Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Only in Scotland would a sevcoverdraft cause such a fuss.

On the contrary, an overdraft is a perfectly legitimate way of managing working capital.

Only in Scotland however would it be seen as some sort of celebration that they would be granted such a facility.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

On the contrary, an overdraft is a perfectly legitimate way of managing working capital.

Only in Scotland however would it be seen as some sort of celebration that they would be granted such a facility.

A quick check of social media shows differently, the reaction to this is completely ott.

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Yes, that is correct.

HTH.

You said, "loan securitised on assets - Bad thing".   Really?  Yet £10s of billions of financing annually  in the SME sector is in the form of structured loans.  In the domestic market, "loan securitised on assets" dominates every other form of lending. 

I assume you'll follow your own logic and never take out a mortgage and advise anyone you know that mortgages are a bad thing.  I assume, too, that if you know anyone involved in a small company that offers a business-owner's guarantee in order to gain banking facilities that they are in the wrong as structured finance is a bad thing.

The alternative to structured finance is unsecured debt and I am amazed, given your close interest in all things Sevco and given our club's history, that you regard this as the better option.  Or maybe you are just every diddy and leave your brain behind in order to post gallery-pleasing tripe.

10 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

As someone who longs to see evidence of bad stuff for Rangers, I'm afraid I'm struggling to understand the reactions that see this as just that.

I get that having a bank account maybe isn't any great coup for Rangers, but how exactly is it bad?  Are people suggesting that the banking outfit isn't reputable, or that it's evidence that the internal loans they've been relying on are drying up at source, and they're needing more?

Genuinely a bit baffled.  Could someone provide an idiot's guide to what this signals please?  I'm very keen to join in the mockery, but would rather have a handle on what I'm mocking.

Genuinely a bit baffled.  Could someone provide an idiot's guide to what this signals please?  I'm very keen to join in the mockery, but would rather have a handle on what I'm mocking.

Do you not think that they feel need to announce this a some sort of major financial coup as all a bit well...dreadful?

9 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Do you not think that they feel need to announce this a some sort of major financial coup as all a bit well...dreadful?

Is that happening?  Where is the fanfare?

Looking at the "Let's all Laugh" thread, it seems that this is maybe a lender for those needing to raise funds less conventionally, but I don't mind admitting that I'm clueless on such matters, so I don't know how much wishful thinking or otherwise, lies behind some readings of this.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Is that happening?  Where is the fanfare?  

Looking at the "Let's all Laugh" thread, it seems that this is maybe a lender for those needing to raise funds less conventionally, but I don't mind admitting that I'm clueless on such matters, so I don't know how much wishful thinking or otherwise, lies behind some readings of this.

Their MD Stewart Robertson is positively euphoric about this proposition. And is touting all sorts of new revenue streams with this free money.

It's so diddy it's funny. The fans will lap it up of course, as great strides of progress to the top, where they belong. WATP

5 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Their MD Stewart Robertson is positively euphoric about this proposition. And is touting all sorts of new revenue streams with this free money.

It's so diddy it's funny. The fans will lap it up of course, as great strides of progress to the top, where they belong. WATP

So it doesn't represent bad news for Rangers then?

It's just not especially good news either?

Is that it?  That's somewhat disappointing.

Time will tell. What we do know is, they've a history of spending wisely, and are very shrewd and astute operators when it comes to protecting the club/company [delete as appropriate] future.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You say disappointing, I say meh....

6 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

I suspect The_Kincardine is actually a Jim Traynor alias.

I have commented on the possible comparison before as we are both Airdrie-born Rangers supporters - but I have (some) hair left and would never read the DR far less write for it.

So what's your view on the wee Pooh bloke's  "loan securitised on assets - Bad thing" statement, Ken?  I'm guessing you've probably had a mortgage at some point so would agree that he's talking bollocks.