Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

According to the Spfl site none of the games that day are televised which is a little surprising.

I think the limit on the number of times you're allowed to show a game from a stadium might be behind that.

39 minutes ago, AJF said:

I've had a look through the last 4 seasons worth of Rangers and Aberdeen fixtures (for balance) during the festive period, and in these 4 seasons between the two clubs there have been 4 matches that were played on a weekday that wasn't a bank holiday and every one of these was played at 19:45.

I honestly can't remember this being a common occurrence in previous seasons and the last 4 season's worth of Festive period fixtures I've checked for Rangers and Aberdeen there wasn't a single one. That's not to say it NEVER happens but it certainly doesn't seem to be common.

I've been to mid week holiday season games at Pittodrie with 3pm kick offs.

Edit: happy to concede it's not happened as often lately though.

Edited by Merkland Red

Hard to work out exactly what the front line looks like for these next two games. I don't think I have as much faith as others in Roofe doing 2 games a week, obviously there's no Morelos too.

We have looked better this year when we've played with 2 forwards as part of the 3. The first choice set up reflects this in Kent-Morelos-Roofe, and I think the 2 forwards is a trend that Gerrard  is starting to create. Ross County away, for example, we started with both Morelos and Roofe and finished with Itten and Defoe.

With Arfield and Tavernier on the right, we don't really need a right winger. Whereas we do need Kent on the left with Barisic, because whoevers playing left side (Kamara) generally isn't getting forward enough to contribute.

Might be nothing, but I thought it was something worth watching for over the next few games. It's 4-4-2 in personnel, but 4-3-3 in shape.

Perhaps the next evolution is playing the midfield with Aribo - Davis/Zungu - Arfield and going with three narrow forwards when Kent needs a break? We've used the twin 8's a fair bit already this season, so it wouldn't require a huge amount of adjustment.

51 minutes ago, The DA said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-55329475

I can't believe TRIFCL would fix shirt prices.  They couldn't sell the fuckers until recently - what's to fix?

I read that 10 hours ago, PnB ain't what it used to be. At one time that would've had a few hundred posts by now.

4 hours ago, AJF said:

I'd say it was common if it fell on a bank holiday (Boxing Day, New Years/2nd January). Is it all that common for it to happen on a non-bank holiday on a weekday?

You have to remember, St Mirren are being investigated for cooking the books. This will be so they don't need the floodlights on too long, overtime costs etc. 

3 hours ago, G51 said:

Hard to work out exactly what the front line looks like for these next two games. I don't think I have as much faith as others in Roofe doing 2 games a week, obviously there's no Morelos too.

We have looked better this year when we've played with 2 forwards as part of the 3. The first choice set up reflects this in Kent-Morelos-Roofe, and I think the 2 forwards is a trend that Gerrard  is starting to create. Ross County away, for example, we started with both Morelos and Roofe and finished with Itten and Defoe.

With Arfield and Tavernier on the right, we don't really need a right winger. Whereas we do need Kent on the left with Barisic, because whoevers playing left side (Kamara) generally isn't getting forward enough to contribute.

Might be nothing, but I thought it was something worth watching for over the next few games. It's 4-4-2 in personnel, but 4-3-3 in shape.

Perhaps the next evolution is playing the midfield with Aribo - Davis/Zungu - Arfield and going with three narrow forwards when Kent needs a break? We've used the twin 8's a fair bit already this season, so it wouldn't require a huge amount of adjustment.

2 strikers - Roofe and Itten.

15 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

What’s the reason for the strip that is getting worn tonight? Looks like a retrospective homage to something of years ago but not sure what or why tonight.

Are they not sponsored by a rival betting company to Betfred? Probably got told to stuff their sponsor. Wouldn’t liked to have been the person to tell McGregor that he had to change his strip though.

Are they not sponsored by a rival betting company to Betfred? Probably got told to stuff their sponsor. Wouldn’t liked to have been the person to tell McGregor that he had to change his strip though.

Could well be the reason but all of the sponsors are missing hence why I thought it was something altogether different.

44 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Makes sense. Betfred sponsor the competition, one condition of which is no rival betting companies get to advertise. St Mirren in their usual strip.