Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

48 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

There's nothing wrong with wanting scottish teams to do well in Europe. As an Ayr Fan, I'm not going to see them in Europe anytime soon :-) 

Just wishing all scottish teams in Europe good luck. 

Only a matter time mate seeing as in another thread you said Ayr are currently the 3rd strongest team in Scotland. 

21 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Tricky for me to comment, bud, as I've been upbraided this evening for using the word 'Greek'   How are you with a new Gers bottom?

You weren't "upbraided " for using the word Greek

You were called out on the fact you think it's acceptable to equate Catholics with peadophiles

Edited by Bandstand

fair play to rangers, that will keep the lights on a bit longer!

all joking aside i didnt really rate the boy. didnt see a huge amount of him but he never seemed to consistently perform. perhaps 1 decent half hour every few games. the figures quoted are unreal

4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

So Rangers sold a guy who scored 18 goals last year but have kept Andy Halliday?  I'm sure that makes sense in someone's mind

Did any other team offer a fee for Andy?

Besides for a player who cost us around £50k to buy, I'm sure that Sevco have made a nice weekend profit.

If Josh Windass was half the player Josh Windass reckons he is.

Average player who we have done exceptionally well to sell for more or less the same amount as wonderkid McGinn and we don’t have to give St Mirren 30% of the transfer fee 

Would have liked to have kept Declan John but he knew we wasn’t going to be even 2nd choice so has left instead of hanging around stealing a wage.

Got to be exceptionally pleased with our dealings in the transfer market. Hopefully 1 or 2 top quality signings still to come in on loan from England 

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

If Josh Windass was half the player Josh Windass reckons he is.

Average player who we have done exceptionally well to sell for more or less the same amount as wonderkid McGinn and we don’t have to give St Mirren 30% of the transfer fee 

Would have liked to have kept Declan John but he knew we wasn’t going to be even 2nd choice so has left instead of hanging around stealing a wage.

Got to be exceptionally pleased with our dealings in the transfer market. Hopefully 1 or 2 top quality signings still to come in on loan from England 

33% , get it right.

10 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

That’s a fairly good looking kit you have this season, especially with the blue shorts like last night.

Still a bunch of c***s though.

The blue shorts is a European thing.  I think if your shorts are white and clash at all with the opposition, they make you change them.

I hate it.

8 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

You certainly won a watch with that one. I take it you will also get 33% of any add ons that are included in the deal?

Yeah it was a good deal for us , but only one that we deserved.  John McGinn was with us from when he was a kid. If you think about all that investment of time , coaching etc , I think we got a decent return on a good player.

As for the future add-ons,  I'm pretty sure it's 33% of those also. 

It can't be cheap running our academy,  so this kind of return will go a long way.

On 10/08/2018 at 13:54, KnightswoodBear said:

The blue shorts is a European thing.  I think if your shorts are white and clash at all with the opposition, they make you change them.

I hate it.

I have mixed feelings.  I much prefer us with blue shirt, white shorts and FB socks whenever possible.  However, Thursday's kit has a long history:

On 10/08/2018 at 13:59, Forest of Dean said:

This kid is a total boss.

Fucks his shoulder and looked like he was coming off. Then gets up, plays on and scores with said shoulder ^_^

He is absolutely brilliant - and is only going to get better.  Possibly Gerard's best signing (on loan)?  Still, can't wait to see Borna Bear tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I have mixed feelings.  I much prefer us with blue shirt, white shorts and FB socks whenever possible.  However, Thursday's kit has a long history:

Blue shorts in Manchester against Zenit too, was it not?  

With red faces of course.

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

He is absolutely brilliant - and is only going to get better.  Possibly Gerard's best signing (on loan)?  Still, can't wait to see Borna Bear tomorrow.

I'm hoping he starts tomorrow. Didn't want Lafferty but sounds like he is coming. Could be someone to thrive of Borna's and Tav's crosses :whistle