Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Not sure if he has 800 mins at CB, but I'll make my last guess Ross McCrorie

54.2%.

Right season and initials though...

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

Martin then. That was a loan spell to forget.

A mighty 44.2% 😂

Was the worst in the database for a while which is why I remembered him. Must be a couple worse at other clubs as his ratings gone up, have to investigate that 😂

Scrap that, he's still the lowest.

Edited by RandomGuy.

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is Sticky Buns an often used reference to the Rangers team or support or is it a new one introduced by Welsh?

I’ve heard currant buns for years used by Celtic fans. Never heard sticky buns before but I suppose it does the same job.

It's interesting to me that there are people who claim to hate the OF due to sectarianism, then in the next sentence use terms like h** or f*****, or their associated slang terms.

First thing that always comes to my mind when I see that is that these people are fundamentally unserious about sectarianism and are only really interested in using it to point score. People with a genuine commitment to eradication wouldn't use those words.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Taking a quick look through Jack Simpson's data profile and this has me going "Hmmmmmm"

https://ibb.co/dP62DzB

Has a similar passing output to Connor Goldson, but taking a guy who can't win headers and putting him into the Scottish Premiership is... no bueno.

Wonder why they think we can get round that.

Could be a favour to an agent.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

It's interesting to me that there are people who claim to hate the OF due to sectarianism, then in the next sentence use terms like h** or f*****, or their associated slang terms.

Only **** think *** is sectarian. 

Our lead increased to 17 points clear and we haven't even played 😄 🦈

A nice wee safety net, I'm getting close to admitting that we might have a chance at winning the league this season. 

5 hours ago, G51 said:

First thing that always comes to my mind when I see that is that these people are fundamentally unserious about sectarianism and are only really interested in using it to point score. People with a genuine commitment to eradication wouldn't use those words.

Going to start this by saying I do agree with you and I try not to say *** or ****** although I no doubt have in the past, possibly even on here.

I think for most people, me anyway, there is a clear disconnect between those words and any sort of religious connotations and instead they are merely derogatory words to describe fans of the clubs themselves. It is very much a football only thing. Very much in the same way Aberdeen fans being refered to as sheep shaggers, for example.

The difference in other fans hating the OF because of sectarianism is that for some OF fans, those religious connotations are still prevalent and goes deeper than support or dislike of a particular club. The song books and history of both clubs say as much.

I'm not saying thats true for all OF fans. Nor am I saying its right for other fans to say *** and ******. But I dont think its as easy as saying certain words are always sectarian in use. For the most part, people using those words don't mean it in anything other than in a footballing capacity.