Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I don't think Celtic and Rangers are at the Barcelona/Espanyol, super club/jobber club status yet.  It's pure overreaction from those Rangers fans.  All it would take for it to potentially swing back into Rangers favour would be for both clubs to appoint new managers, with Celtic appointing some loser like Neil Lennon again, and Rangers appointing someone like Gerrard who would be able to capitalise.

Celtic would probably have to lose their 3 Japanese talismans too of course.

This is it for me, alot of people said much the same about us after the COVID season where just about all our better players had left or wanted to and the **** horsed the league by 25 points. We obviously lucked out with Ange for various reasons but our team isn't really imperious. Of course you need sellable assets too kick off a rebuild which is the main problem really.

Ironically the point at which many thought the **** would start an era of dominance after getting the Europa final and then finally winning the league was ultimately whats f**ked them by not selling players when are at a peak value. The 'pack of cards' quote by one of their board members is quite amusing now really.

ETA - I've got the league and EUROPA the wrong way round I think but the point remains much the same.

Edited by gannonball

34 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

f**k sake yer all taking that a bit literally. 

The Rangers fans on that podcast were meaning it literally, though.  And we're all saying it's bollocks.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The Rangers fans on that podcast were meaning it literally, though.  And we're all saying it's bollocks.

I don’t think they were implying literally that Celtic are a super club equivalent to Barca. It was more to do with the gulf between them and their derby rivals which has drawn the parallel. 

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t think they were implying literally that Celtic are a super club equivalent to Barca. It was more to do with the gulf between them and their derby rivals which has drawn the parallel. 

The "East Stirlingshire-ification", if you prefer.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Football fans/pundits in using dramatic, over the top language shocker. 

Got to get folk to subscribe/watch their YouTube channels and podcasts. 

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

I wasn't saying that.  I was saying they were clearly implying there's the same gulf in terms of status between Barca/Espanyol and Celtic/Rangers now, which is clearly horseshit.

19 minutes ago, bennett said:

The stick that Tav gets from a lot of our support can be ridiculous at times.

It’s certainly over the top. However, I felt in the summer it was time for him to be moved on.

He has declined massively over the last 12 months to the extent his fitness looks non-existent which was always one of his biggest strengths. He doesn’t have that burst of pace anymore either.

It’ll be interesting to see if he stays whether Kasawanjiro will end up taking his place in the team.

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s certainly over the top. However, I felt in the summer it was time for him to be moved on.

He has declined massively over the last 12 months to the extent his fitness looks non-existent which was always one of his biggest strengths. He doesn’t have that burst of pace anymore either.

It’ll be interesting to see if he stays whether Kasawanjiro will end up taking his place in the team.

You'll miss him when he's gone.

46 minutes ago, bennett said:

The stick that Tav gets from a lot of our support can be ridiculous at times.

I think he has been miss managed terribly. He's clearly not a captain but no manager has had the stones to reverse it. It's evident he's almost guaranteed to be at fault for a goal when playing up against Maeda yet there appears to have no plans to counter that. Going to a back 3 may have helped prolong his Ibrox career or playing him as a defensive mid seems to have been obvious options to try but he's just been left out to dry as being on the right of a back four as his legs have gone a bit and was never the best positionally.

18 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

You'll miss him when he's gone.

If we don't have a suitable replacement, yes. I've always maintained in his time at Rangers the good outweighed the bad. However, I feel his rapid decline recently is starting to get to that tipping point.

Unfortunately we are not seeing the Tavernier of 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Edited by AJF