Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

4 minutes ago, Squonk said:

I'm confused as to whether Cortes, Igamane, Bajrami, Kasawanjiro, Nsiala, Cerny, Propper and Jefte came through your academy and much-vaunted B team, or if they're ingredients in an exotic curry?

Someone has borrowed Tam Cowans joke book.

5 minutes ago, Squonk said:

I'm confused as to whether Cortes, Igamane, Bajrami, Kasawanjiro, Nsiala, Cerny, Propper and Jefte came through your academy and much-vaunted B team, or if they're ingredients in an exotic curry?

Furriners with their funny names. Whit are they like, eh?

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

There’s a story today that rangers net spend this summer was close to £12m. 

Thats quite insane based on 1) how shit they are and 2) how they’ve been pleading poverty all summer. 

By far and away the biggest spenders. 

Their operating model is destined to fail if they do not make drastic changes. 

They spent way beyond their means in the 90’s to try and bury Celtic, fast forward 30 years and they spend way beyond their means trying to catch them. 

They hold onto players way too long and some of them that do have potential they utterly ruin such as Cantwell who was just 3 or 4 years ago a potential £40 million target for Villa.

They need to stop pretending they can compete with Celtic, get the operating model right for long term stability and then work on bridging that gap. If they don’t the good ship Sevco may be joining her big brother at the bottom of the sea.

4 hours ago, Squonk said:

Stop the boats!

28 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

some of them that do have potential they utterly ruin such as Cantwell who was just 3 or 4 years ago a potential £40 million target for Villa.

Rangers never ruined Cantwell, he's just an absolute fanny.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. He came up here damaged and they managed to get something out of him for a decent amount of time.

I remember the signing being slaughtered on here at the time.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That he is and maybe ruin is the incorrect or too strong a word but the transfer just didn’t make sense if you were going to allow the player who was already heavily criticised for his off field antics to come up here and continue that behaviour especially in Glasgow and especially when your not 1st.

All that happens is it costs you a lot of money, both club and the player look stupid and the player leaves tail between his legs with his confidence shot to shit

The Diallo loan was to a much lesser extent similar.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, it was very clear how it was going to end from early on despite his talent. Also clear that Scottish football wasn’t really where he wanted to be. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Their operating model is destined to fail if they do not make drastic changes. 

They spent way beyond their means in the 90’s to try and bury Celtic, fast forward 30 years and they spend way beyond their means trying to catch them. 

They hold onto players way too long and some of them that do have potential they utterly ruin such as Cantwell who was just 3 or 4 years ago a potential £40 million target for Villa.

They need to stop pretending they can compete with Celtic, get the operating model right for long term stability and then work on bridging that gap. If they don’t the good ship Sevco may be joining her big brother at the bottom of the sea.

They have backed themselves into a bit of a corner. Old firm mentality won’t allow them to actually do a rebuild properly which may get them a bit closer. Fans of most clubs like the idea of a project up until the difficult start, but your two clubs simply can’t cope with seeing the other win. 

You’re just in the lucky position that you don’t really have to. 

48 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That he is and maybe ruin is the incorrect or too strong a word but the transfer just didn’t make sense if you were going to allow the player who was already heavily criticised for his off field antics to come up here and continue that behaviour especially in Glasgow and especially when your not 1st.

All that happens is it costs you a lot of money, both club and the player look stupid and the player leaves tail between his legs with his confidence shot to shit

The Diallo loan was to a much lesser extent similar.

I don't recall any off field antics with Cantwell. 

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

They have backed themselves into a bit of a corner. Old firm mentality won’t allow them to actually do a rebuild properly which may get them a bit closer. Fans of most clubs like the idea of a project up until the difficult start, but your two clubs simply can’t cope with seeing the other win. 

You’re just in the lucky position that you don’t really have to. 

I think a longer term “rebuild” project is what we are looking at now, with Clement’s comments about not having a magic wand and his recent extended contract.

It seems like the board are putting faith in him to oversee a cost cutting exercise initially with a view to a longer term aim. Whether that comes to fruition I’m not so sure.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

I don't recall any off field antics with Cantwell. 

He probably means his TikTok account. And despite Kyogo putting out far more videos on there than Cantwell in his time at Rangers, there will probably be a reason as to why “that’s different”.

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

He probably means his TikTok account. And despite Kyogo putting out far more videos on there than Cantwell in his time at Rangers, there will probably be a reason as to why “that’s different”.

Are you for real??

Any objective observer - even a child - can see that there's a world of difference (and more importantly intent) between Todd Cantwell's social media posts and Kyogo Furuhashi's. One is a c**t of a bloke who has an overly inflated sense of his own insignificance, and the other is from someone brought up in an honorific culture which promotes individual contribution for the overall benefit of a wider objective.. See Daizen Maeda v James Tavernier for further evidence of the Japanese work ethic.

I generally like you as a poster AJF, but on this one your head is way up your own arse.

Edited by Barney Rubble

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

And an absolute fanny who’s played nearly 50 games in the English Premiership which is a level about 99% in Scotland will never achieve.

Which makes you think, why did he not just dial it down and concentrate on playing as there was/is clearly talent there !!!

20 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Are you for real??

Any objective observer - even a child - can see that there's a world of difference (and more importantly intent) between Todd Cantwell's social media posts and Kyogo Furuhashi's. One is a c**t of a bloke who has an overly inflated sense of his own insignificance, and the other is from someone brought up in an honorific culture which promotes individual contribution for the overall benefit of a wider objective.. See Daizen Maeda v James Tavernier for further evidence of the Japanese work ethic.

I generally like you as a poster AJF, but on this one your head is way up your own arse.

What? 😂

What has any kind of honorific culture (or lack of) got to do with two folk that put up videos doing silly dances.

47 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think a longer term “rebuild” project is what we are looking at now, with Clement’s comments about not having a magic wand and his recent extended contract.

It seems like the board are putting faith in him to oversee a cost cutting exercise initially with a view to a longer term aim. Whether that comes to fruition I’m not so sure.

I’ll believe it when I see it.