Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

The young teenage boy to the left of us near the front just beyond the netting segregation holding aloft his blue scarf reading ‘100 per cent Protestant ‘ is such a sad but accurate reflection of the lengths the **** have gone to to keep the enormous support. 

It must be absolutely shit to be a *** that attends the home games. Put the last few minutes of the midweek cup quarter final on so I could see the draw, and at 3-0 up the place was almost empty. Yesterday at 2-1 down thousands had left. There only seems to be 1 scenario where the **** can now get any enjoyment from football, which is winning the bigot derby.

1 hour ago, 1GregStewart said:

The young teenage boy to the left of us near the front just beyond the netting segregation holding aloft his blue scarf reading ‘100 per cent Protestant ‘ is such a sad but accurate reflection of the lengths the **** have gone to to keep the enormous support. 

It must be absolutely shit to be a *** that attends the home games. Put the last few minutes of the midweek cup quarter final on so I could see the draw, and at 3-0 up the place was almost empty. Yesterday at 2-1 down thousands had left. There only seems to be 1 scenario where the **** can now get any enjoyment from football, which is winning the bigot derby.

On your first point , I’m assuming this type of merchandise is bought from the tat stalls outside the ground. Why are these stalls not getting shut down if they sell sectarian trash?

Also how is holding a 100% Protestant scarf going to upset a Protestant Aberdeen fan of which there would be the vast majority ? There’s just so much to unpack here . Or does this indicate there is a genuine belief that the fans of all other teams are “ caflicks” 

On your second point the only thing I would say is that unless they are scudding teams they aren’t interested. They don’t want any competition.

Edited by Stevie Kirk

12 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

On your first point , I’m assuming this type of merchandise is bought from the tat stalls outside the ground. Why are these stalls not getting shut down if they sell sectarian trash?

Also how is holding a 100% Protestant scarf going to upset a Protestant Aberdeen fan of which there would be the vast majority ? There’s just so much to unpack here . Or does this indicate there is a genuine belief that the fans of all other teams are “ caflicks” 

On your second point the only thing I would say is that unless they are scudding teams they aren’t interested. They don’t want any competition.

Jacobites is trending... 

There is no logic to it. They are lost and confused and are desperate for a messiah. 

Although given their idiocy , they would probably reject that word.

Maybe they need a naughty boy. 🙂

Agree with your 'scudding' point. They don't want close-fought encounters, just total supremacy. 

I think huge numbers of Rangers* and Celtic fans don't even like football. There appears to be no enjoyment. Just simple expectation when they win, and utter fury and blame when they lose. Competition is to be utterly crushed, apart from each other of course, as far as the boardrooms go.

I imagine it's pretty much the same for Real Madrid and the nouveau PSG fans too.

39 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I know that the blue hordes are desperate to get rid of Mick, but how good an idea is it to go into a must win European match with no manager?

Are we allowed to mention the ever growing list of player who are Injured?

1 hour ago, Stevie Kirk said:

The whole scenario of Sevco building a persona as staunch as possible, 100 per cent Protestant etc isn’t aimed at upsetting Aberdeen fans or any others apart from 1 set. It’s about building a huge rivalry based on other issues apart from football to guarantee the hordes continue to turn up and don’t get bored and stop going. Every week for them is based purely on hoping they get a better result than the other side. 

It should upset all fans though that a 13/14 year old boy is holding up a scarf like that at a football game. It shows what a sad upbringing the boy is getting if that’s classed as normal behaviour. 

What's gonna happen come 2026 when Sellick win their 56th title which seems odds on unless they reappoint Neil Lennon - will the Hordes decamp from Scottish football to follow some other sport like fencing (still popular in their staunchly spiritual homeland of Prussia) and will the Green Brigade still be claiming victim status?

5 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Who would be temp. manager then ?

Mr Murty ?

I suspect it would be David McCallum again, the B team manager.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I know that the blue hordes are desperate to get rid of Mick, but how good an idea is it to go into a must win European match with no manager?

Yeah, it’s tricky, but sometimes it’s better to take action as quickly as possible if the players aren’t performing for the manager.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Are we allowed to mention the ever growing list of player who are Injured?

I suppose the counter to that argument would be that Rangers have/should have a big enough squad to cope with the injuries given the guaranteed European game and even if a massive injury list, arguably one of the most equipt and successful youth academies.

I'd say from an outside in view that Beale has had a mix of injuries and poor recruitment that may well do him in. Arguably bar Butland and Danilo before his injury, the summer signings haven't worked, not sure if that is fair to say or not?

I'd say that Beale, like Van Bronkhorst before him didn't have enough capital with the rangers fans to allow for an extended blip. Yeah, both had previous connections, but not as manager and possibly not deep enough.

Not sure where Rangers go from here, but there is two routes really. One is to go for someone with Rangers connections and appease the fans short term and carry on the merry go round Or, they get serious and go for a top top coach in the way Celtic did with Rogers first time round and be transformative.

As an opposition fan, I'd rather the former and would fear the latter.

I think either way, Rangers would need to get it right as the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are getting their acts together and as it stands, closing the gap and while Celtic aren't quite there, they are still a level ahead. 

31 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I suppose the counter to that argument would be that Rangers have/should have a big enough squad to cope with the injuries given the guaranteed European game and even if a massive injury list, arguably one of the most equipt and successful youth academies.

I'd say from an outside in view that Beale has had a mix of injuries and poor recruitment that may well do him in. Arguably bar Butland and Danilo before his injury, the summer signings haven't worked, not sure if that is fair to say or not?

I'd say that Beale, like Van Bronkhorst before him didn't have enough capital with the rangers fans to allow for an extended blip. Yeah, both had previous connections, but not as manager and possibly not deep enough.

Not sure where Rangers go from here, but there is two routes really. One is to go for someone with Rangers connections and appease the fans short term and carry on the merry go round Or, they get serious and go for a top top coach in the way Celtic did with Rogers first time round and be transformative.

As an opposition fan, I'd rather the former and would fear the latter.

I think either way, Rangers would need to get it right as the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are getting their acts together and as it stands, closing the gap and while Celtic aren't quite there, they are still a level ahead. 

I’d agree with most of this bar the GVB bit. For whatever reason I don’t think he was financially backed in the transfer market the same way MB has been.

GVB took a team nearing the end of its life and largely just had to deal with the deck of cards he was given. MB has been allowed a wholesale restructure that just hasn’t worked for him. 

8 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I’d agree with most of this bar the GVB bit. For whatever reason I don’t think he was financially backed in the transfer market the same way MB has been.

GVB took a team nearing the end of its life and largely just had to deal with the deck of cards he was given. MB has been allowed a wholesale restructure that just hasn’t worked for him. 

Neither of them were really given the investment I thought they’d get. I think our net spend was less than £3m this season and under Gio we never let him spend a penny after he secured CL qualification which was madness.

That’s not to say Beale wasn’t backed per se, but it just seems to have been largely funded from outgoings which kind of went against his comments last season where he was expecting a significant budget.

Edited by AJF

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

Neither of them were really given the investment I thought they’d get. I think our net spend was less than £3m this season and under Gio we never let him spend a penny after he secured CL qualification which was madness.

That’s not to say Beale wasn’t backed per se, but it just seems to have been largely funded from outgoings which kind of went against his comments last season where he was expecting a significant budget.

Thats how Celtic operate too, you need to sell to be able to spend mate however I do recall conversations about our net spend being genuinely disregarded when there were conversations around our level of investment particularly when Ange was in charge.

Fact is Beale has done a Lenny and bought expensive dross like we did with Ajeti and Barkas and like Lenny it’s going to cost him his job

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Thats how Celtic operate too, you need to sell to be able to spend mate however I do recall conversations about our net spend being genuinely disregarded when there were conversations around our level of investment particularly when Ange was in charge.

Fact is Beale has done a Lenny and bought expensive dross like we did with Ajeti and Barkas and like Lenny it’s going to cost him his job

Oh I don’t disagree, the recruitment seems to have been very poor in the summer, Butland aside.

What I was getting at though is the level of spending didn’t match up what we thought we’d be getting. I’m sure Beale mentioned at the tail end of last season he’d have a significant amount of funds made available to him which was before any outgoings could be accounted for. I wouldn’t regard £3m as significant relative to our squad, hence the net spend comment. It wasn’t to claim that our squad was weakened due to loss of talent which is what our previous net spend debates have been about regarding Celtic.

44 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

100% agree. 

Not directing this at anyone on here at all but at the time I didn't think Gio was great but it was beyond obvious the board didn't back him and it's quite irritating that some of the guys that were slavering over Beale when Gio was the manager are now acting like he wasn't backed and are rewriting how they acted towards him... I always thought Beale in the directors box was extremely disrespectful. 

Get him to f**k as soon as possible whilst we still have Europe and the cups to have a crack at.