Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 hours ago, DMCs said:

Ridiculous statement. As far as I'm aware it's all about the critical email from Club1872 and doesn't have anything to with the fan protests. Club1872 were spot on really as the board have just been embarrassing recently.

Dave King was in Glasgow last week. Coincidence? I think not. He is using Club 1872 to voice his own dissatisfaction with certain members of the board. 

This is exactly why fan ownership would be a disaster for the club. Too many wee cliques with utter bellends like Chris Graham and Robert Marshall constantly sniping at each other. 

There are faults on both sides but these public statements are an embarrassment and unbecoming of  the board of Rangers Football Club! 

No statement from the board on the fans anger at the friendly, No statement regarding the songbook at Dens for the cup game, No statement after the pathetic behaviour of the Rangers support at the league game at Dens! Only time we hear from them is when they feel under attack personally. 

Sick of the lot of them and why after having a season ticket for too many years I am seriously considering not renewing. 

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Surprised to see almost all Rangers fans online having a go at the board here.

Usually you see a massive amount defend the club, no matter what.

It’s pretty difficult to defend the indefensible!

Just because we don’t all jump online to condemn a certain section of the support every time they embarrass the club doesn’t mean we are happy with it. Over years the club made great strides to be more inclusive and I’ve always championed these initiatives but the kind of behaviour we’ve seen over the last couple of weeks at Dens has been creeping back in and this boards failure to address the problem just emboldens the bigoted arseholes who follow the club. They now believe they are untouchable! Arseholes to a man (boy) ! 

Leaving the fan issue aside you then have this utter shambles of a friendly. The board must have known we would be caught up in the scandal that’s going on with Celtic and we’ve already seen it described as an ‘Old Firm’ problem in the Aussie media. It’s being billed as an Ange homecoming and good luck to them but why did our board believe it would be a good idea to jump onboard with this ? £££££££ signs is all they saw and forget the supporters feelings! All Sevco jokes aside it was the support who saved the club. It was our loyalty through the banter years that kept the lights on while we were fleeced by one Spiv after another! I’m not forgetting the role Paul Murray played or John Giligan or Dave King but without the supports loyalty the club would not be here today! It seems to me , once more, we have a board who have lost all connect with the support. 

Club 1872 are supposed to be the voice of the support but as predicted right from the start they are now nothing more than a few individuals whose only interest is getting one of them on the board. Again our support taken advantage of by those who have only their own interests at heart. On a personal note Chris Graham is an arse and those opposing him such as Big Marshall are equally as bad!

Im 53 now. I’m one of the grumpy auld b*****ds whose seen it all before and I’m tired of the bickering and infighting. An Aberdeen poster recently asked me if I actually enjoyed going to the football and I never answered him. The answer is not nearly as much as I used to. I never thought I’d see the day I’d even consider not renewing but at the moment it’s 50/50 at best. 

Golf , weekends away with the Mrs, trips to the Etihad and even a few lower league games at grounds I enjoyed and to complete the list is more appealing than sharing a stadium with some the backward arseholes that care more about singing shitty songs than the club itself 

35 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

it was the support who saved the club.

It was our loyalty through the banter years that kept the lights on

without the supports loyalty the club would not be here today!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but while you were in a coma......

6 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

We won #55. I know 

Translation:

1 + zero = 55

2012 - 2022 = 150 years

The banter years = the period of revisionism beginning the moment the CVA was rejected

Company = any part that insolvency can reach

Club = any part that insolvency can't reach

Delusional = anybody who subscribes to the above

4 hours ago, Squonk said:

Translation:

1 + zero = 55

2012 - 2022 = 150 years

The banter years = the period of revisionism beginning the moment the CVA was rejected

Company = any part that insolvency can reach

Club = any part that insolvency can't reach

Delusional = anybody who subscribes to the above

#55 destroyed certain people. Then again some were well beyond help long before that glorious day 

27 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

#55 destroyed certain people. 

Who are these people that are no more because The Rangers won 1 major trophy in 10 years at a cost of 100 plus million? 
I’m guessing it’s some of ‘the peepul’ based on those facts.

16 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

But it really didn’t and you have to live with that fact everyday 

I see you’re coping well with it 😂

I sleep sound at night in the knowledge that my diddy club is in rude financial health and has never gone into liquidation, nor is it ever likely to.

You, on the other hand, will live the rest of your life in the sure and certain knowledge that, not only did you let your club die, but everybody, including yourself, knows you let it die. As if that's not bad enough, you'll have to pretend until your dying breath that it really doesn't bother you in the slightest.

I'll leave you in peace from now on as I'm sure you've got primary school in the morning.