Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Gerrard got time to build a team but winning the league and then making it to a European cup final the following year has raised expectations amongst a lot of the fans.  

He definitely needs a few seasons as we're not going to get instant success.

I'd be concerned at the involvement of Souness, it suggests to me that there is very little by way of football nous and contacts in the Ibrox Boardroom.  Relying on the advice of someone whose self-regard was always in excess of his managerial abilities is not without risk.

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'd be concerned at the involvement of Souness, it suggests to me that there is very little by way of football nous and contacts in the Ibrox Boardroom.  Relying on the advice of someone whose self-regard was always in excess of his managerial abilities is not without risk.

From what Rangers have said, he seems to have been involved in the interview panel rather than identify the targets. I’d be surprised (and concerned, as you mention) if Rangers have hired Clement on the back of Souness’ recommendation alone.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

From what Rangers have said, he seems to have been involved in the interview panel rather than identify the targets. I’d be surprised (and concerned, as you mention) if Rangers have hired Clement on the back of Souness’ recommendation alone.

Maybe he was just there to convey the footwear expectations?

6 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

It must be a worry for staunch Ibrox fans that only 2.3% of Belgians identify as Protestant. 

Probably less of a worry for us compared to fans of other clubs seeing as the potential religion of our new signings/managers is brought up more by them than us 😅

2 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Hopefully this guy is another disastrous appointment for this horrid abomination of a club. 
Sickening to see these sectarian bigots positively rejoice when our national team lose. 

Must have caused them some angst given who we were cheated by, although the Oranje referee pleading fealty to King Phillip in the most literal sense may have salved them.