Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

3 hours ago, AJF said:

£500k offer accepted from Turkish side Pendikspor for Scott Wright.

I thought you'd somehow manage to get about double that.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Reports that we’ve also accepted a bid of £4/5m for Kamara from Leeds.

Please let this be true. I'm off down there early next year and would love regaling the locals about how my club made him the shining star he truly is.

13 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

The £20m offer from Juventus looking less likely by the day.

I genuinely think we’d have gotten fairly close to that if we’d cashed in on him last summer at the same time we sold Bassey. Maybe ~£15m or so. He was pivotal in our run to the EL final.

Instead we’ve held on to him too long after selling his pals for big fees and it’s been no secret he has wanted away for a while now.

Certainly a lot of business getting done. Not so much a refresh but a complete filleting.

That leaves who as the backbone of the team - Tav, Goldson, Lundstram; anybody else? I think even Barisic is supposed to be away to Notts Forest.

Can’t fault Beale’s confidence or his backing from above. I just hope he’s right..

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

I genuinely think we’d have gotten fairly close to that if we’d cashed in on him last summer at the same time we sold Bassey. Maybe ~£15m or so. He was pivotal in our run to the EL final.

Instead we’ve held on to him too long after selling his pals for big fees and it’s been no secret he has wanted away for a while now.

Mon now.

Very good player by Scottish Premier League standards but doesn't have anything in his locker that makes an elite blub look at him, let alone pay an 8 figure fee.

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Mon now.

Very good player by Scottish Premier League standards but doesn't have anything in his locker that makes an elite blub look at him, let alone pay an 8 figure fee.

Considering we sold Patterson for £12m, Aribo for £7m in the last year of his contract and Bassey for £20m within 6 months of each other, I don’t think close to £15m for Kamara at the age of 26 on the back of two excellent seasons is wholly unrealistic.

Just now, AJF said:

Considering we sold Patterson for £12m, Aribo for £7m in the last year of his contract and Bassey for £20m within 6 months of each other, I don’t think close to £15m for Kamara at the age of 26 on the back of two excellent seasons is wholly unrealistic.

Surely you can see what all of those offer that's different?

Just now, AJF said:

Was he good for that long? Always struck me as a quite an inconsistent player.

40 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Surely you can see what all of those offer that's different?

Having watched them all for a prolonged period of time, Kamara is probably the most technically gifted out of them all (possibly with the exception of Aribo). He was effective at controlling matches against some quality sides. I’m not saying he’d have went to an elite side like Juventus, but there are plenty of other sides that have no qualms paying £15m for players, with many of them worse than Kamara.

38 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Was he good for that long? Always struck me as a quite an inconsistent player.

I’d say so. Practically every player in our squad were excellent in our unbeaten title winning season, then Kamara produced some top performances on the way to Seville the following season. Even before that he was viewed as an unbelievable bit of business at £50k.

The season just gone I’d say was the exception as he’d checked out after Aribo and Bassey left. Never looked interested but the fact that Leeds are looking to pay ~£5m now to try and help them get back to the Premier League makes me believe we’d have been capable of getting a lot more for him if we’d cashed in last summer when his stock was high.

Although it always seems to be a double edged sword this kind of debate had around Rangers players recently (and I don’t mean you personally, btw). We get criticised for not cashing in on our players when their stock is high, but then we get told their stock was never high in the first place which is contradictory.

14 hours ago, AJF said:

Having watched them all for a prolonged period of time, Kamara is probably the most technically gifted out of them all (possibly with the exception of Aribo). He was effective at controlling matches against some quality sides. I’m not saying he’d have went to an elite side like Juventus, but there are plenty of other sides that have no qualms paying £15m for players, with many of them worse than Kamara.

I’d say so. Practically every player in our squad were excellent in our unbeaten title winning season, then Kamara produced some top performances on the way to Seville the following season. Even before that he was viewed as an unbelievable bit of business at £50k.

The season just gone I’d say was the exception as he’d checked out after Aribo and Bassey left. Never looked interested but the fact that Leeds are looking to pay ~£5m now to try and help them get back to the Premier League makes me believe we’d have been capable of getting a lot more for him if we’d cashed in last summer when his stock was high.

Although it always seems to be a double edged sword this kind of debate had around Rangers players recently (and I don’t mean you personally, btw). We get criticised for not cashing in on our players when their stock is high, but then we get told their stock was never high in the first place which is contradictory.

I guess it is about how confident you are that you can replace the player and/or survive without them. If you think of Kent, Moreles and Kamara. I would have thought that even at their best they were replaceable. Certainly for the money being talked about. (it's also to a degree about what the player wants)

In defence of not selling though, you can only sell if there is a buyer. I don't think any of those three had firm bids and most of it was just paper talk. I don't think you can be criticised for not selling where there is no buyer. 

But yes in Bantz terms it is also fair to point and laugh at players once touted at £20m+ struggling to get a club or going for pennies in comparison to what the papers where saying they were worth 

29 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

I guess it is about how confident you are that you can replace the player and/or survive without them. If you think of Kent, Moreles and Kamara. I would have thought that even at their best they were replaceable. Certainly for the money being talked about. (it's also to a degree about what the player wants)

In defence of not selling though, you can only sell if there is a buyer. I don't think any of those three had firm bids and most of it was just paper talk. I don't think you can be criticised for not selling where there is no buyer. 

But yes in Bantz terms it is also fair to point and laugh at players once touted at £20m+ struggling to get a club or going for pennies in comparison to what the papers where saying they were worth 

Out of the three mentioned Kamara was definitely  the most overrated, no doubt due to the really small expenditure to acquire him.

7 minutes ago, stressball said:

Out of the three mentioned Kamara was definitely  the most overrated, no doubt due to the really small expenditure to acquire him.

Oft I'd have said Kent was most overrated. I think mostly Kamara was not rated at all. Morelos was the biggest waste though. There was a player there (decent at least). 

Excellent evening saying farewell to McGregor!

Minutes in the legs against a side that understandably look a level above us but we acquitted ourselves rather well I felt.

I think Lammers is going to surprise a few this season and Raskin just looks great. The game was totally different after his introduction.

Yfeko and Rice also showed up well so let’s see if we can give them some meaningful game time this season.

But goodbye to an absolute legend in McGregor. Keepers like him are few and far between at this level.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Excellent evening saying farewell to McGregor!

But goodbye to an absolute legend in McGregor. Keepers like him are few and far between at this level.

Thank fvck players like McGregor are few and far between. He was, and still is, a despicable specimen.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen