Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Is that true? Would you not have needed a point against CSKA?

Hate to say it but you're right.  Still, we were certainly "90 minutes away from the CL final" as you agreed earlier.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Hate to say it but you're right.  Still, we were certainly "90 minutes away from the CL final" as you agreed earlier.

He's not right. Rangers and Marseille were on the same amount of points. Rangers win in Marseille and go 3 points clear with a game to go. Rangers , if they had won, would have the better head to head. 90 minutes away from Champions League Final.

If you remember back Mark Hately , who the French admitted they were worried about, gets the softest of soft Red cards against Bruges. Then Scott Nisbett scored that goal to win the game 2-1 for us.

Just now, BobWilliamson said:

He's not right. Rangers and Marseille were on the same amount of points. Rangers win in Marseille and go 3 points clear with a game to go. Rangers , if they had won, would have the better head to head. 90 minutes away from Champions League Final.

If you remember back Mark Hately , who the French admitted they were worried about, gets the softest of soft Red cards against Bruges. Then Scott Nisbett scored that goal to win the game 2-1 for us.

I assumed it would have been decided on GD which would have gone in OM's favour after they bought those 6 goals vs CSKA.

You're still right though - we WERE 90 mins away from the CL final as Tartantory admits...

Thought I was right.

It's ok you can have your 90 minutes chat. We've actually participated in 2 of them. 210 minutes in total [emoji41]

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sake Boab.  I'm almost always right.  You're spoiling my record!

If i remember correctly we were attacking and looking dangerous when the referee blew for full time. We had our chances and even though they were corrupt cheating b*****ds we had our chances and even rode our luck at times.

It all pales in comparison to what happened to Dundee United in 1984 against Roma. 

17 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

You weren't but its OK you played in 2 of the now defunct European Cup Finals;)

Yes, I thought it was GD as well, silly me!!

What is quite sad is that you feel the need to compare Celtic's invincible team to Rangers 92/93 team. A team that not only had a bigger budget than every team in Scotland but every team in England and had one of the biggest budgets in European football. A budget built on bank loans may I add.

17 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

If i remember correctly we were attacking and looking dangerous when the referee blew for full time. We had our chances and even though they were corrupt cheating b*****ds we had our chances and even rode our luck at times.

It all pales in comparison to what happened to Dundee United in 1984 against Roma. 

I doubt we'd have beaten Milan in the final anyway and aye, shame about what happened to DU.

Who are you supporting tonight, buddy?  Any preferences?

16 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Yes, I thought it was GD as well, silly me!!

What is quite sad is that you feel the need to compare Celtic's invincible team to Rangers 92/93 team. A team that not only had a bigger budget than every team in Scotland but every team in England and had one of the biggest budgets in European football. A budget built on bank loans may I add.

Steady, TT.  It's been quite a good discussion and we've both learned from it.  You don't have to act like the rest of your support.

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

What is quite sad is that you feel the need to compare Celtic's invincible team to Rangers 92/93 team. A team that not only had a bigger budget than every team in Scotland but every team in England and had one of the biggest budgets in European football..

There's no comparison.

I know most of the grey and green dross have it as their homepage but FF is amusing...especially the transfer thread.  Apparently we're bring Tierry Henry out of retirement. and are being bankrolled by a drugs cartel.

This yin is worth posting, though, as a tribute to our Mexican pals:

giphy.gif

Just now, BobWilliamson said:

Juventus. Stuck £20 on them just before kick off

Are you watching it?  Not sure your money's safe but it's a terrific game of football.

One of them is only 90 minutes away from being European champions...unless you're @Drew Breesin which case journey time has to be factored in.

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Are you watching it?  Not sure your money's safe but it's a terrific game of football.

One of them is only 90 minutes away from being European champions...unless you're @Drew Breesin which case journey time has to be factored in.

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Or it goes to extra time and pens. There's lots to factor in.

It's now half time so T_K would be correct with 90 minutes, even allowing for et and pens - second half 45 + extra time 30 + injury time, + flaffing about deciding which team goes first in the pens etc,  90 mins wouldn't be far out, no need to factor in anything else. 

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Glad I'm not the only one with a champions league final carry out. :)

Sad my San Mig carry-out isn't Spanish but who are you supporting, DB?  Hope to f**k it's Juve I'd hate the both of us to be celebrating the same team.