Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Going for broke to get 55.

Sorry. Going broke to get 55.

I'm just not sure what thought process is in action when the answer to yesterdays game is "Spend a fortune on an inconsistent winger whose biggest contribution to football is hooking Scott Brown". Granted, that is a contribution many would love to lay claim to, but as far as his ability as a footballer goes he doesn't really offer a huge deal.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I'm just not sure what thought process is in action when the answer to yesterdays game is "Spend a fortune on an inconsistent winger whose biggest contribution to football is hooking Scott Brown". Granted, that is a contribution many would love to lay claim to, but as far as his ability as a footballer goes he doesn't really offer a huge deal.

He'll improve them and I do think he really came on to a game at the end of last season.

If they genuinely have £7m to spend then yesterday showed they'll need a lot more than Ryan Kent to win the league.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

He'll improve them and I do think he really came on to a game at the end of last season.

If they genuinely have £7m to spend then yesterday showed they'll need a lot more than Ryan Kent to win the league.

Flattered to deceive a lot from what I seen. His big asset was pace and he struggled against anyone who was able to prevent him from getting going. On yesterdays performance they need a centre half and a ball winner in the middle of the park long before they go for Ryan Kent.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Flattered to deceive a lot from what I seen. His big asset was pace and he struggled against anyone who was able to prevent him from getting going. On yesterdays performance they need a centre half and a ball winner in the middle of the park long before they go for Ryan Kent.

Don't think they can go for a CB as they've signed two in the summer. They've also signed two CM's. Surely even their fans would question that?

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Don't think they can go for a CB as they've signed two in the summer. They've also signed two CM's. Surely even their fans would question that?

And despite that they lost most 50/50s in the midfield and watched Celtic cut through them almost every time they got the ball in the second half.

The first goal showed again that Goldson isn't up to it, the second showed that Davis doesn't have the legs to play 90 minutes. Aribo shat it in a 60/40 against Brown which suggests despite having ability he will likely be bullied out the game up here if everyone sees him as a soft target, and the less said about the performances of Jack and Kamara the better. Aribo at least took a hit from Brown, the other two were bullied out the game by "notable hardmen" Ryan Christie and Callum McGregor.

Edited by Ross.

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Mate...c'mon.

Hahahaha.

5 minutes ago, Ross. said:

And despite that they lost most 50/50s in the midfield and watched Celtic cut through them almost every time they got the ball in the second half.

The first goal showed again that Goldson isn't up to it, the second showed that Davis doesn't have the legs to play 90 minutes. Aribo shat it in a 60/40 against Brown which suggests despite having ability he will likely be bullied out the game up here if everyone sees him as a soft target, and the less said about the performances of Jack and Kamara the better. Aribo at least took a hit from Brown, the other two were bullied out the game by "notable hardmen" Ryan Christie and Callum McGregor.

I agree with what you are saying (although I only saw the first half) but my point is that they've already made singings in these positions. A decent wage for three of the four plus fees for two of them. They enough personnel in those positions that they surely can't be going out for more.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think you’ll find Daryl Horgan did not punch Scott brown.

True.

Crazy that guys with a half decent left jab are now going for £7 million. I remember when you could get 2 world class operators who could deliver punishing body shots and had a great right hook, for that price.

Modern fitba eh ?

45 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

They've got about nine left wingers.

Just now, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

True.

Crazy that guys with a half decent left jab are now going for £7 million. I remember when you could get 2 world class operators who could deliver punishing body shots and had a great right hook, for that price.

Modern fitba eh ?

Just shows how much we should have got for Neil Simpson, invaluable when you think about it.