Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

7 hours ago, WilliamBragg said:

Nope. I did not say baton.

They have these things called handcuffs maybe try using them.

I am left wing but that does not mean I break the law.

What part of 5000 people blatantly breaking the law is ok with you?

It feels almost sad that I have to explain this to a (presumably) fully-grown adult, but 'the law' is not some immovable, independent construct that predates humans on this planet.

Most laws are designed to protect the wealthy and powerful at the top (this is essentially the primary function of a police force), rather than being there for any kind of universal societal benefit.

We as a society are constantly fighting to remove unjust laws (restrictions on abortion, bans on gay marriage, whatever else). The idea that "oh well the law’s the law got to obey it no matter what" is drivel. 

This becomes especially true when the laws that those dastardly Rangers fans broke yesterday are a hastily-written and unprecedented curbing of freedom of movement and assembly that were rushed through parliament to give the UK gov and SG 'emergency powers' to deal with the virus however they saw fit.

Many of the lockdown rules are inconsistent nonsense, and if you’ve followed all of them to the letter then I genuinely pity you. Even more so if you think it’s THAT, rather than the work of the vaccines, which is going to bring us out of lockdown.

I’m not even going to bother invoking the many examples throughout history where awful things were completely legal, and those who opposed them were lawbreakers.

TLDR: cases are disappearing like snow off a dyke, h*ns gonna h*n, no harm no foul.

2 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

Rangers are on the verge of winning the league because they got rid of  utter jobbers like Halliday.

I don't think that anyone is saying that he was good enough but he always gave everything he had for the team through some bad times.  I can appreciate his efforts over the years.

34 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Quite amusing seeing this debate and the justifications being thrown.

I think 99% of people would sympathise with a spontaneous explosion of emotion if there had been a dramatic event to cause this. let’s be honest, the title was won months ago and it’s not even official yet. This was pre planned, orchestrated gathering so the club and the fanboys on here can spare us the emotional argument. 

The frustrating thing for people is not the gathering itself but fans, the club and even the media desperately trying to justify it. 

First of all I'm not going to defend the huge crowd that turned up because I can't defend that. 

My issue is you saying that yesterday wasn't emotional,  after all that's happened over the last 10 years, the hurt/the despair it was very emotional.  

I expected a smal number of fans to turn up with a few banners then leave, maybe some local people to turn up for a look but not what happened. 

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

I don't think that anyone is saying that he was good enough but he always gave everything he had for the team through some bad times.  I can appreciate his efforts over the years.

First of all I'm not going to defend the huge crowd that turned up because I can't defend that. 

My issue is you saying that yesterday wasn't emotional,  after all that's happened over the last 10 years, the hurt/the despair it was very emotional.  

I expected a smal number of fans to turn up with a few banners then leave, maybe some local people to turn up for a look but not what happened. 

'The Hurt/The Despair', ffs a club went tits up then spent their way through the leagues to success again. A group of fans werent able to lord it over everyone else for a while and now they can. Its not Myanmar. 

Edited by Swordfishtrombone

1 minute ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

'The Hurt/The Despair', ffs a club went tits up then spent their way through the leagues to success again. A group of fans werent able to lord it over everyone else for a while and now they can. Its not Myanmar. 

Hurt/despair is common football parlance for a team going through a dry patch. E.g. Scotland ended 23 years of hurt by qualifying for a major tournament.

5 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Thank you for your post, atleast you tried.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

Hurt/despair is common football parlance for a team going through a dry patch. E.g. Scotland ended 23 years of hurt by qualifying for a major tournament.

We also had the exuberance of the Hibs fans in 2016, Scotland players/fans last year, St Johnstone fans last week - there are countless other that I could rattle off.

We are all football fans, we all love it when our team wins and we love to celebrate. We also sometimes get carried away after a few beers - it’s kinda what we do.

I can’t condone what happened yesterday however I do understand it and if Falkirk were in the same position I could not say hand on heart that I wouldn’t do something similar.

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We also had the exuberance of the Hibs fans in 2016, Scotland players/fans last year, St Johnstone fans last week - there are countless other that I could rattle off.

We are all football fans, we all love it when our team wins and we love to celebrate. We also sometimes get carried away after a few beers - it’s kinda what we do.

I can’t condone what happened yesterday however I do understand it and if Falkirk were in the same position I could not say hand on heart that I wouldn’t do something similar.

The absolute best part of football is losing the run of yourself when you win something.

Fully expect to see repeat scenes when we lift the Europa League in May.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

The absolute best part of football is losing the run of yourself when you win something.

Fully expect to see repeat scenes when we lift the Europa League in May.

Spot on with the first part mate.

ps. You worked out my post from yesterday yet ? I think @bennettwas the only one that worked out the irony of it.

55 minutes ago, bennett said:

I get the emotion of winning a title. I’m more questioning the timing, given it’s not actually official yet. 

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I get the emotion of winning a title. I’m more questioning the timing, given it’s not actually official yet. 

This has been explained though. It's either official today or it will be by the time we next play at Ibrox. If the collective fanbase including the players and management choose a weird time frame they see fit what's the issue? 

This has been explained though. It's either official today or it will be by the time we next play at Ibrox. If the collective fanbase including the players and management choose a weird time frame they see fit what's the issue? 

Aye, so not yesterday then? Thats the exact issue [emoji23].

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Aye, so not yesterday then? Thats the exact issue emoji23.png.

There's no issue other some invented one, we've previously seen you cant celebrate last minute winners and now we're seeing we disagree with when you celebrate winning the league. 

Why does any of that matter to non Rangers fans?

24 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

"What's the issue?". None, really, except the virus, placing others in danger (including family, workmates and staff at all levels in the NHS) and giving the haters another opportunity to (rightly, IMO) criticise the club and the supporters.  Understanding why they did it does not excuse the utter stupidity and selfishness.  Idiots. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar