Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

On 01/10/2018 at 22:54, pittsburgh phil said:

Mark Walters on Scotland Tonight talking about the racist abuse he had to deal with is disgusting. For shame.

I didn't watch the interview but he was a great player for us.  You'd have thought after all the fruit/banana throwing in his début vs Celtic other teams' supporters would have taken heed.  Nope.  Up stepped the Hertz fans to be just as moronic.

I didn't watch the interview but he was a great player for us.  You'd have thought after all the fruit/banana throwing in his début vs Celtic other teams' supporters would have taken heed.  Nope.  Up stepped the Hertz fans to be just as moronic.

Wow, you really going there? With your fans behaviour before and since those incidents?

23 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Wow, you really going there? With your fans behaviour before and since those incidents?

Sure, young Drew.  In the context of a discussion about Mark Walters I'd be fascinated by any 'your fans are pyoor worse'  whitabootery that you'd care to put forward.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Sure, young Drew.  In the context of a discussion about Mark Walters I'd be fascinated by any 'your fans are pyoor worse'  whitabootery that you'd care to put forward.

I avoided cataloging cases because it’s pretty obvious the history of racism within your fan base, I’m just surprised yiu went there, I’d imagine youre fishing.

We could go back 20 years previous to Walters when 40,000+ chanted ‘Wilson’s a darkie’ every time Paul Wilson played at ibrox, add that to the more recent cases of monkey chants to Paul Elliot, Bobo Balde Agathe etc, right up to the abuse Scott Sinclair suffered less than 2 yrs ago. Even Maurice Edu was victim of racial abuse in a time when our society as a whole has moved on considerably, well most have.

15 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I avoided cataloging cases because it’s pretty obvious the history of racism within your fan base,

Well you didn't.  You did what very good bhoy does and engaged in w'boutery.  

Sane posters would have said something along the lines of, "Aye, we were bang out of order as were the Hearts fans in a following match".  You didn't.  You reverted to type and looked to mitigate the blame.

The abuse that Wilson, Walters et al have suffered simply by playing football in Scotland and having the audacity to be non-white should receive blanket condemnation from every fan of Scottish football, and if your own fans are responsible it should make no difference. In the specific context of the abuse suffered by Mark Walters, the only thing we should really be saying in response is that it was terrible and shameful, which it was. It really doesn't matter which team he happened to be playing for. His experience doesn't make Paul Wilson's experience or anyone else's experience any better or worse.

Well you didn't.  You did what very good bhoy does and engaged in w'boutery.

I’m pretty sure you requested it.

Sane posters would have said something along the lines of, "Aye, we were bang out of order as were the Hearts fans in a following match".  You didn't.  You reverted to type and looked to mitigate the blame. 

A sane follower of a club with a history of racism wouldn’t cast stones at Celtic and hearts fans in the 1st place.

2 minutes ago, IggyStooge said:

Speaking of whataboutery, deflection and general scumbaggery, here are some reactions to the arrest of a 30-year-old man who cracked a linesman with a coin and celebrated it before leading a chorus of "f**k the SFA"...

5bb66e4ea345f_Screenshot_2018-10-04MANCHARGEDFOLLOWINGASSAULTOFASSISTANTREFEREELIVINGSTON(1).thumb.png.35b46c30564a1de45299e455151e970e.png5bb66e4fd3de1_Screenshot_2018-10-04MANCHARGEDFOLLOWINGASSAULTOFASSISTANTREFEREELIVINGSTON(4).thumb.png.dc330d7717414e49a5f4829f75f14a86.pngf-nian.thumb.jpg.96a476a22aa7b7f079e4448648f846a6.jpgt-ig-c-un.thumb.jpg.21ed5109c4e7a5b7d047a74e56ccc346.jpgnapper.thumb.jpg.fe5dc96372ed1ef8de2523c6bf93d023.jpg

What does "fucked wae a tenner a smash aff his napper" mean?

They're talking as if there was one person that stuck him in yet the police said they'd had an "overwhelming response" in identifying him. 

1 hour ago, IggyStooge said:

Speaking of whataboutery, deflection and general scumbaggery, here are some reactions to the arrest of a 30-year-old man who cracked a linesman with a coin and celebrated it before leading a chorus of "f**k the SFA"...

5bb66e4ea345f_Screenshot_2018-10-04MANCHARGEDFOLLOWINGASSAULTOFASSISTANTREFEREELIVINGSTON(1).thumb.png.35b46c30564a1de45299e455151e970e.png5bb66e4fd3de1_Screenshot_2018-10-04MANCHARGEDFOLLOWINGASSAULTOFASSISTANTREFEREELIVINGSTON(4).thumb.png.dc330d7717414e49a5f4829f75f14a86.pngf-nian.thumb.jpg.96a476a22aa7b7f079e4448648f846a6.jpgt-ig-c-un.thumb.jpg.21ed5109c4e7a5b7d047a74e56ccc346.jpgnapper.thumb.jpg.fe5dc96372ed1ef8de2523c6bf93d023.jpg

The worrying thing is that these people are walking amongst us.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Playing on a real pitch, playing football and with semi competent officials...

That's the way to do it.

Dearie me. So you lost to a team on Sunday because of the pitch, the officials and the fact that you couldn’t play football.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Dearie me. So you lost to a team on Sunday because of the pitch, the officials and the fact that you couldn’t play football.

Aye, just blame me for Sunday's result...

14 hours ago, Dee Man said:

What does "fucked wae a tenner a smash aff his napper" mean?

"Forcefully struck with ten pounds sterling in coins on the cranium."

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

The worrying thing is that these people are walking amongst us.

When there's no more room in hell...

11 hours ago, bennett said:

Playing on a real pitch, playing football and with semi competent officials...

That's the way to do it.

I don't think you'd be calling them semi-competent if their goal was the only goal of the game.