Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, thekorean said:

What exactly could Rangers fans have done to save Oldco? I don't get it. 

Probably not much to be honest , Murray knew the whole thing was fukt and sold it for a Quid sterling to a" Billionaire" who was left with 2 large tax bills..The rest is history (the debt ,,not the history obviously )..

10 minutes ago, gastropod said:

Probably not much to be honest , Murray knew the whole thing was fukt and sold it for a Quid sterling to a" Billionaire" who was left with 2 large tax bills..The rest is history (the debt ,,not the history obviously )..

Yea. The hole was way too deep. 

If it was 9 digit figure then maybe Portsmouth esque supporters group takeover would have been possible.

Yea. The hole was way too deep. 
If it was 9 digit figure then maybe Portsmouth esque supporters group takeover would have been possible.

I don't think anyone disputes that it was too late for the fans to do much in 2012. The point is that there were warnings for years and no one bothered to question the club. There was an attitude that there was no chance Rangers could go bust and anyone who suggested otherwise was laughed at and mocked.

Rangers fans are now repeating the exact same mistakes today. They are fucked again and administration is just around the corner. Instead of doing something about it now, they would rather lap up Kings statements and the multi million pound signings while shouting WATP louder than ever before. Evidence of this attitude is all over this very thread.

The ironic thing is that Rangers fans call us "obsessed" yet their own clubs "obsession" with stopping Celtic winning 10 IAR is what will end up finishing them off for good. Someone needs to walk in there and tell them to forget about Celtic and start concentrating on Rangers (even if it means Celtic stroll to 10 IAR). The plan should be long term survival on a self sustainable financial model. Then success will naturally follow for a club of that size.

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Funny how when they all started communicating with each other nobody could agree on anything and they all realised that they were are all just p***ks.

I imagine all the arguing was resolved in an online reconciliation of typing FTP and WATP back at each other though.

Your such an angry wee fella . Christ my club "died" and I don't moan as much as you . 

Edited by Forever_blueco

19 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Is this fucking King cnut for real, his latest comments are loudicrous . He's clearly a no righter.....

You gotta love this quote from him.

And he added that the "real beneficiary was the Murray Group".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34118126

Please, please anyone? can anyone point out in the link above a single solitary person in the EBT recipient list who isn't linked to Rangers FC that had taken a single payment/loan from the EBT scheme?

This is the sort of shit The Rangers fans are lapping up without actually verifying first whether or not the shameless glib & notorious liar is telling porkies. Not one single person in that EBT recipient list is connected solely to The Murray Group at all, they all have some connection to the club be it either player, staff or director.

King speaks, The Rangers fans react without thinking first. Fucking idiots to a man at times.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34118126
Please, please anyone? can anyone point out in the link above a single solitary person in the EBT recipient list who isn't linked to Rangers FC that had taken a single payment/loan from the EBT scheme?
This is the sort of shit The Rangers fans are lapping up without actually verifying first whether or not the shameless glib & notorious liar is telling porkies. Not one single person in that EBT recipient list is connected solely to The Murray Group at all, they all have some connection to the club be it either player, staff or director.
King speaks, The Rangers fans react without thinking first. Fucking idiots to a man at times.

That's clearly not what he meant. He meant that MG had to put in less money to pay for players they were getting anyway.

It is still a shite argument.

He is still a liar and convicted fraudster.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

That's clearly not what he meant. He meant that MG had to put in less money to pay for players they were getting anyway.

It is still a shite argument.

He is still a liar and convicted fraudster.

It's a pathetic attempt to distort the actual fact it isn't about EBT's any more, it's about Rangers FC breaking association rules & regulations not by administrative error but by wilful intent.

22 hours ago, bennett said:

Some good news, Robbie Mourinho is apparently trying to sign Rob Kiernan.

I guess you are referring to the Head Coach who left Rangers in his wake to win the Championship a couple of years ago.

21 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Tynecastle FC lol

Had three 1st teamers playing along side the U20's that made up that team. Scotland's favourite football comedy just keeps on giving. Who ever comes up with fresh new material every season should be given some honour for the quality of the scripts. Season 5 and still going strong.

I would now fear for a Rangers Colt team being allowed to play against even Lowland League opposition, .......no I wouldn't, I'm now looking forward to this mini series/spin off :lol: