Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Davis the latest EBT recipient to have played for the old liquidated Rangers and now the Sevco franchise.

I remember cries of traitor when he and some comrades refused to sign for the new club.

How fickle.

City-wide, glaziers rub their hands together and start glancing at their phones.

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

Would love to see Stevie Davis back at Ibrox. The lad could still do a cracking job for us in the 2nd half of the season.

I'd not mind starting our next game, vs Killy, with Arfield, Jack and Davis in midfield.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Mental to think that such a boring, safe snooker player is right into djing hard techno. Could never get my head round that!

Anybody who thinks DJs or techno are in anyway exciting are probably play-safe, non-thinking, boring b*****ds, to be fair.

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

Clyde SSB reporting that Defoe will join the Gers on an 18 month loan deal (on Twatter) and will join the squad at their winter break camp in Tenerife.
Would be delighted if that IS the case. emoji106.png

Just been confirmed on Sky Sports News.

Odd transfer. If he's not declined when sitting on Bournemouths bench, he should run riot, and combined with Davis could be title winning transfers.

Are Rangers fans not a bit nervous about the amount of money you'll be spending on those two though? It's a hell of an amount for players in their mid-30s, especially if you do fail to finish first.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just been confirmed on Sky Sports News.

Odd transfer. If he's not declined when sitting on Bournemouths bench, he should run riot, and combined with Davis could be title winning transfers.

Are Rangers fans not a bit nervous about the amount of money you'll be spending on those two though? It's a hell of an amount for players in their mid-30s, especially if you do fail to finish first.

Defoe hasn't exactly lit it up since joining Bournemouth so I am a bit skeptical this will work out.  There is a long history of aging Premier League stars heading to Scotland and flopping so this could be a big expensive risk

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is the recruitment of Defoe a sign that they're going to cash in on Morelos this month?

Hope not.

Hopefully it's just a case of currently only having two strikers and not having enough cover.

7 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Defoe hasn't exactly lit it up since joining Bournemouth so I am a bit skeptical this will work out.  There is a long history of aging Premier League stars heading to Scotland and flopping so this could be a big expensive risk

Yep, but as it's bit of a name, folk seem to be losing their shit. He's scored less than five league goals in 18 months. 

He might well do a job, seems to keep himself relatively fit (which as a professional footballer you should be doing I guess), but I can see him being distinctly average.