messages from Rangers fans that support the players here? Or are you only interested in the ones that suit your narrative?

Because the issue is far wider than Goldson. Every player took the knee and there were multiple of them that posted a message supporting Black Lives Matter and no doubt received similar comments that Goldson did.
Goldson only received more attention because he spoke about it more openly with fans.
The message from Rangers is clear, they support all the players that took the knee. If they narrowed that down to just Goldson then those players that also received similar comments would be made to feel overlooked.
Goldson got more abuse because he spoke about and because he's black.

It's that simple.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
13 minutes ago, Romeo said:

THANK YOU!

It’s honestly like banging your head against a brick wall with Mr Romeo.

To balance the argument, will you also be posting the countless messages from Rangers fans that support the players here? Or are you only interested in the ones that suit your narrative?
You don't want the negative stuff from rangers fans posted.

I get it.

Just now, Romeo said:

Goldson got more abuse because he spoke about and because he's black.

It's that simple.

Defoe, Tavernier and Aribo also posted - they are all black as well, why should they be overlooked?

Just now, Romeo said:
1 minute ago, AJF said:
Defoe, Tavernier and Aribo also posted - they are all black as well, why should they be overlooked?

Why has Goldson had more abuse then?

Because he made multiple posts and replied to fans comments. The others, as far as I can see, posted their pictures but didn’t engage any further than that.

Because he made multiple posts and replied to fans comments. The others, as far as I can see, posted their pictures but didn’t engage any further than that.
Oh well, that's all right then..as long as there's a reason he's getting more abuse... ooft

1 minute ago, Romeo said:
3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Oh well, that's all right then..as long as there's a reason he's getting more abuse... ooft

Do you seriously believe that’s what I said? Of course not. I said he received more comments because he made more posts and responded to fans whereas the others didn’t.

I never once said it was all right. This is typical of you from what I’ve seen of you in the short time I’ve been here. You can’t hold a reasonable debate for very long before you resort to baiting people and talking absolute nonsense 😂