Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

12 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Seems Rangers must be doing something right. The Whataboutery about new club / old club has started. Never gets boring guys.

Sitting back and letting your club die isn't really doing something right tbh.

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

I really can't be bothered getting into it again tbh. If you actually believe that and it helps you deal with it then crack on

Yes I believe in facts to help me deal with it.

You lads come in to Rangers thread and insist Rangers are a new club but somehow thread derailing is Rangers fans' fault.

Interesting logic.

Edited by thekorean

What's the facts around Naismith being able to walk away? And the facts as to why Rangers were not in Europe in 2012/13? And while you're at it, why were rangers in the bottom division in season 2012/13? And I never did get the name of that parent company that was put into liquidation.

42 minutes ago, thekorean said:

You lads come in to Rangers thread and insist Rangers are a new club but somehow thread derailing is Rangers fans' fault.

Interesting logic.

Interesting take on how this thread has developed.  Not surprising that it isn't Rangers' fault.  Never Rangers,  never Rangers Fans, not representative etc. etc.

You did let your club go into liquidation, this is beyond dispute.  I don't blame the fans for this.  For too long they had Minty telling them everything was OK and all they had to do was buy a season ticket and a strip.  Sadly for Rangers he was as untrustworthy as everyone that has been involved since.

Now they want you to buy the season ticket but not the strip for everything to be fine.

Fool you once, shame on them.  Fool you twice shame on you.  Fool you for the third/fourth/fifth time - it's the Rangers way.

It does look like cash is being spent.

It really might mean that they put a decent side together.  It might even push Celtic and it seems we might be returning to this arms race that was so depressing and destructive.  

What do people think about how it's being funded though?  Genuine question:  Is King finally stumping up some of the money he promised years ago, or is this just eating up season ticket money in a way that'll require more soft loans later?

I'm not having a go actually.  I'm just intrigued.  Is this a gamble based on hoped for Europa Cup progress, or on really challenging for the League title?   I do think Rangers should be stronger than in the season just ended, but they have to be very much better to justify this kind of outlay.

Where, realistically can this head?

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is this a gamble based on hoped for Europa Cup progress

This is my opinion. Its massively misjudged though, as the money from the Europa League is pathetic. They'd need to qualify for the CL Groups to be making money, but the way our coefficient is, that means they have to topple Celtic. They'll improve this year, Alves, Jack and potentially Dorrans are all upgrades, I'd argue Dorrans could be one of the best signings we've seen in this country in terms of current stature (an international who has played regularly in the EPL in the past season or two), but they still seem an attacking player or two to catching this Celtic team. 

They seem to be gambling on them toppling Celtic before their finances crumble, which seems daft, as realistically they could've built funds over the next decade, waiting for the inevitable slump Celtic will hit, and then go for a spell of dominance themselves, instead of harming their own future as they can't cope with the present.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

What's the facts around Naismith being able to walk away? And the facts as to why Rangers were not in Europe in 2012/13? And while you're at it, why were rangers in the bottom division in season 2012/13? And I never did get the name of that parent company that was put into liquidation.

Rangers Football Club Ltd. Not the same as Rangers FC.  RFC LTD held Rangers FC as one of its assets, along with Ibrox. 

Arsenal owned by Kroenke Sports Enterprises. Does that mean Arsenal are Kroenke FC and not Arsenal? Dumb. 

Take some business classes guys, it really helps!

Edited by thekorean

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It does look like cash is being spent.

It really might mean that they put a decent side together.  It might even push Celtic and it seems we might be returning to this arms race that was so depressing and destructive.  

What do people think about how it's being funded though?  Genuine question:  Is King finally stumping up some of the money he promised years ago, or is this just eating up season ticket money in a way that'll require more soft loans later?

I'm not having a go actually.  I'm just intrigued.  Is this a gamble based on hoped for Europa Cup progress, or on really challenging for the League title?   I do think Rangers should be stronger than in the season just ended, but they have to be very much better to justify this kind of outlay.

Where, realistically can this head?

Depends on whether Ryan or Alves got any kind of signing on fee.  Otherwise, I don't think any money has changed hands yet.

'Just under a million' for Dorrans, another couple of million for Pena, a million for Herrera and another for Abella.  It soon adds up.

Unless TGASL really is ante-ing up (and I'm sure we'd have heard by now if that were the case), the money  for transfers and wages must coming out of the season ticket cash.  Is it a gamble on Europa League success?

ETA: Mustn't forget Cardoso for another million.

Edited by The DA

Dave King always seemed like a dodgy bloke, with his operations in South Africa and all. Not that South African government is clean or trustworthy.

Rangers really needed a Fergus McCann type figure to sort the finances out.

Rangers Football Club Ltd. Not the same as Rangers FC. 
Arsenal owned by Kroenke Sports Enterprises. Does that mean Arsenal are Kroenke FC and not Arsenal? Dumb. 

Honestly. If you want to talk about parent/holding companies or whatever it is you want to call it then Rangers Football Club Ltd (the football club) was owned by Murray International Holdings Ltd. Just like Arsenal Football Club (the football club) are owned by KSE UK Inc. (Kroenke).

I don't even care whether they are a new club or not but if you don't know what you're talking about then don't act like you do.

3 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Honestly. If you want to talk about parent/holding companies or whatever it is you want to call it then Rangers Football Club Ltd (the football club) was owned by Murray International Holdings Ltd. Just like Arsenal Football Club (the football club) are owned by KSE UK Inc. (Kroenke).

I don't even care whether they are a new club or not but if you don't know what you're talking about then don't act like you do.

Rangers FC was an asset, held by Rangers FC LTD, held by Murray Intl. Holding Ltd. So what? A company can own another company which has subsidiaries. 

Pointless post that was. Did nothing to prove me wrong. 

Don't invest in stocks any time soon, Tony.

Edited by thekorean

3 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

What was the name of the liquidated parent company?

2 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Yeah, what were they called?

28 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Well? 

No, that wasn't it, have another shottie.

Dave King always seemed like a dodgy bloke, with his operations in South Africa and all. Not that South African government is clean or trustworthy.
Rangers really needed a Fergus McCann type figure to sort the finances out.

The problem with Dave King is that most of his money/assets are tied up in South African Companies.

In South Africa, Company Law prohibits the transfer of funds to Foreign Companies (even if it's a subsidiary or parent). This is most likely the reason you've seen nothing from him and likely won't in the near future. From experience it can take a large reputable company around 5 years to negotiate with SARS to move funds abroad. Dave King is hardly the most reputable guy over there so can imagine it'll take him much longer.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is my opinion. Its massively misjudged though, as the money from the Europa League is pathetic. They'd need to qualify for the CL Groups to be making money, but the way our coefficient is, that means they have to topple Celtic. They'll improve this year, Alves, Jack and potentially Dorrans are all upgrades, I'd argue Dorrans could be one of the best signings we've seen in this country in terms of current stature (an international who has played regularly in the EPL in the past season or two), but they still seem an attacking player or two to catching this Celtic team. 

They seem to be gambling on them toppling Celtic before their finances crumble, which seems daft, as realistically they could've built funds over the next decade, waiting for the inevitable slump Celtic will hit, and then go for a spell of dominance themselves, instead of harming their own future as they can't cope with the present.

Yes, it seems they can't balance the books unless someone is giving them lots of money, or unless they qualify for CL group stages.

The second one is not on any immediate horizon and the first one hasn't yet shown any signs of materialising thus far, unless it's doing so now 'midst a baffling absence of fanfare.