Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 hour ago, Forest of Dean said:

At least 90% of fans on twitter and forums are steadfast against.

Ok, you could presume that it isn't representative of most fans (too young etc.) but I doubt that is actually true in 2018.

If Murray rocked up with £30m pledges, that remaining 10% would multiply.

As Dindeleux says, such sentiment isn't necessarily confined to Rangers fans.  With them though, I'd say it's exaggerated, as demonstrated by the 'forgiveness' that's already been evident when considered expedient.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye but that's all fanciful dross.  It has as much credence as me saying, "If we win on Sunday and go on to win our 55th title then we should rename our training ground 'Murty Park'"

Edit:  That's actually not a bad shout ;)

Fanciful indeed.

As if that would be the 55th title.

On 03/03/2018 at 13:15, WeWereThePeople said:

Neither. We have mounted a challenge from a poorer financial position, because we're not shitebags like Aberdeen or hibs, and it's in our dna to challenge for titles.

On 03/03/2018 at 13:36, Ken Fitlike said:

With all this money at the top of the tree, why did Old Rangers go bust and New Rangers need a loan from Close Brothers?
Oh right... It's in their DNA.

The Clone Rangers? :huh:

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If Murray rocked up with £30m pledges, that remaining 10% would multiply.

As Dindeleux says, such sentiment isn't necessarily confined to Rangers fans.  With them though, I'd say it's exaggerated, as demonstrated by the 'forgiveness' that's already been evident when considered expedient.

It's more than 90% frankly - it's honestly extremely hard to find positive comments about Murray from our fans.

59 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

It's more than 90% frankly - it's honestly extremely hard to find positive comments about Murray from our fans.

He was in charge during a very successful era and signed the best players there will ever be at the club, plus he paid me a very nice salary when I worked for one of his companies so I might be a bit biased.

If he wanted to invest in Rangers I'd be willing to hear him out. Not that the story is true anyway

9 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

Well of six Rangers posters on here who've commented, there's one who's explicitly saying - amidst some positive comments - that he'd hear Murray out, and a couple of others failing to comment on how they'd actually view the idea of Murray returning, preferring instead to comment merely on the veracity or otherwise of the story.

There would in my view be lots of people like thepundit, who are so seduced by shiny trophies, that they'd entertain the idea of Murray being involved again.

As I said though, it's perfectly possible that the story has no real basis in fact anyway.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Well of six Rangers posters on here who've commented, there's one who's explicitly saying - amidst some positive comments - that he'd hear Murray out, and a couple of others failing to comment on how they'd actually view the idea of Murray returning, preferring instead to comment merely on the veracity or otherwise of the story.
There would in my view be lots of people like thepundit, who are so seduced by shiny trophies, that they'd entertain the idea of Murray being involved again.
As I said though, it's perfectly possible that the story has no real basis in fact anyway.

Yes. The story (which is clearly shite anyway) just says he’s willing to invest.

Had there been an interview with him where he stayed categorically that he was willing to throw a fortune at them then I presume the fan feeling would be quite different.

In any case it’s pointless speculation as I simply can’t conceive of any way he’d a) come back or b) be in a position to provide significant sums of money.

How much of his own money did he even put in first time round?

On 2/27/2018 at 22:41, Forest of Dean said:

I was the opposite. Wanted McInnes in at the time but his bottling seems to be getting worse every passing day. Would now hold my hands up and say I got it wrong.

Dolly scrabbling a draw today against Partick Thistle.  They seem to be in free-fall and, with Hibs and Killy showing good form, could easily end up 5th.

What a bullet we dodged.

Edited by The_Kincardine

48 minutes ago, The DA said:

Excellent news.

He's still a good player and very useful to have. He was strong today and caused their defenders' problems. Not to the same extent that Edoard and Dembele did though and they both played a similar style.

He was missed something like 7 or 8 sitters this season and now has got himself a reputation for that he wouldn't want.

There is potentially also an issue with him mentally against Celtic. That's a sitter today and a very good chance missed to go along with two sitters in the December game.

4 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

He's still a good player and very useful to have. He was strong today and caused their defenders' problems. Not to the same extent that Edoard and Dembele did though and they both played a similar style.

He was missed something like 7 or 8 sitters this season and now has got himself a reputation for that he wouldn't want.

There is potentially also an issue with him mentally against Celtic. That's a sitter today and a very good chance missed to go along with two sitters in the December game.

I was taking the piss, FoD.

3 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Missed you over in the match thread mate.

You still "gaun fur 55"

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Missed you over in the match thread mate.

You still "gaun fur 55"

:lol:

I was at the game - just got back. Having a roast dinner with the missus tonight so things looking better already. :thumsup2

At what point did I ever said we would win the league? It was always a long shot and that's it 100% over now after a good win for you.