Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

Read a little of the Bennett interview.

While I am chairman I want to end the years of rinse and repeat. And I think you know what I’m talking about, by October there are big changes at the club, hugely damaging at every level. That must end, we must all be all-in. Philippe’s all-in, we’re all aligned and we have to deliver, that very tricky challenge we have to rise to.

About time. The Rangers board are heading in the correct direction. The only logical way they can proceed. The Rangers fans won't be happy because they will have to accept their place in the food chain as Scotland's #2 team for the time being or indefinitely until they get themselves together or Celtic get it wrong.

This is definitely one to watch this season, it'll be one of the best sideshows of the season. The trick for the board will be continuing with this course of action when the inevitable is happening: The pressure on the Rangers board will be enormous if things aren't going well and matching the unrealistic expectations of the teddy bears to be Scotland's #1 team.

Looking forward to it.

On 28/07/2024 at 18:56, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbh, if another team doesn’t get 2nd this season it shows how bad our top division is.

Very doubtful anyone will manage it.

Even covid-season riot-inducing Celtic still got 77 points. Hard to see Rangers managing to be much worse than that.

Hearts got 68 points last season, and the aim will be to break 70, but they will be playing at least 8 European games this season. Hard to see a 10-point improvement, which is likely to be the minimum required to have a reasonable chance of second.

Hibs and Aberdeen look miles off the pace. Can any sane human see either of those squads getting above 70 points? They'd need to add about 30 points to last season's totals to have any chance of second. Seen any improvement to those squads that suggests a 30 point improvement? Keep in mind that Aberdeen took an avalanche of late points in the bottom six to gloss their tally a bit too.

Then we get into the realm of clubs with a budget that's less than a tenth of Rangers'.

It's extremely unlikely Rangers finish anywhere other than second this year.

Edited by VincentGuerin

You just feel the “all-in” chat from Bennett will come back to bite him. He basically will now look like a liar if he has to sack him and of course if Rangers do get off to a really rotten start then the fans will demand he is sacked.

52 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Very doubtful anyone will manage it.

Even covid-season riot-inducing Celtic still got 77 points. Hard to see Rangers managing to be much worse than that.

Hearts got 68 points last season, and the aim will be to break 70, but they will be playing at least 8 European games this season. Hard to see a 10-point improvement, which is likely to be the minimum required to have a reasonable chance of second.

Hibs and Aberdeen look miles off the pace. Can any sane human see either of those squads getting above 70 points? They'd need to add about 30 points to last season's totals to have any chance of second. Seen any improvement to those squads that suggests a 30 point improvement? Keep in mind that Aberdeen took an avalanche of late points in the bottom six to gloss their tally a bit too.

Then we get into the realm of clubs with a budget that's less than a tenth of Rangers'.

It's extremely unlikely Rangers finish anywhere other than second this year.

😂

12 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

😂

Genuinely interested in what evidence there is that they aren't?

Which of their squads from last season's bottom six look like they have another 30 points in them?

Keep in mind this is in the context of a challenge for second.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Genuinely interested in what evidence there is that they aren't?

Which of their squads from last season's bottom six look like they have another 30 points in them?

Keep in mind this is in the context of a challenge for second.

We haven't played a league fixture yet.

We have a goalie who is a massive improvement on the other and finally have a cm there to do the dog work like Ramadani did. 

Will we gain another thirty points? Likely not but to write us off based on us improving at the end of the season is bizarre.

6 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

We haven't played a league fixture yet.

We have a goalie who is a massive improvement on the other and finally have a cm there to do the dog work like Ramadani did. 

Will we gain another thirty points? Likely not but to write us off based on us improving at the end of the season is bizarre.

I mean, sure.

Maybe go back and read the post I was replying to.

If you don't think Aberdeen and Hibs are off the pace in terms of being able to mount a challenge for second place, then I don't know what to say to you. I don't think what I posted was in any way controversial whatsoever.

Two bottom six teams with very little work done to their squads over the summer. Even reading the opinions of fans of both clubs on here, the consensus is that both squads are nowhere near it at the moment.

There's a difference between "can challenge for third", which is pretty much everyone with a fair wind, and "can challenge for second".

Explained above I don't think Hearts will be second either, but they're certainly well ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs in the queue. I'm not sure what's to disagree with there.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Aberdeen and Hibs should probably worry about competing with the wee cousins of Orange from Rugby Park first before they worry about unionist Hearts or the even bigger brother of all the bigots the famous Glasgow Rangers FC.

Union Jack GIF

20 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Aberdeen and Hibs should probably worry about competing with the wee cousins of Orange from Rugby Park first before they worry about unionist Hearts or the even bigger brother of all the bigots the famous Glasgow Rangers FC.

Union Jack GIF

Isn't the point of satire to not be quite so on the nose?

On 30/07/2024 at 10:42, bennett said:

Goldson always had the odd mistake in him but overall he's been a pretty good player for us and one will that will be hard to replace given our budget restraints.

obviously the transfer fee won't be huge so this is probably more wage related.

Yer £40 a year firestick subscription will go a long way to the new clubs budget 😏