Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Yes it’s the same rule, and last season when Celtic indicated they wouldn’t be taking their Ibrox allocation, Rangers reciprocated by doing the same. It seems, however, they may choose not to reciprocate.

The rule states that an offer of tickets must be made available to the away team, so Rangers would be doing absolutely nothing wrong by accepting even if Celtic don’t accept theirs.

But defensive there mate no one is suggesting Rangers are doing anything wrong by accepting the tickets (what they did wrong was create the situation in the first instance) so going into explaining rules etc just really isn’t necessary

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

But defensive there mate no one is suggesting Rangers are doing anything wrong by accepting the tickets (what they did wrong was create the situation in the first instance) so going into explaining rules etc just really isn’t necessary

I explained the rules because you questioned them mate 👇🏻

10 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Is that the same rule that was in place last season aye? Remind how many away tickets that netted you? 

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

I explained the rules because you questioned them mate 👇🏻

Rhetorical question mate, I thought that was obvious along with it being written with a generous dose of sarcasm

I guess I better work on that

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Rhetorical question mate, I thought that was obvious along with it being written with a generous dose of sarcasm

I guess I better work on that

Indeed, but the rhetorical question was used to imply that the rule could be disregarded, which isn’t really the case here because last season Rangers agreed to reciprocate Celtic’s action whereas this season it appears they may not.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

Indeed, but the rhetorical question was used to imply that the rule could be disregarded, which isn’t really the case here because last season Rangers agreed to reciprocate Celtic’s action whereas this season it appears they may not.

No i didn’t imply that at all actually. What i was alluding to was Police Scotland being a major part of the decision making on the grounds of safety. If Rangers do accept the tickets as they have a right to do it just signifies fan safety isn’t really as important to them as previously claimed which is odd considering how critical they were of the police a year ago

Edited by Jinky67

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No i didn’t imply that at all actually. What i was alluding to was Police Scotland being a major part of the decision making on the grounds of safety. If Rangers do accept the tickets as they have a right to do it just signifies fan safety isn’t really as important to them which is odd considering how critical they were of the police a year ago

But it wasn’t the Police that influenced Rangers’ decision to refuse tickets to Celtic Park last season? It was Rangers’ decision following Celtic’s refusal to take tickets for Ibrox.

If you are implying that the Police would stop Rangers taking their ticket allocation at Celtic Park due to safety concerns then that negates Celtic’s whole argument if they are refusing to take tickets for Ibrox on safety grounds. How can they demand that we ensure the safety for visiting support if they themselves can’t do the same?

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

If you are implying that the Police would stop Rangers taking their ticket allocation at Celtic Park due to safety concerns then that negates Celtic’s whole argument if they are refusing to take tickets for Ibrox on safety grounds. How can they demand that we ensure the safety for visiting support if they themselves can’t do the same?

If you employ a simple rhetorical device of ‘pure Rangers scum, Celtic angels’ then it’s easy. 

6 hours ago, AJF said:

But it wasn’t the Police that influenced Rangers’ decision to refuse tickets to Celtic Park last season? It was Rangers’ decision following Celtic’s refusal to take tickets for Ibrox.

Mate you should take your own advice from the Cha Du-Ri conversation and chill the f**k out. It was clearly a rhetorical, sarcastic post which you have taken a little too seriously 

Edited by Jinky67

30 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Mate you should take your own advice from the Cha Du-Ri conversation and chill the f**k out. It was clearly a rhetorical, sarcastic post which you have taken a little too seriously 

All I’ve done is countered your post about the police (which was not the rhetorical post)

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

All I’ve done is countered your post about the police (which was not the rhetorical post)

Ok mate, well I’m about to take the long drive home from Lossiemouth and even I don’t see a point to be gained from continuing this one so you win, my weekend gift to you 🙏