Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

4 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Apart from hating each others, but any other reason why Celtic Park can't be used ?  

I'd think it's because the Rangers fans would likely trash the place.

If any of the rumours and hyperbole about the stadium hold any sort of water then I’d have thought the sensible option would be to get the crane off the pitch, close the Copland Rd end for this season, postpone and properly programme the upgrade works for next summer. 

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

If any of the rumours and hyperbole about the stadium hold any sort of water then I’d have thought the sensible option would be to get the crane off the pitch, close the Copland Rd end for this season, postpone and properly programme the upgrade works for next summer. 

This could be an option. Although I’m not sure if any unfinished construction works would have an impact on any safety certificate for the wider stadium? 

Any venue for rearranged games will require full VAR facilities. I'm sure that'll rule out quite a few!  Celtic's ground (behind closed doors) would be a perfect solution as both Boards work together so well - meeting regularly for good food 'n drink 😀, after all.......

If Celtic isn't an option, the length of delay is likely causing palpitations in the Ibrox boardroom as no other ground can be "booked" until when Ibrox will be ready is known.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There is absolutely no precedent for forfeiting games in this context, and nor should it be a consideration. We can't have a situation where the league table is affected by the quirks of a fixture list of a team getting "lucky" with their opponents having a game called off.

Rangers can be fined and penalised if a game can't go ahead, but it should still be played at a later date.

It would be difficult to forfeit some games but not others. 

The only option is to forfeit all their  games. Domestic and European. 

They'll probably make it out the championship on the second attempt again. 

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There is absolutely no precedent for forfeiting games in this context, and nor should it be a consideration. We can't have a situation where the league table is affected by the quirks of a fixture list of a team getting "lucky" with their opponents having a game called off.

Rangers can be fined and penalised if a game can't go ahead, but it should still be played at a later date.

Surely there must be a deadline set by the SPFL though ? 

Rangers are not being transparent with their contingency plans and that’s not fair on their own fans or their opponents.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

We’ve made some slight (visual) improvements to our disability areas over the years.

One set of fans, guess who, decided to jump all over them, caved the roofs in and then tried to blame us for them not being safe enough.

Scumbags. Hopefully any request to switch fixtures will be refused by the other clubs.

EBKAwr9XYAIFdFp?format=jpg&name=medium

As much as I enjoy criticising celtic fans,  our fans did the same thing Dindy.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Rangers are not being transparent with their contingency plans and that’s not fair on their own fans or their opponents.

Doncaster mentioned when the fixtures were released that the SPFL would begin liaising with Rangers. So it’s likely there is ongoing discussion, but obviously we are not privy to any plans or contingencies as yet.

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Was there any talk of forfeiting games and fines when Hearts built a new stand without ordering any seats for it.

Hearts rearranged 1 fixture and played 3 games at Murrayfield.

Has any other Scottish premier league/ premiership club had to play their games at another ground because of their own incompetence and what penalty did they receive? Other than Gretna ofc. 

Edit: I read the posts above. What penalty did hearts face? 

Edited by MazzyStar

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Hearts rearranged 1 fixture and played 3 games at Murrayfield.

Looking at their first round of 11 fixtures that season, they played 9 away from home, with 2 “home” fixtures at Murrayfield.

Even if we say that 1 game was rearranged, that would’ve meant they only had 3 home games scheduled in the opening round of 11 fixtures before rearrangements. It must’ve been more than 1 rearranged surely?

1 hour ago, MazzyStar said:

Has any other Scottish premier league/ premiership club had to play their games at another ground because of their own incompetence and what penalty did they receive? Other than Gretna ofc. 

ICT

Gretna

Hearts

as far as I can remember. 

Falkirk were so incompetent that they had to forfeit their right to even play in the top league.

Dundee of course were very close to being sent to another clubs ground last season due to their incompetence and financial doping but you expect that from a club who spend most of their time in the second tier.

4 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Surely there's issues around swapping home and away fixtures? When both are in Europe after Christmas and play Thursday and Sunday then that's a disaster waiting to happen.

Celtic will not be playing on Thursdays.

2 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

I don't see why Hearts would have been punished. They provided a suitable ground for their game, and gave everyone plenty of advance notice, which is all you really need to do.

If they were going to be penalised for anything it would be the carry-on right at the end where it took until the day before their game against Thistle for them to get their safety certificate for the new stand at Tynecastle.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It's not even July yet and their first scheduled fixture at Ibrox is not for another 6 weeks. There is no obligation to be "transparent" at this stage, the general public does not need to know every in and out of their construction issues or every ongoing negotiation for the use of the another ground. The SPFL and opposing teams need to be kept in the loop fairly regularly, certainly, but that's about it.