Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, Dindeleux said:

As I said a couple of days ago the Alves signing feels a bit Senderos'y.

More money you spend the quicker the new club follows the old one down the pan right enough so it's good with me.

Senderos was a panic buy in the closing days of a transfer window after Warburton had chased Lescott who had dodgy knees for weeks. I believe Lescott broke down during the season with knee problems.

Bruno Alves has been picked out from day 1 as Rangers No.1 target and we got him. He is still included in the Portugal National Squad and is a huge improvement on any thing we have at Ibrox at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Most people are curious as to how £11m can cover these transfer fees and the wages. What was Rangers wage bill for last season?

Players have left. I would think Alves is more or less a straight replacement for Hill. As much as i liked the Big Man i think we can all agree that Alves is a far superior player.

Just now, BobWilliamson said:

Players have left. I would think Alves is more or less a straight replacement for Hill. As much as i liked the Big Man i think we can all agree that Alves is a far superior player.

Aye, but what was your wage bill last season

8 minutes ago, Widge said:

I like how rangers are making their fans pay to be included in the ballot for European tickets, which will either end with not getting one or paying another £25 for one. Brilliant scamming from them.

You always had to pay a small fee to join the travel club.

It wont be long until Rangers and Celtic start charging non season ticket holding supporters to buy match tickets as they do at many top English clubs. TBH i am surprised they haven't done this already

Not sure we can.

2 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

You are asking the wrong guy here. Look for a poster with Celtic as their chosen  team if you want an answer on Rangers finances ;)

True. Last Summer, before you signed the likes of Barton, it was reported to be ~£7/8m. 

Just pluck a guess its now £9m, based on the likes of Krancjar still hanging about. Thats £2m to spend on fees, including agents fees. Can you see now, why people are suggesting its not financially viable to making multiple ~£1m moves for players?

You made a loss last season, and by all accounts are dependent on ticket sales to keep going. Its suicide.

Two players out, two players in on free transfers and p and B goes into full Sevco mode.

If money is being spent then its logical to assume that the board have planned their finances, cut out the hysteria until it becomes clearer.

35 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Thanks for reminding us as these players are being overlooked in all the excitement surrounding the big name signings 

Alves or Ryan Jack? :lol: 

Any way, you can sign 11 new players - so called big names or not - and you'll still have Pedro. The guy who played Celtic twice in the space of six days and learned not a jot. 

Any way, you can sign 11 new players - so called big names or not - and you'll still have Pedro. The guy who played Celtic twice in the space of six days and learned not a jot. 

Joined a team got a 1-1 draw at Celtic park and turned them into a team that got annihilated at home. 5-1 and they got off lightly.

Murty > Pedro

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

Dave King said a week or so back that money from season tickets would be invested in bringing in players.

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks and to see just who we can bring in.

It was a straight forward question so had you answered only with the above I would have accepted it. I haven't been following what Rangers have been up to the last few weeks more bothered about my own team. However the rest of your answer looks like a defensive verbal splurge which leaves me with the idea that you really don't know either.

I have heard though that the only serious signing is Ryan Jack and the other signings and more especially the rumours about who you are supposed to be signing is all a big rouse to sell more season tickets, fair play to the media if this is the case. Your fellow fans have a track record for falling for being taken for a ride on any bandwagon the club creates.

39 minutes ago, bennett said:

Two players out, two players in on free transfers and p and B goes into full Sevco mode.

If money is being spent then its logical to assume that the board have planned their finances, cut out the hysteria until it becomes clearer.

You don't know either, thanks for playing. :lol:

It wont be long until Rangers and Celtic start charging non season ticket holding supporters to buy match tickets as they do at many top English clubs. TBH i am surprised they haven't done this already

Charging for tickets!! Whatever next?

13 minutes ago, CityDave said:

I have heard though that the only serious signing is Ryan Jack and the other signings and more especially the rumours about who you are supposed to be signing is all a big rouse to sell more season tickets, fair play to the media if this is the case. Your fellow fans have a track record for falling for being taken for a ride on any bandwagon the club creates.

Rangers are being linked with a lot of players. Almost every player the fans have never heard of.

If that's their way of simply selling season tickets the club is doing a shite job. :)