Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

13 hours ago, thepundit said:

What other footballers have an MBE or an OBE?

That's 4 at the club already so I just want to get a head start on who we might be signing.

Davis, Defoe (OBE), McAuley, McAllister and Stevie?

We're up to our knees in MBE's...

Can someone let me know which day the new Rangers going bust will be announced, just so I can pack a freezer bag for work, as I will laugh myself to the point of vomiting half my essential organs and would like to preserve them for medical science.

I think a new rule is needed to require any potential new signings for Scottish clubs to be fully vetted by P&B before the signing can take place. 

3 minutes ago, nsr said:

Can someone let me know which day the new Rangers going bust will be announced, just so I can pack a freezer bag for work, as I will laugh myself to the point of vomiting half my essential organs and would like to preserve them for medical science.

Trust me to take care of it, mate.  I'll ensure there's a walnut-sized cold pack for your brain  and a chest freezer for your gargantuan spleen, which has been overly vented on the Rangers threads.

9 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
40 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
Davis, Defoe (OBE), McAuley, McAllister and Stevie?
We're up to our knees in MBE's...

Dodgy apostrophe alert.

Good to see you again, young man.  I'll glide over your faux pas.

Where is there a nice place to eat out in Hamilton?  I've had to go there a lot recently and my sister/BiL have taken me to such places as Spice, The Red Barn, Leanardo's and Carrigan's.  They are all kind-of ok but each has a menu the size of a novel so you know it's not the best.

Is there a local restaurant in Hamilton with a simple menu where you know that what you're getting served is what has been freshly prepared that day or do I have to go in to Glasgow for that?

Petruccio's is probably the best restaurant in Hamilton, but the chef and owner are the one person so it's never guaranteed to be open and the menu's always changing.
I was recently at Regale. I'd say it fits your description too.
Eataliano, Il Capriccio and Rocca are all perfectly fine, if unspectacular.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Petruccio's is probably the best restaurant in Hamilton, but the chef and owner are the one person so it's never guaranteed to be open and the menu's always changing.

You not recommending your previous workplace? After all they did for you as well!

31 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Thanks bud.  I'm back again next week and just want to avoid places which accept a Groupon code.

No mention of Kamara from Dundee and Jones from Killy signing contracts for next season?  I can't say I'm especially excited by either but given that I'd have shipped Alfie and Halliday at the end of last season and laughed at the re-signing of Greegs you can see why I'm smoking roll-ups in a 4 apartment flat in High Wycombe rather than wearing a Hummel jacket with TK initialed on the left breast in the Ibrox dugout.

Still, after the idiocy of the fleecy fans running about Aberdeen looking for a square go with Ryan Jack for the crime of going out for a pint, we have the Killy drones spitting the dummy because of Jones being happy that he's off to a bigger club.  This recording of The Pie Muncher in Chief  is as embarrassing as it is amusing:

Bazza not quite getting how a pre contract works. 

Around 5 or 6 years ago he was in the papers begging celtic fans to come to Rugby Park, they'd be better off with Gordy Sawers representing them.

In other news, it looks like the SFA may have pulled a fast one.

have been told that, in the aftermath of Collum’s controversial decision in Paisley, the whistler admitted to Whyte he may have called it wrong when he issued Candeias with a second yellow card after an off the ball clash with St Mirren defender Anton Ferdinand.

But, according to our sources, Collum was then shocked when the SFA subsequently claimed the ref had spotted Candeias making gestures to Ferdinand moments before the defender grabbed him in a head lock"

42 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

No mention of Kamara from Dundee and Jones from Killy signing contracts for next season?  I can't say I'm especially excited by either but given that I'd have shipped Alfie and Halliday at the end of last season and laughed at the re-signing of Greegs you can see why I'm smoking roll-ups in a 4 apartment flat in High Wycombe rather than wearing a Hummel jacket with TK initialed on the left breast in the Ibrox dugout.

Still, after the idiocy of the fleecy fans running about Aberdeen looking for a square go with Ryan Jack for the crime of going out for a pint, we have the Killy drones spitting the dummy because of Jones being happy that he's off to a bigger club.  This recording of The Pie Muncher in Chief  is as embarrassing as it is amusing:

Nothing particularly daft in what the fella says.

The pre-contract thing within a division is problematic, particularly when the clubs concerned are close together in the table.  It is what it is though and has now been in place for a while.  

It's a separate argument, but it makes a nonsense of the one that says loaned players can no longer play against their parent club, lest they be conflicted.  What could be more of a conflict than Jones' situation should a crunch game emerge?

His comments about Jones' classless and contemptuous social media behaviour are utterly valid.  The player is obviously entitled to be pleased about his impending move, but should keep his mouth publicly shut on the matter while still a Kilmarnock player.  Really poor stuff.   

If It hastens the switch, it's pretty cynical and sickening.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

His comments about Jones' classless and contemptuous social media behaviour are utterly valid.  The player is obviously entitled to be pleased about his impending move, but should keep his mouth publicly shut on the matter while still a Kilmarnock player.  Really poor stuff.   

Don't be daft.  A fan of a club happy to being signing for said club?  When did this notion go out of fashion?

33 minutes ago, bennett said:

In other news, it looks like the SFA may have pulled a fast one.

have been told that, in the aftermath of Collum’s controversial decision in Paisley, the whistler admitted to Whyte he may have called it wrong when he issued Candeias with a second yellow card after an off the ball clash with St Mirren defender Anton Ferdinand.

But, according to our sources, Collum was then shocked when the SFA subsequently claimed the ref had spotted Candeias making gestures to Ferdinand moments before the defender grabbed him in a head lock"

That's staggering if true. As much as refs have been making mistakes, the SFA seem more than happy to make even worse decisions with the knowledge that refs will face the full brunt of the criticism.