Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Hearing rumours of a swap deal, Halkett for Hardie? Both out of contract in the summer but Rangers would be due compo for Hardie. Probably a good deal for both clubs

Hardie is never going to make it at Rangers but Livi fans seem to rate him.

Id never have let Halkett go in the first place. Decent squad player who will only get better.

Real no lose for Rangers 

6 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

Rangers fans reacting like they've signed Messi.     

Imagine getting rid of Kenny Miller because he's passed it, and then signing Defoe!    

They let Miller go aged 38. Defoe is 34. That's a big difference, specially for a forward.  He will be good for them. When I've seen them, they play a lot of tidy, possession  football up to about 25 yards out but nobody takes the shot on. Defoe will.

2 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

Yeah but that's not what I said

...and that's because it's almost identical.    Kenny Miller's is just slightly better.   

I'd be happy to take a £10,000 charity bet Kenny Miller ( utterly passed it ) scorer a higher proportion of goals for Dundee in the 2nd half of the season than Jermain Defore ( utterly passed it ) does for Rangers?    

Put up or shut up.   

Challenging someone to bet ten grand online :lol:

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

They let Miller go aged 38. Defoe is 34. That's a big difference, specially for a forward.  He will be good for them. When I've seen them, they play a lot of tidy, possession  football up to about 25 yards out but nobody takes the shot on. Defoe will.

Defoe's nearly 37 and isn't anywhere nearly as fit as Miller.  

...and that's because it's almost identical.    Kenny Miller's is just slightly better.   

I'd be happy to take a £10,000 charity bet Kenny Miller ( utterly passed it ) scorer a higher proportion of goals for Dundee in the 2nd half of the season than Jermain Defore ( utterly passed it ) does for Rangers?    
Put up or shut up.   

Comparing like for like performances at the same level (ie the EPL), their goals to games ratio is wildly different ya crackpot. I’m not sure how I can improve upon that illustration.

4 in the last 2 years ?

Pretty sure you would have taken him though if available to bolster your forward line. Big Kris Boyd finished the league’s top scorer in his last full season with Killie at the age of 34. Even with 2 years on him, you’d hope that Defoe would be just as predatory in the box.

No guarantees, but looking forward to watching how it pans out for him.

28 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Comparing like for like performances at the same level (ie the EPL), their goals to games ratio is wildly different 

Miller played as a winger in a 451 for possibly the worst team the EPL has ever seen.     

I'm fairly sure he could have been 1:3 playing forward for a better team.   A team like Spurs.   

The signings of Defoe and Davies reeks of desperation, at this rate Gerrard will be registering himself as he attempt to get Rangers out of this mess he created.   

Miller played as a winger in a 451 for possibly the worst team the EPL has ever seen.     
I'm fairly sure he could have been 1:3 playing forward for a better team.   A team like Spurs.   

The signings of Defoe and Davies reeks of desperation, at this rate Gerrard will be registering himself as he attempt to get Rangers out of this mess he created.   

Yet a number of football pundits have heralded the signing of Defoe (Redknapp Snr and the celebrated expert Christopher Sutton to name but two). As for Davis, a 34 year old with well over a hundred international caps being a desperate signature, aye we’ll take your word for it Billy.

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

Yet a number of football pundits have heralded the signing of Defoe (Redknapp Snr and the celebrated expert Christopher Sutton to name but two). As for Davis, a 34 year old with well over a hundred international caps being a desperate signature, aye we’ll take your word for it Billy.

Davis was brilliant during his first term at Rangers, some of his European performance were absolutely outstanding.    But he's lost the pace and is absolutely not what Rangers need.     
You already have Dorrans, Arfield, Jack.    

It's like all Rangers fans have forgot what they were moaning about 2 games ago - which they cannot break down teams which sit tight.    Defoe and Davis won't help this.  

Gerrard has 1 window to save his job and he's blowing it.  

Davis was brilliant during his first term at Rangers, some of his European performance were absolutely outstanding.    But he's lost the pace and is absolutely not what Rangers need.     
You already have Dorrans, Arfield, Jack.    

It's like all Rangers fans have forgot what they were moaning about 2 games ago - which they cannot break down teams which sit tight.    Defoe and Davis won't help this.  

Gerrard has 1 window to save his job and he's blowing it.  

^^^ Absolute pisschat as per.

Davis might’ve lost a bit of pace with age but he’s no slouch.

He’s also has a more direct style and is fit as a fiddle which the perma-injured Dorrans isn’t.

Again, he’s more direct and attack minded than Jack who is predominantly a holding midfielder, so there’s no comparison there either.

Perhaps a few similarities to Arfield’s style, but also to Candeias so gives options for rotation and keeping players fresh.

Defoe... If teams sit tight and defend, then Defoe is a great option. As has been seen numerous times over the years, sometimes he just needs a slight glimpse of goal a will fire in a rocket from 20-odd yards quite happily.

I saw Defoe play, in person,  last season when Bournemouth visited Crystal Palace. He scored 2 (one an absolute screamer) and generally looked sharp as a tack.

Even if he has degraded slightly from then he’s a fucking far superior player to most in this league...unfortunately. 

11 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Hmmm, I’m not sure what do you think, it’s an awful lot of money eh!?
F*ck the charity bet though, what’s in it for me??

Just go for a £10'000 personal bet, f**k the charity.

How can you lose?