Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

5 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I wish the internet had been around when Sir Alex Ferguson left Aberdeen - if this is the response to this jobber leaving Rangers after a freak season,

the internet in the 80's would've changed football history

Ta-Ra-Fergie-banner-007.jpg?width=300&qu

Just now, AJF said:

Surely Celtic fans would want him to stay then? The mainly jubilant response from them online to this news is a bit of of a giveaway. 

Yes and no however seeing him go is banterific especially with Alex Neil being the current bookies favourite 😂

In all seriousness this is a big season with the chance of almost guaranteed Champions League for the winners next season and Gerrard leaving will unsettle Rangers for a period which is an opportunity we need to take advantage of 

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Surely Celtic fans would want him to stay then? The mainly jubilant response from them online to this news is a bit of of a giveaway. 

Mainly jubilant?

Most Celtic fans at games, you know real fans and not 15 year olds that post online, think he’s not all that.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Just stick Murty in charge for the rest of the season.

Hes already managed at a higher level than Ange did when he took our reserves for a few seasons.

That’s just a move sideways from Gerrard though. You want a step up surely?

Just now, Henrik's tongue said:

That’s just a move sideways from Gerrard though. You want a step up surely?

All that really matters is winning the league this season and denying Celtic the CL money to rebuild their crumbling Main Stand.

So all we need to be able to beat is Postecoglou, and John Kennedy when he takes over in January. Murty is capable of that.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

The jump in standard is monumentally different now. Souness had the England captain where as Gerrard has a guy who couldn’t get a game ahead of Shane Duffy.

I can’t decide how good a manager Gerrard is, personally I don’t feel he comes across well in interviews but I think he’s smart enough to know his deficiencies and have the right people around him. I think the Aston Villa job is as good a job he will get any time soon, less scrutiny from the media and closer to home for him. 

I doubt Gerrard's time at Rangers could have ever meant he would get one of the top jobs in England (even at Liverpool with his connection) as owners down there would look at Scotland and assume its all down to just 2 teams and its not a test of a real manager. I disagree massively with this, but you just need to listen to Simon Jordan to realise that.

The longer Gerrard stays/stayed at Rangers, the opportunity to raise his stock diminishes unless he win a European trophy, which he won't. Add to this that with every passing season he is another step removed from the memory as a player down there by fans and owners, it's not hard to see why moving now would appeal.

However, a savvy owner in England would look at it and see a manager who has some success, has a few years now of handling a fairly hostile at times media and has managed a large fanbases expectation and think at a club like Villa which has big expectant crowds might be a good fit.

Finally, it would be quite good if the BBC down there showed some balls and some solidarity with their Scottish colleagues and decided not to interview him in the same way they have not been allowed to at Rangers. 

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

Finally, it would be quite good if the BBC down there showed some balls and some solidarity with their Scottish colleagues and decided not to interview him in the same way they have not been allowed to at Rangers. 

The BBC refuse to cover Rangers rather than Rangers deny them access.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

All that really matters is winning the league this season and denying Celtic the CL money to rebuild their crumbling Main Stand.

So all we need to be able to beat is Postecoglou, and John Kennedy when he takes over in January. Murty is capable of that.

We sell Bolingoli and that covers the main stand.

You sell 4 players or the “company that owns and operates the club” shuts down. Again.

Step up and play! 

18 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I wish the internet had been around when Sir Alex Ferguson left Aberdeen - if this is the response to this jobber leaving Rangers after a freak season,

1 trophy out of 9 at moneybags Rangers doesn't seem that fantastic a record to me.  Neil Lennon has won dozens of trophies and could only get a gig at Bolton

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

Nearly every time we've changed managers mid-season the new guy has had to come into a huge mess. This time he'll be coming in while we're 4 points clear at the top and all he needs to do is outsmart some obese Australian no-mark. 

We should already be out of sight really as Celtic have a pitiful points total so far.

Just now, DMCs said:

Nearly every time we've changed managers mid-season the new guy has had to come into a huge mess. This time he'll be coming in while we're 4 points clear at the top and all he needs to do is outsmart some obese Australian no-mark. 

We should already be out of sight really as Celtic have a pitiful points total so far.

Correct. Once Kyogo starts racking up the bans for diving, they’ll start to crumble and start dropping points to dross like Livi.

Would be class if he manages to trick them into buying more diddies from the Japanese league before Desmond punts him.