Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Well, if you want to be pedantic about it then, yes! [emoji4]

Point was, I don't think many Rangers fans are obsessed with "stopping" anyone else from winning, be it 8 in a row or 10 in a row.  I think most of us just want Rangers to be successful.

Your fans watched as the old board ran the club into extinction trying to get one over Celtic.

The new board and fans aren't much different unfortunately*.

*or fortunately depending on your viewpoint.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would you continue to support Rangers if they spent within their means and never won another trophy, or would you demand overspending to try and get success?

Yes, I would continue to support the team. Bit of a daft question with an obvious answer, haha. (with the greatest of respect)

Nothing wrong with a bit of overspending either though, so long as the investment/risk pays off. (as it has done this season, and as it did do when Walter was given £18.5m when Le Guen left)

35 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Yes, I would continue to support the team. Bit of a daft question with an obvious answer, haha. (with the greatest of respect)

Nothing wrong with a bit of overspending either though, so long as the investment/risk pays off. (as it has done this season, and as it did do when Walter was given £18.5m when Le Guen left)

Sure did.

Image result for rangers rip

1 hour ago, thepundit said:

Monumental, galactic scale idiocy.

Fishing, surely...?

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Fishing, surely...?

Nah, if Rangers are happy to spend a little bit more now I can totally understand it. This is a commonly held view amongst most pundits. That said, suggestions Rangers need to spend £50m, £80m, £100m to catch Celtic are vastly inflated numbers. (as Rangers have proven by only spending about £10m in the summer on 10 signings)

But it was fairly obvious Rangers were going have to make losses before they can start bringing in a profit, especially if the club wants league trophies and champions league money.

19 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Nah, if Rangers are happy to spend a little bit more now I can totally understand it. This is a commonly held view amongst most pundits. That said, suggestions Rangers need to spend £50m, £80m, £100m to catch Celtic are vastly inflated numbers. (as Rangers have proven by only spending about £10m in the summer on 10 signings)

But it was fairly obvious Rangers were going have to make losses before they can start bringing in a profit, especially if the club wants league trophies and champions league money.

I think it's your comfort around the pre-liquidation spending that is exciting a reaction.

40 minutes ago, thepundit said:

If this was a fan of any other club (except maybe Dundee) I would say you are at it but I think you may be genuine.

12 hours ago, thepundit said:

That is just absolutely nonsense.  Rangers could have been making a profit on their Journey.  They certainly didn't have to spend the money they did to win the lower divisions.  A decent manager and a playing budget of £1/2m would, with a semi-competent manger, easily win the league.  The fact was that the club knew that the mirage had to be maintained rather than let the team on the park reflect the level the club was at.  £7,800,000 was the first team squad wages when they were in the old SFL Division 3,