Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

25 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

How bad have ye fucked it with Ibrox?

There are loads of rumours saying it could be a whole season 😂.

The best of it is, normally with large value/volume commercial contracts like this there would be legal clauses that would mean the supplier would incur any charges that the delay in delivery caused the intended recipient ie. Cost to hire Murrayfield but it doesn’t sound like Rangers have written that into the contract.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

There are loads of rumours saying it could be a whole season 😂.

The best of it is, normally with large value/volume commercial contracts like this there would be legal clauses that would mean the supplier would incur any charges that the delay in delivery caused the intended recipient ie. Cost to hire Murrayfield but it doesn’t sound like Rangers have written that into the contract.

Where’s this coming from?

16 minutes ago, bennett said:

The silence from the club would suggest that we're up the creek....

Tend to agree with this. I was expecting a further update following the fixture release but the lack of anything of substance makes you worry 

Been dipping into this subject on RM and FF during the past week or so as, lets be honest....for everyone else this is quite funny, and I'm getting the impression there's not a single Rangers fan that's ever tried to travel into Edinburgh during August.

Surely close to a 0% chance anyone's allowing a Rangers "Home" game at Murrayfield during the festival. Particularly at the weekend, 75% of the trains don't even stop at most of the stations on the way there as they are rammed full as it is. I can't see anyone sanctioning the addition of 50,000 Rangers fans' return trip into that scenario.

Would you even want to? Not a hope you'd all get there even close to being on time for the game. Absolute carnage for a whole list of reasons.

Edited by Al B

9 minutes ago, Al B said:

Been dipping into this subject on RM and FF during the past week or so as, lets be honest....for everyone else this is quite funny, and I'm getting the impression there's not a single Rangers fan that's ever tried to travel into Edinburgh during August.

Surely close to a 0% chance anyone's allowing a Rangers "Home" game at Murrayfield during the festival. Particularly at the weekend, 75% of the trains don't even stop at most of the stations on the way there as they are rammed full as it is. I can't see anyone sanctioning the addition of 50,000 Rangers fans' return trip into that scenario.

Would you even want to? Not a hope you'd all get there even close to being on time for the game. Absolute carnage for a whole list of reasons.

Celtic played a Champions League game against Legia Warsaw at Murrayfield during the festival.

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Celtic played a Champions League game against Legia Warsaw at Murrayfield during the festival.

And if Rangers' August fixtures were also at quarter to 8 on a Wednesday evening, then it might well be doable. 50,000 already pissed-off Rangers fans going from Glasgow to Edinburgh for a game at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, and back again afterwards, during the Edinburgh Festival? I can't see anyone going near that as a viable option.

We missed a show at the Fringe last year because 3 consecutive trains passed and didn't stop as they were completely full. Trying to get the full Ibrox home crowd there and back again surely wouldn't even be possible?

Edited by Al B

24 minutes ago, Al B said:

And if Rangers' August fixtures were also at quarter to 8 on a Wednesday evening, then it might well be doable. 50,000 already pissed-off Rangers fans going from Glasgow to Edinburgh for a game at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, and back again afterwards, during the Edinburgh Festival? I can't see anyone going near that as a viable option.

We missed a show at the Fringe last year because 3 consecutive trains passed and didn't stop as they were completely full. Trying to get the full Ibrox home crowd there and back again surely wouldn't even be possible?

Must be somewhere between very unlikely and impossible that league games at Murrayfield will happen.  Reversing fixtures is surely the only option.  

The difference between this and the Celtic game in 2014 is that the latter was agreed a long time in advance, allowing for planning with the police.  Presumably no planning has taken place for this bolt from the (light) blue.  To make matters worse Rangers will have two home games to sort out in August, whereas Celtic only had one.

36 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Must be somewhere between very unlikely and impossible that league games at Murrayfield will happen.  Reversing fixtures is surely the only option.  

The difference between this and the Celtic game in 2014 is that the latter was agreed a long time in advance, allowing for planning with the police.  Presumably no planning has taken place for this bolt from the (light) blue.  To make matters worse Rangers will have two home games to sort out in August, whereas Celtic only had one.

Neil Doncaster is on the case, it'll be fine. 

I suppose it would depend when the return fixture would be. Would it then mean that team would have a run of away games? Or would they miss out on a home game during the festive season? I’ve no idea who you’re meant to play, so don’t know if this would be the case. 

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

If it is determined that Murrayfield is unsuitable, what is the issue in regards to fixtures potentially being reversed given there is already a precedent for it happening?

I would imagine sporting integrity might come in to it. A team having a whole string of home or away fixtures 

11 minutes ago, olliethedug said:

I suppose it would depend when the return fixture would be. Would it then mean that team would have a run of away games? Or would they miss out on a home game during the festive season? I’ve no idea who you’re meant to play, so don’t know if this would be the case. 

10 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

I would imagine sporting integrity might come in to it. A team having a whole string of home or away fixtures 

And if the impacted teams are willing to accommodate the change (as I am assuming they were in the Hearts example)?

It’s quite evidently an issue caused by ourselves, and the two instances are almost identical (stadium improvement works over-running due to a f**k up by said club). But if clubs are willing to swap the fixtures (this is, of course, hypothetical) then I don’t see where a lot of the stubbornness we’re seeing (not too much on here, I may add) comes from.

We’ve already established due to the earlier precedent set that it wouldn’t be a case of the SPFL bending over to accommodate Rangers as was previously suggested.