Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I have a complete blindspot re Lafferty, Rab.  BUT I'd like to see us try  a 442 against Killy with Morelos and Defoe up front and Jack, Arfield, Davis and Candeias in the middle of the park.  We have to do something different to get away from December's torpor.

Jack, Davis & Arfield in the middle, Big Lafferty, Defoe & Morelos up front. How does that look? We’ve enough permutations across the back to compete with most sides, and irrespective of how sometimes we look so solid yet vulnerable in defence, I’ll take a 3-2 win any-day![emoji6] You’re right, if we want anything out of this year, we may as well take some chances and do something different. 60/40 possession tip-tap across the middle of the park doesn’t hit the mark.

As an aside, Rab, with the diddies writing threads abouts threads about one of our players not getting cited by the CO, this is something to cheer one up in a fucking cauld early-morning Lanarkshire:
defoe.jpg.771c0c8879e95013bcaa9a1005eb84ae.jpg

I couldn’t give a flying fu*k to most of the posters on here Kinc(with a couple of exceptions worth reading) with regards to our match threads. I find it difficult to recognise who most of them really support tbh. Won’t be at the Cup game, but can’t wait for the trip to Rugby Pk.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

As an aside, Rab, with the diddies writing threads abouts threads about one of our players not getting cited by the CO, this is something to cheer one up in a fucking cauld early-morning Lanarkshire:

defoe.jpg.771c0c8879e95013bcaa9a1005eb84ae.jpg

Sold on something after a meeting with Dave King?  He's not the first. 

Defoe will genuinely know nothing of the glib and shameless backdrop the rest of us are familiar with.

7 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

I couldn’t give a flying fu*k to most of the posters on here Kinc(with a couple of exceptions worth reading) with regards to our match threads. I find it difficult to recognise who most of them really support tbh. 

This rubbish again Rob?

It's utterly consistent to support a diddy side, while despising the OF.

Supporting Celtic AND Rangers makes more sense than supporting a diddy and nursing anything other than contemptuous resentment towards both.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This rubbish again Rob?

It's utterly consistent to support a diddy side, while despising the OF.

Supporting Celtic AND Rangers makes more sense than supporting a diddy and nursing anything other than contemptuous resentment towards both.

It's interesting that they've both actually turned into the beige cliche's they deride so much.

Rangers fans reacting like they've signed Messi.     

Imagine getting rid of Kenny Miller because he's passed it, and then signing Defoe!    

Nah, I don’t think anyone’s suggesting that, but approaching 500 games in the EPL & 160+ league goals puts a wee bit of distance between him and the much respected Kenny Miller. Pretty sure fans of most other Scottish Clubs would be enthused at the prospect of Defoe joining them.

35 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Nah, I don’t think anyone’s suggesting that, but approaching 500 games in the EPL & 160+ league goals puts a wee bit of distance between him and the much respected Kenny Miller. Pretty sure fans of most other Scottish Clubs would be enthused at the prospect of Defoe joining them.

Not sure Defoe would get a game for Dundee ahead of Miller tbh.    

And Defoe's scoring rate is impressive; with a ratio similar to when Kenny Miller played in England.   

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Celtic and Rangers have something closer to a love-hate twin sibling relationship than an actual footballing rivalry. They constantly want to get one up on each other but will always have each other's backs against anyone who dares to get in the way.

Not sure Defoe would get a game for Dundee ahead of Miller tbh.    
And Defoe's scoring rate is impressive; with a ratio similar to when Kenny Miller played in England.   

Hmm!? Kenny’s record in the EPL; 6 goals in 55 Apps. (1 in 9).
Defoe’s record in the EPL; 162 goals in 496 Appa (1 in 3).
Aye similar.

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Hmm!? Kenny’s record in the EPL; 6 goals in 55 Apps. (1 in 9).
Defoe’s record in the EPL; 162 goals in 496 Appa (1 in 3).
Aye similar.

Yeah but that's not what I said

3 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

...and that's because it's almost identical.    Kenny Miller's is just slightly better.   

I'd be happy to take a £10,000 charity bet Kenny Miller ( utterly passed it ) scorer a higher proportion of goals for Dundee in the 2nd half of the season than Jermain Defore ( utterly passed it ) does for Rangers?    

Put up or shut up.