Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I mean if you choose to totally ignore what I actually posted that showed it wasn't really to do with them then ok yeah.

I saw what you posted. It was that there was a need for a waiting list when Rodgers came in. That was in 2016 was it not?

What year did Rangers get promoted again? 

What a coincidence.

Edited by Sortmeout

51 minutes ago, AJF said:

Seems like there might be an outside chance of us being back at Ibrox in time for this match on 21st September.

Just because the truth tellers have put "The venue for this match will be confirmed in due course", or do you have other info?

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Seems like there might be an outside chance of us being back at Ibrox in time for this match on 21st September.

Was September not the month originally aimed for or was it October?

If it was September then this tweet, in my opinion, is laying the groundwork for it to be Hampden. I think if your board announced this game for Hampden today a lot of your online crazies would jump all over it.

If the original month aimed for was October then you may be right.

29 minutes ago, Kneal Down Caster said:

Is that ahead of previously hoped date ?

13 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Was September not the month originally aimed for or was it October?

If it was September then this tweet, in my opinion, is laying the groundwork for it to be Hampden. I think if your board announced this game for Hampden today a lot of your online crazies would jump all over it.

If the original month aimed for was October then you may be right.

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Just because the truth tellers have put "The venue for this match will be confirmed in due course", or do you have other info?

Late September was quoted as a “best case scenario”. The recent media reports have said this was on track given the latest and final shipment had arrived as expected.

There’s also been a few videos doing the rounds of the updated works which seems to be accelerating pretty quickly. But yeah, it’s probably latching on to them stating the venue will be confirmed in due course that is giving a little hope.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I know they will be taking as much care as possible with the goal mouth, but it's still a crane.

Will be interesting to see the state of the pitch if they return on time.

Yeah, that'll be the concern as our pitch has been pretty immaculate the last couple of seasons. Apparently the crane will be gone in the next couple of days now that the steel has been lifted into place, so I wonder if we will use an "accelerated pitch growth programme" like the one we paid for to use Hampden.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yeah, that'll be the concern as our pitch has been pretty immaculate the last couple of seasons. Apparently the crane will be gone in the next couple of days now that the steel has been lifted into place, so I wonder if we will use an "accelerated pitch growth programme" like the one we paid for to use Hampden.

Will be a laugh either way.

Not a knock on Rangers, but I think the pitch will be the least of the concerns. You'll be wanting back at Ibrox so you can stop paying rent ASAP. Who cares if the pitch is f**ked by December!

Not that I often doubt Fab, but surely this is made up.

Probably an attempt for the club to say “look, we tried to sign players…” as we head into the final week of the transfer window.

We're on Uefas FFP watchlist,  probably have to get a few out before we can bring anyone else in and there's no chance we're spending £7m even if it is spread out.

35 minutes ago, AJF said:

Not that I often doubt Fab, but surely this is made up.

Probably an attempt for the club to say “look, we tried to sign players…” as we head into the final week of the transfer window.

£700k up front then £7m spread over 5 years.

Someone's been playing Football Manager. 

Richard Foster has been charged by the Scottish FA over his "lies" outburst while covering Rangers' win over St Johnstone.

The former Ibrox defender was covering the match on BBC Sportsound when he slaughtered an explanation over Cyriel Dessers' goal in the Premier Sports Cup contest.

Referee Matthew MacDermid allowed play to continue - where Dessers then scored - before awarding a free-kick to St Johnstone.

The official was then advised to review the incident at the pitchside monitor where the goal was then awarded.

A Scottish FA disciplinary update has confirmed a notice of complaint against Foster - who is a coach for Motherwell alongside his punditry work - citing disciplinary rule 77.

A hearing has been set for Wednesday, September 11.

The disciplinary rule allegedly breached reads: "Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 77. A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football