Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can’t believe I’m going to say this but....Bennett is right here

You can't understand why someone with admitted mental issues is getting more sympathy than someone who's been through rehab yet still spends his time getting steaming and wasting his career?

14 minutes ago, bennett said:

Just asking why one player is considered fair game, while another gets support and sympathy?

Pena had his chance to get his life in order.

Instead he left rehab halfway through to get steaming with his mates.

Griffiths is trying to get his life in order. If he's spotted in a bookies, steaming, spunking a fortune next week he'll be "fair game", too.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Pena might have underlying mental issues that impact his life and maybe why he behaves the way he does. The big question there is does he want help?

Griffiths obviously asked for help, Pena as far as I'm aware only asked Gerrard for another chance to play 1st team football and try and establish himself. If he asked for help I'm sure the club would give him the help and support he would need. 

He had rehab paid for him, and left halfway through. He's had support, he's had help, and he's had a chance, but didn't take it.

Mental health awareness is rapidly improving in this country. Understanding of the illnesses etc is getting much better, but theres no point and saying mental health issues excuse any and all behaviour.

Example: I have no problems saying that I think Paul Gascoigne is horrible, horrible man. Theres no doubt in my mind that mental illness contributed heavily to what he is, but despite this, I think he is a c**t.

Bennett is not right here, because he is effectively saying that all sufferers of mental illness are the same, and therefore automatically deserving of identical treatment/sympathy and whatever else. They are not. Just like not all cancer sufferers, HIV sufferers, Diabetes sufferers etc are the same.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

No, it hasn't.

Random guy :lol:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/carlos-pena-checks-out-rehab-12666382

He had his chance.

He left rehab early, on his own accord. He then started doing exactly the same thing at the new club.

This is why he gets no sympathy.

You continue mewling and deflecting long enough in the blind hope a Rangers fan eventually turns up to dig you out a hole, though.

10 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Some saying it was racist abuse after last weeks game.

Stan Collymore sent a cryptic tweet earlier.

IMG_3940.thumb.jpg.868b142f6a26ced0798f71ff6879e22e.jpg

Just checked Stanley's twitter account and can't see that tweet Drew.

Was it posted today?

25 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

So what's the story with Ejaria? Looked like he was a nailed on starter when fit, what's caused him to leave? Just didn't want to play any more?

Two main stories appear to be circulating, too rough up here and not settling.

Shame, I think he's got talent.